October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bold Gold / Eternal Gold

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Medea24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ick. Online swatch pictures do not expose the glittery mess that this product produces. I was shocked to find that it is possible to get glitter fallout from a cream eye shadow! The gold base color is so sheer and the golden glitters are really all that produce a color on the lid. If you are young and can rock the sparkle, then this might be perfect for you. However, I would not recommend this color to mature ladies or anyone going for a more natural golden glow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my second Color Tattoo to try out. Gold shadow looks great on me so I just knew this would be a hit. This is a weird formula and I thought it was all dried up and had to swipe my finger several times before i felt like I was getting any product out. This has a frosty look to it and it isn't glittery but It is shimmery and has microsparkles. It does have some reflective properties and it looks metallic on. I don't like applying this with my finger as I have nails that extend past the edge of my finger tip and it is a problem getting the product out. This is hard to apply perfectly with a finger and it goes on an overall area rather than being used for a definer. I haven't tried a brush with this yet. I used this over eyelid primer and white eyeshadow base to help the color stay true and not wash out on my skin. Sadly, this color looks like dirt on me and is the first gold I've ever had that issue with so it does not work as a single shadow for me or as a base. I did use this for another look and used it to create depth in the crease and outer eyelid and it did work wonderfully for that. I had planned on returning this but gave this second look a go and it looks great so YAY for that! This stayed on all day and even though it felt sticky the first hour, it finally set and this gave me a nice natural looking eye with virtually no effort.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by cassbens

I bought this to try for the summer to avoid using powder eyeshadows. When I firrst tried it, I was not happy with it because it was more sheer than anything. It was litteraly just sparkles. It had a weird consistency. It was creamy but still felt dry. I know that i won't repurchase this product but I might try the other colors. For now I am sticking with my L'orealy Infallible eyeshadows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryyy

It says its an eyeshadow, my only issue *due to me having oily eyelids* it smears off and its supposedly "24 Hour" It lasted, just no longer than 8 hours. Other than longevity issues, it is good as a base for powder eyeshadows! I used this Bold Gold as a base for Urban Decay's "Half Baked" especially to bring out that gold color.

If you do not have oily eyelids, like my cousin, its amazing and it really does last, but because this is my review, lol, its great just didn't last me so long.

But I DO recommend buying it again, because I use it as a base.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Afoxortwo

I was never good at using powdered eye shadows, but I saw this at the store today and thought i'd give it a whirl! Cannot believe how glad I am that I did! I will never buy powdered eye shadows again, you have to use barely any on your fingers to make a bold statement. I'm going back for all the colors tomorrow!!
I am very pleased with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by adecastro

LOVE these Maybelline eye shadows. I have 3 colors so far and love them all. They last forever and the color is very intense. You can blend them with a pencil or use them by themselves. I use Bold Gold as an eye liner and it looks amazing. You really can't go wrong with how easy to apply and beautiful these eye shadows are.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by HeartsConsent

Product is very nice. I love rubbing my fingers in it. It's a shimmery color that is fairly creamy. You don't need to apply much to have an intense amount of color. I prefer applying this product with my fingers rather than a brush, though you can use both. The packaging is pretty nice. It won't break and is small enough to carry around. Yee. c:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own 3 of these including Bold Gold and I love this product. Although I own 3 lighter shades and can only speak for their color intensity, IMO they are saturated, easy to apply and last until you're ready to take them off. Budget friendly, easy to find, and great quality too. My lids are oily and I require a primer when wearing powder shadow for more than 3 plus hours and I do not require primer with this product for long lasting wear. I love cream shadows and own MAC paints and paint pots and maybelline has the same quality and lasting power of MAC with a different range of colors. If you have never used a cream shadow these are a great way to get acquainted. Highly recommended product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I've tried another Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink and I have to say I much prefer Bold Gold to that. The color on this is so opaque! It goes on amazingly well and smooth and blending out the edges is effortless. It's easy to blend and works well as an eyeshadow base as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A little too sparkly/glittery for me and doesn't apply as smoothly as Bad to the Bronze or Barely Branded. Color is very pretty though and I can get opaque coverage with one swipe. I like to wear it alone and it really makes my blue eyes pop. Unfortunately these dry out a lot faster than MAC paint pots and application becomes quite a pain once that starts to happen - lots of annoying glitter fallout and even patchier application. I love the color though and price, but I think I'll try to find something similar in a different brand rather than repurchasing this every time it starts to dry out.