April 20, 2014 | 1595 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio, Universal Looks Nude Eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hope this doesn't deter others too much from buying this product, but I didn't have a pleasant experience.

I bought this set of eyeliners when I ran out and also needed it for my prom. I had wanted to try this out for a while after seeing all the good reviews here. I loved it for my prom; it lasted all night and even after crashing at a friend's house for the night and sleeping in it, a little bit was still there in the morning (I know, bad that I slept in it! >.<). I continued to use it for the following week, but then, the worst happened. I was rushed to the doctor and after an emergency refferal from my doctor to see an opthamologist, they prescribed me medicine for my severe allergic reaction. That day, my eyes were bloodshot red. It hurt to open and close them; it felt like there were needles poking me in my tightline and waterline. It hurt so badly.

I have returned them now and don't plan on ever repurchasing them. I guess if you have sensitive eyes, then approach with caution. However, I will say that I liked the packaging, I liked the colors, and they were nicely pigmented, smooth and creamy, and long lasting eyeliners. If I hadn't had the allergic reaction, I would still be using it now.

I don't know why I had such a bad reaction to it, but in all, they were really nice eyeliners up until then. This was just my experience, but hopefully this helps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a decent set of eye liners. The black liner is a soft black. Which sometimes I like to wear. Not every day is one where I want a super dark liner. Soft definition can be great for work.

These liners glide very easily onto the lash line. These last all day on me. I've only worn these on my upper lash line, so I can't comment on how they wear on the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

This is my second time buying this trio so i wanted to do an updated review. I use the "natural" shade by the inner corners of my eyes to highlight, and I switch between the black and brown liners to finish my everyday look. I've found that these liners barely smudge (that is HUGE for me because my lids are so oily that even high end brands don't stick). These liners are pigmented but not overly dramatic. HG status for me. I will continue to repurchase and I hope they are never discontinued!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the texture and colors of these liners. I especially love the medium shade and how all of them are a bit shimmery. These actually glide on quite smoothly and last on my oily lids. But they also kind of irritate my eyes :( I don't know what it is that's in these soft and smooth and long lasting drugstore eyeliners that's making my eyes water, but I've never had that problem with the UD 24/7 pencils. I don't know if I should keep trying new ds liners or just splurge the 20 bucks on the UD OTL

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Cddam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These eyeliners are great. I apply any eyeliner to my water line (underneath the lashes). They go on so smoothly, have such staying power, and don't end up everywhere. I have never used gel liners before, but had heard that if you like them you will like these. It comes with black, a dark brown and a nude (I don't like the nude color because you can't really see it). Only wish the had a burgundy color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised with these eyeliners. I bought them as an alternative to the Clinique eyeliner I had (which smeared everywhere). They're a great price! 3 pencils for $10? YES! I was paying $15 for one pencil that only lasted a few weeks. I like the colors here a lot. I'm not a huge fan of bright or wacky colored eyeliners (on myself) and these fit the subtle, but noticeable look I am going for. They're not very shimmery so don't let the title make you think they're sparkly. For my everyday use, they stay on well. I have a desk job so I am not too active during the day. What I really like about them is that they go on smoothly and quick. Easy to smudge for a less defined line or smokey eye. Overall, great product for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hyped product. Shimmer? Where? These eyeliners are underperformers. Not better than any other eyeliner. Very disappointing. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these eyeliners. I only bought them a few days ago because I heard amazing things about the trio's champagne color. I cannot rave enough about it. First off, you get 3 eyeliners!!! Second, they can be inexpensive at times. They were on sale at my local drugstore, plus I had a coupon, so I spent under $10 for them. I like the black (it works really well) and I love the pewter color liner. I have been wearing the pewter on my lashline and champagne on my water/lowerline. It looks natural, but defining. On days I want a little more kick, I put black on the top and pewter on the bottom. Once these liner set, they do no smudge or budge all day (until YOU wash them off). They have been really friendly to my newest problem with my eyes (quite sensitive lately, due to the lack of sleep a college student has during finals week). I cannot brag enough about these products and suggest anyone who is looking for great drugstore eyeliners to try these eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have these eye pencil trios in Nude Eyes and Brown Eyes. When I got them I thought they were just "eh" but they've really grown on me and I'm now very glad to have them.
The colours are not hard hitting like the very punchy 'glide on' eyeliners that are around currently; these are more subtle, but still have plenty of pigment and are soft enough to apply easily. The result is exactly what's advertised - a discrete (but buildable) look that's great for minimalist makeup.
For example, at very short notice my friends say they are coming around... It goes something like this: "Yikes, I look rough! But it's Sunday. Who wears makeup at home on a Sunday?!?! How vain!! Oh dear, I must be vain...but I must not let on!! ;) " ... Out comes the dark brown from this set. Blends in beautifully to my lash line, darkening my eyes in an 'is she or isn't she?' kind of way. The light taupe defines my eybrows unexpectedly nicely. Who'd know? They would have to stare rudely to be sure I'm wearing makeup, but I already look so much better. Job well done.
Oh, and they don't smudge. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt think id like the lightest shade much but i was way wrong. It suits my skin tone much better than most liners ive tried. Id repurchase just for this shade. The other 2 shades are ok but i prob wont get much use out of them since their much darker. I dont like the texture much, its really waxy feeling but if it lasts through the Ms humidity than i guess it'll have to do.