October 24, 2014 | 940 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by kimdja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely LOVE this foundation! I'm in the shade 'Golden Tan' and I am a little lighter than that color so what I do is mix it a lil bit with my face-moisturizer, and all is well. I've been using this on-and-off for about 2 years now. I rarely wear any foundation on my face because I'm trying to become all natural when it comes to foundation/bb-creams/etc. (not wearing any sort of face-make-up besides moisturizers, and acne-cream) but I still wear eye-make up. Anyways, the coverage is great, covers up any blemishes you may have, and I LOVE the smell of it as well. Definitely reminds me of the face-cream my mom used to wear when I was younger and would sneak into her room to try on her make-up, haha. Another plus, which is a HUGE one for me, is that it didn't break me out at all! Not once have I gone any blemishes or pimples using this product, and that is the very first thing that I look for in ANY sort of facial make-up. The only downside is the price, having it be $13.99 and all but honestly, it's SO worth it. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone and definitely buy again, no hesitation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by LolaStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really like this foundation! It smells lovely and it makes my skin tone look very even just as promised. It also makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. I really like the pump bottle as I can get the same amount every time and it's sanitary. If half lippies were possible I'd be giving this 4.5 as I would like it to have a bit more coverage but other than that it wins and I'll definitely be buying it again. I'd like to try the other tone rehab products too - the eye serum and powder and primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by r46404

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seemed like a nice foundation, less coverage than some other brands I used, but did the job well. I happened upon a cream foundation I had and liked the finish of it better, so I switched. Within days I realized how blotchy my tone had become and how it had been perfect when using the tone rehab foundation. So bottom line I wish it had a bit teensy bit more coverage but for how well it evens my skin tone, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Egordo9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product! The colour match is almost dead on. The smell is nice and the touch of moisture provided by the Olay is awesome. I have used almost every foundation on the market, cheap and expensive and this one is by far my favourite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I live in an area where the temps go as low as below zero in the winter, the heat indoors makes the environment very dry and this is one of my favorite wintertime products. I have many foundations, CC and BB creams, etc. and I tend to wear what I want based on my mood or the weather. When the temps turn cooler and I'm in dry, heated buildings much of the day this is the best foundation for my skin. It has the right amount of moisture to keep my skin hydrated and healthy looking without making it look oily. It's a lightweight creamy liquid but it gives great coverage where I need it and smooths out nicely where I want sheer coverage. I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription yesterday and I was going to grab a new bottle. The regular price is a whopping $16.50 which is high for a drugstore foundation but I'd pay it if I had to. Luckily I always wait for a sale or use coupons. This week all CG products are buy one, get one for 50% off and I have a $3 off coupon for the foundation and a $1 off coupon for something else. I love the Flamed Out mascara so I'll probably grab an extra one to put in my makeup closet. This foundation is great for anyone with mature or dry skin, lives in a cold/dry climate or wants more coverage than a BB/CC cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like that this comes in a pump. Good coverage. Feels a little slick when it first goes on, but dries quickly and then doesn't feel like you are wearing makeup. Not really expecting the "serum" to do that much - just want a little more moisture mixed in with color correction for winter months when my skin is a bit drier. Smells sort of floral/chemical when first applying it, but scent fades very quickly which is good or else I would be turned off by it if it actually did linger. For a drugstore foundation, it certainly isn't the cheap. But with some coupons and a sale price, I might consider repurchasing it again as it's more hydrating and certainly cheaper than the BareMinerals I would normally wear if my skin wasn't getting drier with the winter weather.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This made my lines and pores look worse than without it. Too bad because the color was excellent.

Pros:
Great color match
Fantastic packaging/pump

Cons:
Drying
Made lines and pores look worse
Need to work fast, drys quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by dibo

I have been using this for a few years now. Great for dry and mature skin. Does not show pores or lines. Plus it has a moisturizer in it but it is not greasy and does not make your face shiny...Great product..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I've been looking for something that hydrates my skin without making me greasy. And something that looks and feels like skin. And something that doesn't break me out. Enter CG Olay Tone Rehab foundation. This stuff is truly amazing. it is a very lightweight formula, but gives medium to heavy coverage with one layer. I found that it easily covered up my fresh acne scars and existing acne with ease. Just minor spot concealing needed afterwards. I also did not have to use any primer underneath this and it lasted longer than any other liquid foundation i've used (with primer). Gives my skin that "just skin" look without feeling like I have a full face of makeup on. Doesn't make me greasy at all, even though I thought this was marketed towards those with a drier skin type. I wear buff beige and it's a great match for NC25/30. No oxizidation either. My only complaint is that it clings to every little dry patch on my face, worse than any other foundation I've used. And for being so hydrating, it's surprising that this is happening, so I highly recommend exfoliating well if you don't already have extremely smooth skin. Other than that I give it an A+!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by char56

I have never written a review on Makeupalley, however I have been reading them for years in search of my HG foundation, among other things. Oh my goodness...this product, I knew I had to post.
I have insanely difficult skin to cover with make up. It is slightly acne prone, but what I struggle with is my dry, persistently flaky parts (chin, sides of nose, forehead...basically everywhere) and very large pores. Usually make up accentuates these issues, even if I moisturize excessively before hand. I also have extremely sensitive skin, so whenever my skin becomes reactive (a lot), it becomes extremely red in places. In addition to these things, I have a couple of dark spots that I have difficulty covering/even when I do cover them adequately they usually reappear half way through the day.
This foundation changed all of this completely. Upon buying it I tried it almost immediately and it was AMAZING. I was in shock. I did a half hazard application, yet it still managed to somehow hide my dryer areas exceptionally well without highlighting them even further. Its coverage is amaaazing, completely masking my redness and scars while still looking dewy and natural.
I have never used a foundation like this and I have tried a TON of foundations. From drugstore to high end, I have never seen these results and with such ease of application.
Thanks Covergirl/Olay! Five lippies!