Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio - Nude Eyes

4.2

on 9/28/2013 11:20:00 PM

my favorite brand of eyeliner pencils, great staying power and is water resistant. my fave color to is the 2 nude color. theyre light enough to hide mistakes u make while using them, i use black very sparingly cuz my lashlines are already naturally dark

These are my new HG eyeliners! I can't believe I've never discovered these before!!
I bought these three eyeliners in the trio; somehow, however, the deep brown one got lost, unfortunately, so I only had the black and taupe to use. And I gotta say that I am so satisfied with both of them!
First off, the packaging. These are twist top pencil eyeliners, which is great, because, no sharpening! The metallic accents on the liner packaging are gorgeous, and the taupe one has a beautiful chrome look. They each come with sharpeners on the tip.
The liners itself have the average thickness of a twist-top eyeliner, which works really well. I usually don't even sharpen them.
The colors are great; the black is a nice black, it's more of a brown-black and isn't completely black. It has little bits if glitter in it if you look closely, but it's not really noticeable once you put it on the eyes. The taupe is a beautiful silvery-taupe, with a buildable color that becomes more metallic when you build it up more. The colors stay true and do not fade at all!
Shimmer Strips glide on very smoothly; they're creamy enough to do so without tugging, yet aren't so creamy that they smudge right off. In fact, they're extremely long-wearing; I thought, through first impression, that they would fade or wear off during the day, like most eyeliners. However, they never did, which took me by surprise, especially with my oily eyelids. I was really pleased there! If you're looking for a long-wearing retractable eyeliner, this is it! I haven't tried it on the waterline, but it looks great on the lash lines.
This trio is also pretty affordable; I got the three liners for about $10 in the set. Hopefully, they will last a long time, too, and when they run out, I'm definitely buying more :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love the shimmer strips especially the silver colored one cuz it adds the perfect color to any type of outfit! I only bought these cuz of a bogo but ill definitely buy another set. I've even had these on during workouts and it has staying power 😋

on 8/19/2013 10:46:00 PM

These are very smooth liners--they glide right on with no tugging or resistance. They last a long time without smudging, transferring, or fading. Being the twist-up type, the liners have a more rounded tip that can't be sharpened so they are not really good for anything that requires precision, like cat eyes. They do work well for smokey eye looks and they do last reasonably well in the waterline as well. Overall, they are very good quality eyeliners...especially for the price. The only thing I don't love is that the "black" is not really black, but more of a dark gray and has a bit of glitter in it. The glitter isn't really that noticeable when you are wearing the liner but it is definitely in there.

on 8/18/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great product! I usually use gel eyeliner but when I am running late, I use this as it makes a clean line and lasts long. It is very soft on the skin (meaning I don't have to warm it up by blowing on it!). The colors could be darker, but I just do a few strokes over the original line. There is no shimmer in any of the 3 colors-so that is misleading. I have 12 hour days and it really last until I take it off-comes off easy with my face wash. One problem is that it flakes in tiny speckles and that can be a bother. I notice that if I rub on it, small balls/bits of liner will come off. If I don't touch it it will last all day.

on 7/22/2013 8:16:00 PM

I purchased these today and swatched them as soon as I got home and tight lined with the black color. I went the whole day, cooking, washing my hands, cleaning, etc. and these eyeliners didn't budge on my hand from the swatches. It was about $10 at Walmart and for 3 awesome eyeliners, that's a steal. Unlike most reviewers, I think I'll end up running out of the Pewter shade before anything else. PF products are a hit or miss to me, but these and the shimmer strips gel liners are the amazing and long lasting and worth the higher DS price tag.

on 5/19/2013 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I hope this doesn't deter others too much from buying this product, but I didn't have a pleasant experience.

I bought this set of eyeliners when I ran out and also needed it for my prom. I had wanted to try this out for a while after seeing all the good reviews here. I loved it for my prom; it lasted all night and even after crashing at a friend's house for the night and sleeping in it, a little bit was still there in the morning (I know, bad that I slept in it! >.<). I continued to use it for the following week, but then, the worst happened. I was rushed to the doctor and after an emergency refferal from my doctor to see an opthamologist, they prescribed me medicine for my severe allergic reaction. That day, my eyes were bloodshot red. It hurt to open and close them; it felt like there were needles poking me in my tightline and waterline. It hurt so badly.

I have returned them now and don't plan on ever repurchasing them. I guess if you have sensitive eyes, then approach with caution. However, I will say that I liked the packaging, I liked the colors, and they were nicely pigmented, smooth and creamy, and long lasting eyeliners. If I hadn't had the allergic reaction, I would still be using it now.

I don't know why I had such a bad reaction to it, but in all, they were really nice eyeliners up until then. This was just my experience, but hopefully this helps.

on 5/16/2013 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This a decent set of eye liners. The black liner is a soft black. Which sometimes I like to wear. Not every day is one where I want a super dark liner. Soft definition can be great for work.

These liners glide very easily onto the lash line. These last all day on me. I've only worn these on my upper lash line, so I can't comment on how they wear on the waterline.

on 4/16/2013 5:17:00 PM

This is my second time buying this trio so i wanted to do an updated review. I use the "natural" shade by the inner corners of my eyes to highlight, and I switch between the black and brown liners to finish my everyday look. I've found that these liners barely smudge (that is HUGE for me because my lids are so oily that even high end brands don't stick). These liners are pigmented but not overly dramatic. HG status for me. I will continue to repurchase and I hope they are never discontinued!!

on 3/7/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the texture and colors of these liners. I especially love the medium shade and how all of them are a bit shimmery. These actually glide on quite smoothly and last on my oily lids. But they also kind of irritate my eyes :( I don't know what it is that's in these soft and smooth and long lasting drugstore eyeliners that's making my eyes water, but I've never had that problem with the UD 24/7 pencils. I don't know if I should keep trying new ds liners or just splurge the 20 bucks on the UD OTL