July 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by habana

I've tried 3 different lip butters and this is by far my favorite shade. It's a nice sheer berry shade, perfect for fall and winter. It's been my go to lipstick since I bought it last week. The formula is moisturizing. I do have to reapply throughout the day, but I don't mind at all. I love this color on me. I will repurchase this shade when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this along with Red Velvet, and I thought that this color would be a darker plum shade to wear for the fall and winter. When I tried it, it was pretty sheer and lighter in color that I thought it would be, and even though that wasn't exactly what I was looking for, I am still happy that I bought this. The color is very similar to the shade of my lips, so it enhances the color of them and gives them that "my lips but better" look. Considering how sheer it is, I think it would give pretty much everyone, no matter what skin tone, the mlbb look.

The formula of the Revlon Lip Butters is amazing. It's very creamy, but not so creamy that it feels slippery. It is really easy to swipe on right from the tube without it going outside of the lines of your lips. I find that I have to reapply this more often than the darker Red Velvet color I got, but I don't mind. SInce I normally go for darker lip colors, I gave this four out of five because I wish it was true to the color in the tube and more pigmented. I probably wouldn't buy this again, only because I have so many mlbb lip colors....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

A really nice consistency for a drugstore lipstick! Creamy but not as creamy as Clinique Butter Shine, which I was hoping for a dupe of. This is still a great buy. I got it on Amazon for around $6. The Sugar Plum color works with my skin tone pretty well, although it isn't as deep of a berry as I thought it was when purchasing. More pink than purple undertones, but still a cool color. The color doesn't run and absorbs well. I still need chapstick at the end of the night, but in general, it was worked really well for my needs. I put it on around 11am to teach until 5pm and the color stays on and absorbs into my lips evenly. Sometimes I layer it on top of Revlon's Color Suede in Supermodel (another favorite stay-put) and that provides some more depth to my small thin lips.

I will buy this again! I keep one in my purse for touch ups. I do like how moisturizing it is, and how it is MLBB. Very very good for a drugstore product! Moisturizing lipsticks are hard to make!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not as pigmented as some of the Lip Butters but I really like this as a MLBB balm. It's like those Fresh Rose balms but much cheaper. Smells and tastes nice, great texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I own 4 of these so I do like them a lot this one is ver similar to Berry Smoothie but I like this one better for Fall/Winter because it's a really nice plum that goes well on my cool toned skin. It's also more pigmented on my lips. It's like an MLBB but darker and perfect for my complexion. I'm an NW15 tops green eyes and blonde hair so this shade works well with my pale skin. It's super soft and buttery and lasts longer than Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait and about the same as Pink Truffle which is my ultimate fav of all of them.
Looks great with a purple smokey eye look that I did and with Benefits Rockateur blush it looked awesome! This is a great colour for Fall and I am very glad I got it because it doesn't dry my lips at all! Though everyone is different. So what is lovely for me might not be someone else. All in all it's a good product imho.

With the name lip butter though it does feel nice on my lips and to me is very moisturizing while it's on. I have to reapply after eating but no biggie otherwise it lasts pretty well. I enjoy reapplying because I like to keep my colour fresh, but it goes the distance out of most butters when you can't put it on. This and Pink Truffle to me are 2 Fall/Winter colours to get. I just need Candy Apple for the Holidays and I'll be complete lol;)

So if you haven't tried these yet this is a great for pale and cool skin tones on darker tones it would probably be a MLBB shade depending on the tone of your lips. It's a good one so give it a shot. Definitely Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought into the hype and picked up a few of the famed Lip Butters. Being pale and on the cooler side of neutral, I decided Sugar Plum would be an appropriate color choice.

And it is! It's a beautiful mauve-y berry color, perfect for daytime. The lipstick (such that it is) deposits a surprising amount of pigment, and the formula smoothly glides on for easy, fool-proof application.

If my experiences stopped right there, I'd be supremely happy with this product and writing a four or five-star review. However...

I find this lipstick incredibly and paradoxically drying. As the day wears on, I can FEEL the moisture being sucked right out of my lips, and by day's end, my lips are chapped and raw (!). In the dead of summer (!!).

The crazy thing is that my lips are NOT high-maintenance. I never supplement with balms or scrubs and the like because I've never before really had a need for them. (In fact, in those rare times when my lips ARE dry, I've always gravitated to MAC Lipglasses or UD's Lip Junkies, which always seem to heal/soothe whatever's going on. Weird, right?) So to have this kind of experience with such an emollient lipstick is...really disappointing. Sad panda.

In short, I would say: if your lips are generally dry, or if moisture is a big deal for you, proceed with caution.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by quicksilverz

This is the perfect everyday lipstick for me. The color is great for my cool-toned complexion. I love the look of lipgloss, but was looking for something a little more professional for the office. My problem with lipstick is that it can look a little too obvious on me without blotting, and I am not too skilled at applying it without a mirror. I can apply this easily without a mirror, it looks great, and no need for blotting. It essentially creates the look of blotted lipstick with a lip balm over it - without the multiple steps. This will be a staple for me going forward.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by mintygreen02

pros- balanced amount of moisture
nice pigmented colors
nice packaging
non sticky
non expensive
goes on smoothly
reminds me of a chapstick but more sophisticated :)

cons- nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by elisemaycooper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely loving this product and colour!! This lip butter is fantastic if you want more of an everyday look without looking overly made up. Yes, maybe they don't last particularly long on the lips as some full on lipsticks but as a lip butter I think that is to be expected. It gives a slightly glossy look without looking or feeling sticky. It is an awesome plummy colour that is great with any look. I have pale, cool toned skin and this colour is fantastic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite color from the lip butters, it looks great with my skin tone. The formula is amazing, I even got my sister addicted to it. A very cute color.