April 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I live in an area where the temps go as low as below zero in the winter, the heat indoors makes the environment very dry and this is one of my favorite wintertime products. I have many foundations, CC and BB creams, etc. and I tend to wear what I want based on my mood or the weather. When the temps turn cooler and I'm in dry, heated buildings much of the day this is the best foundation for my skin. It has the right amount of moisture to keep my skin hydrated and healthy looking without making it look oily. It's a lightweight creamy liquid but it gives great coverage where I need it and smooths out nicely where I want sheer coverage. I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription yesterday and I was going to grab a new bottle. The regular price is a whopping $16.50 which is high for a drugstore foundation but I'd pay it if I had to. Luckily I always wait for a sale or use coupons. This week all CG products are buy one, get one for 50% off and I have a $3 off coupon for the foundation and a $1 off coupon for something else. I love the Flamed Out mascara so I'll probably grab an extra one to put in my makeup closet. This foundation is great for anyone with mature or dry skin, lives in a cold/dry climate or wants more coverage than a BB/CC cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like that this comes in a pump. Good coverage. Feels a little slick when it first goes on, but dries quickly and then doesn't feel like you are wearing makeup. Not really expecting the "serum" to do that much - just want a little more moisture mixed in with color correction for winter months when my skin is a bit drier. Smells sort of floral/chemical when first applying it, but scent fades very quickly which is good or else I would be turned off by it if it actually did linger. For a drugstore foundation, it certainly isn't the cheap. But with some coupons and a sale price, I might consider repurchasing it again as it's more hydrating and certainly cheaper than the BareMinerals I would normally wear if my skin wasn't getting drier with the winter weather.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This made my lines and pores look worse than without it. Too bad because the color was excellent.

Pros:
Great color match
Fantastic packaging/pump

Cons:
Drying
Made lines and pores look worse
Need to work fast, drys quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by dibo

I have been using this for a few years now. Great for dry and mature skin. Does not show pores or lines. Plus it has a moisturizer in it but it is not greasy and does not make your face shiny...Great product..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I've been looking for something that hydrates my skin without making me greasy. And something that looks and feels like skin. And something that doesn't break me out. Enter CG Olay Tone Rehab foundation. This stuff is truly amazing. it is a very lightweight formula, but gives medium to heavy coverage with one layer. I found that it easily covered up my fresh acne scars and existing acne with ease. Just minor spot concealing needed afterwards. I also did not have to use any primer underneath this and it lasted longer than any other liquid foundation i've used (with primer). Gives my skin that "just skin" look without feeling like I have a full face of makeup on. Doesn't make me greasy at all, even though I thought this was marketed towards those with a drier skin type. I wear buff beige and it's a great match for NC25/30. No oxizidation either. My only complaint is that it clings to every little dry patch on my face, worse than any other foundation I've used. And for being so hydrating, it's surprising that this is happening, so I highly recommend exfoliating well if you don't already have extremely smooth skin. Other than that I give it an A+!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by char56

I have never written a review on Makeupalley, however I have been reading them for years in search of my HG foundation, among other things. Oh my goodness...this product, I knew I had to post.
I have insanely difficult skin to cover with make up. It is slightly acne prone, but what I struggle with is my dry, persistently flaky parts (chin, sides of nose, forehead...basically everywhere) and very large pores. Usually make up accentuates these issues, even if I moisturize excessively before hand. I also have extremely sensitive skin, so whenever my skin becomes reactive (a lot), it becomes extremely red in places. In addition to these things, I have a couple of dark spots that I have difficulty covering/even when I do cover them adequately they usually reappear half way through the day.
This foundation changed all of this completely. Upon buying it I tried it almost immediately and it was AMAZING. I was in shock. I did a half hazard application, yet it still managed to somehow hide my dryer areas exceptionally well without highlighting them even further. Its coverage is amaaazing, completely masking my redness and scars while still looking dewy and natural.
I have never used a foundation like this and I have tried a TON of foundations. From drugstore to high end, I have never seen these results and with such ease of application.
Thanks Covergirl/Olay! Five lippies!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by spatterson1

I hate it. I wanted to like it, but frankly I don't see how anyone does. It smells weird, but I can get past that. It is TOO THICK, but you don't realize it until you smear it on and it settles in every blessed tiny line that you have. I would not buy this again. Ever. I threw it away, because when I tried to give it to people they wouldn't take it. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by katb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

for me, i really like this foundation, my skin doesnt react to it (which is rare for me). covers well, i'd say medium coverage. goes on smooth. nondrying. color match for me is ok, not the best but for drugstore itll do and if you dont have that many flaws to cover up, its really great, i only use it on problem areas, not even my whole face so itll last me awhile. i use a sponge to apply. it is pricey though. theres also this smell to it, the "serum" i guess, not sure if the serum really even works to be honest (skin looks the same after about 3 weeks of use) but as a foundation i really like it. my HG for now. am happy with this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by appollonia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this foundation several tries and it just does not work for me. I've read several reviews and it seems it works best for fair skin. I have more of a medium complexion. I have some light freckling on my cheeks and nose and this did not cover them. While it's possible i simply bought the wrong shade (too dark) this made my face look dirty. My face looked orange and the color was patchy. When i applied bronzer it just got worse. The bronzer wouldn't blend as easily as with my regular creme foundation. I should mention that i love the simply ageless also by covergirl and olay. I also felt it got darker and more orange as the day wore on. I couldn't wait to go home and wash my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I love this foundation more than I thought I would.. I scoured the internet for good reviews and I found a whole mix and decided to try it anyway. I don't know about the serum aspect of the foundation, but this is a really good medium buildable coverage foundation that goes on smoothly and opaquely and doesn't get cakey or blotchy. I liked the application and the fact it is buildable to full coverage is really good. I don't always luck out with colour matches to drugstore foundation but the range was surprisingly good for me and I found my perfect match. The only thing that may be off putting for people is the scent of this foundation, which to me, smells strongly of apricots! I don't mind it, and the scent doesn't linger after application, it's just during the initial product pump that it is very strong. I like this a lot, good for my combo skin and covers my breakouts and blemishes quite well. Try it if you can!