October 25, 2014 | 973 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by amyleesat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading all the reviews, I had to add something very important...this is a chemical based SPF so it needs to go on the skin FIRST...then apply your moisturizer...not the other way around. Chemical based SPF's have to absorb into the skin to do their job and can't penetrate well enough to do that through a moisturizer. Zinc oxide is the other way around...it sits on the surface and reflects away the rays so it would be applied after a moisturizer. And if it gets near your eyes and burns, it's not the 'high amounts of alcohol' as one reviewer said...it's the chemical ingredients of the SPF itself.

20 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product everyday for three week while at the beach. It may not contain oil, but it feels very greasy. After getting back from a long walk on the beach, I checked the mirror and there was a slimy, white ring in the crease of my neck where the product had slid down my face. I realized how bad this must have appeared to the people I had a conversation with during my walk. I usually put up with a bad product until I use it up (because I hate wasting money), but this one is worse than useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could find this as cheap as I snagged it (2.50$ a piece vs 12.00$) I'd buy it all up!

Now I'm not sure if we all reviewing the same thing here. I may have a newer version of L'Oreal Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen 50+. It does not specify for the face. It's more of a tube, like normal sunscreens but way smaller at only 3.0 fl oz per tube.

This blows my normal oil free Neutrogena spf 35 out of the water. Feels much lighter, dries faster. I feel like little if anything is left on my skin with sublime sun. It really makes my skin feel good. Very glad I picked up two tubes on a blind buy. I think I'll save it mostly for face due to price. Careful around the eyes! Most high SPF seriously burns if it gets into your peepers.

The only thing is the price is ridiuclous. L'Oreal(if you're reading) if one store can sell it for 2.50$ for the EXACT same thing in other stores at 12$ a piece YOU'RE PRICE GOUGING. There's really no argument there. That's exactly what's happening. Lower the price and you'll make even more money because more normal people will be able to actually afford the product.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was greasy & caused breakouts so I had to discontinue use of it. There are much better sunscreens out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Rainy917

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I hate to rain on the love fest for this sunscreen, but I totally hated it. First off if you have dry skin don't even bother trying this product, it just dries it out even more and accentuates the flaws on your face. I have been using La Roche Posay anthelios W 30 SPF gel for months now and I LOVE it, but it cost $25 plus shipping so I wanted to try something else, so I bought the Sublime ss. I put this sunscreen on my face once and broke out immediately,I'm assuming its because of the silicone used in the formula. Aside from that, it burnt my face and eyes really badly, I'm guessing because of the massive amounts of alcohol used in it...ugh! Needless to say I'll be sticking with then La Roche Posay it's HG for me!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by curlykat

Oh how I'm so very happy to have found this product! I'm always on the search for a great sunscreen and I tend to use the physical over chemical as I usually break out. NO breakouts with this product after a week and I'm usually affected within 24 hrs.

I've used it for over a week and at Disney where the sun was blazing. I echo pretty much what all of the good reviews have said.

The Good:
    1) It's smooth as silk. My skin glows all day but it's NOT shiny. It does definitely have a primer feel to it. I have combination skin and I find I have to use moisturizer underneath my eyes and forehead otherwise it's too drying but it's not a problem at all.

2) Dries instantly. You have time to blend but there is no waiting for it to sink in before applying makeup. NO white cast and NO shine at all. Just a little dab does the trick.

3) Excellent coverage. I burnt part of my shoulder and back but my face was not affected at all. And that's with not reapplying during the day.

The Not so Good:

1) Product is a pain to apply. The liquidity is annoying but doable. I'd rather the product work excellent - which it does and have the application be a pain than the other way around.

2) Bottle is small. Because you only need a quarter sized amount it will probably last a while but for $10 the size should be bigger. Again at least it works beautifully and I'll take this con.

3) Product tends to pool outside the tip even after you screw the top tight.

Here are my tips.

- Use moisturizer if you have dry/comb skin
    - if you're out on the beach or at a park, put one application on and then immediately a 2nd of the same amount right on top. This is enough to prevent you from getting red/burnt. This is what I did at Disney. For most days in the office, one application in the AM is fine.

I absolutely love it and have been complimented on my skin since I began using it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an ok SPF. It does leave a GREASY film on the face, which feels gross and slimy during the day. It definitely does not leave a matte/dry to the touch finish which is what I look for in a good face sunscreen. The neutrogena spf 70 liquid is better and leaves a matte finish.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was ok. Felt kind of greasy on my face. Not a fan, but the bottom line is I broke out terribly!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Whoo Hooo! Oily skin girls can rejoice! The prefect sunscreen for those with oily skin! This product is phenomenal. This goes on super liquid-y but dries matte and really helps your makeup stay on all day. While this is a chemical sunscreen, which i ultimately don't prefer over zinc oxide. I don't find that it burns my eyes like a lot of other sunscreens do. It also doesn't have an overpowering scent, as most chemical sunscreens do. The bottle is quite small and you don't get a great amount of product for the price, especially considering that you're meant to use it every single day, and perhaps even multiple times a day. I don't think that issue would deter me from purchasing it again though. It has just been wonderful to implement into my new daily routine. I have even stopped using a primer because i find this holds my makeup so well, which means, if you have dry skin you might want to make sure you moisturize extra before applying this.

Pros:
    Mattifying
    No harsh smell
    Doesn't burn skin or eyes
    Doesn't break me out
    Not oily
    No white cast
    Protects well (went to an all day event, and forgot to use sunscreen on body, everywhere was burnt except my face)

Cons:
    Chemical sunscreen
    Small bottle for price
    Kind of hard to get used to applying because it's so liquidy

Overall I'd really recommend this to those in the market for a new sunscreen. I will keep repurchasing until I find a non chemical sunscreen that works just as well.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best sunscreens I've ever used. I've been using La Roche Posay for years but I was never happy at how heavy they all felt. This however is the only high SPF sunscreen I've ever used that didn't feel heavy on my skin or feel like I was wearing a mask. This is super light & blends in perfectly, you don't feel it at all- which almost gives it a HG status for me. The only slight downside is that if I don't wear a good moisturizer underneath, it can a be a bit drying but so far this is the best sunscreen I've ever tried. If you need a high SPF that feels like you're wearing nothing at all, this is a must.