Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 1/13/2015 12:32:00 AM

I have a hard time finding blush because I am pretty pale and usually have breakouts that I don't want to highlight. This blush blends perfectly with my skin, tone and texture wise, so that it looks naturally flushed and makeupless!! Plus, this doesn't make me breakout at all. My favorite thing about this is the texture- light and creamy so it just blends right in with your skin!

on 1/4/2015 12:12:00 AM

I bought this product in the winter because my cheeks tend to be dryer.
I like the colour (I bought the coral one) and
I found that it lasted on my face all day.
Iike many people, I did have issues applying it. Since its squishy it crumbles if you scoop it out.
Then my sister who also has used this blush before, told me to apply it by smiling and applying the blush directly to my face from the container. It definately made a big difference in a good way!
I had to little circles that I blended out for a nice flush of colour.
I dont wear much or heavy foundation so I didnt have any issues with colour transfer.
But I still use this blush the same way and get great results.

Eh this blush is ok. I'm going to use it up but the consistency isn't my favorite and I have to use my fingers to blend it in. I do like that it sets to a powder consistency though. I just have other cream blushes I like better and this is just meh for me.

on 12/23/2014 8:47:00 PM

I think i like this brand of blush. It is very subtle for a natural look and easily applied with a flat or a blush brush. Blends into mousse or liquid foundations easily. Staying power is so-so thus far, but i live in a humid/hot environment; not sure if i would re purchase this product yet, however i am pleased with it.

on 11/22/2014 11:11:00 PM

I like the colors and it blends fairly well. However I bought two one in (I don't know the exact names) a wine and coral shade, and they got really gross in their containers and, to me, have a odd consistency.

I don't have very many nice things to say about this product.
This review is for shade 15 Rose Petal, which is an orange-pink colour.

Problem 1 - How on earth are you supposed to apply this? At first I thought, "oh that looks like a nice idea" but no. No. That was a mistake. I would love to ask whoever came up with this, "how am I supposed to apply this?" Sincerely I wonder. A really frustrating experience. If you put your finger in it, it just squishes. It's all "BOUNCY" so you can't wipe it with your finger because it's like non-crumbly playdoh.

Problem 2 - It's not very pigmented, but that's not a big deal because the colour is nasty on skin

Problem 3 - Doesn't stay on at all. And even if it did, it's slimey. It's uneven to begin with, just due to the texture of the stuff. The longer it's on the more uneven it gets.

Just bad.

on 11/21/2014 9:10:00 PM

I love these blushes! My current favorite is the plum wine blush. The only con: it's hard to apply. It's hard to apply with a brush, or blending it like a cream blush with your fingers. Also, it doesn't have long-lasting stay on your face which makes me disappointed. Otherwise, these are my go-to blushes because of the great variety of amazing colors.

on 11/16/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the strangest product!

PROS:
Shade selection
Once the product is on, I really, really like the color on my cheeks. ( rose petal )
It's not as dry or drying as a typical powder, yet once it's applied, it does turn powdery versus remaining creamy on the skin. That's a great feature for me.

CONS:
Damn near impossible to apply. Seriously, no exaggeration. This stuff is damn near impossible to apply no matter the method, and for me a brush is out of the question. Getting it onto fingers isn't easy, blending it on the cheek not much easier. It's almost like finger paint that has started to dry out.
Not very pigmented. Some may desire more pop.
Doesn't have decent staying power.
Because it's so difficult to blend, it can very easily move or strip off your base.
It WILL settle into pores and other indentations when over-applied with fingers or applied to dry skin.

WTF were they thinking with the consistency of this? I was hoping for a creamy powder blush and this is more like a science experiment. I just don't understand. I will use this up. Will not repurchase.
I gave it a rating of 3 overall because they have this product *almost* right.

on 11/6/2014 11:38:00 PM

This can be a tricky product to apply. This is not a cream blush but more of a gel-to- powder type ,as Maybelline states on it's store displays. This is a fairly decent pigmented product,not too light nor too heavy with color. It gives you a medium flush to the skin but one must blend with the fingers as the bristles on a brush can cause streaking because it's not a powder to begin with.

on 10/31/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was always attracted to these because of the beautiful (and wide) shade range and decided to get one when Maybelline was 40 percent off.

I have the shade Fresh Pink which is exactly what it is. I'm very happy with how this looks on my skin, how it blends, and its sheen. I love cream blushes because I love dewy skin.

But it's...weird. I've found the best way to pick up product is not with my finger, but literally (and I do mean literally) stabbing it with my elf small stipple brush. After a week of use it's not a pretty picture. We expect products to perform a function, but there's also an expectation that it's an enjoyable process. I think that's an aspect of makeup application. With these, I don't have the latter sensation and it makes me not as excited to use it.

I'm torn because I think it executes well, but it's a strange process and I kind of...don't like looking at it haha