December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Stellababe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE. The perfect MLBB. I'd tried a handful of colors - from Pink Truffle (read too neutral/brown on my cool skin) to Berry Smoothie (just okay - a little bright), and finally landed on the winner. Sugar Plum is just right - just enough pink, and not too much purple/red. Somehow manages to provide color without being under or overwhelming.

Very happy to have found it, and now hope the color stays in the collection for a loooooong time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sugar plum is a great light (obviously plummy) color. I actually keep it in my purse because I know if I want a little pop of color that still feel comfortable with any color this is a go to for me. It's funny because I'm actually the hugest mauve fan, and while I've never owned a plum lipstick before this is oddly effortless for me to wear. I think this plum color might teeter into a rosey/mauve territory for me. The name plum is a little misleading. It's glittery but not overty though, just a soft shimmer. Moisturizes great and so easy to wear, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by alwayshine14

I think Sugar Plum is my favourite Revlon Lip Butter out of the 4 that I own. It's perfect for younger girls who want a deep lip colour but don't want it to be too overpowering. I love wearing it to sheer out a dark lip liner because it adds the perfect tint & glossiness. It automatically makes your makeup look more put together and its just great. I always find Lip Butters on sale for like 5$ so pick this up & try it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

This lippie is just altogether TOO gorgeous! It's one of the more "natural" looking Revlon Color Burst lip butter colors. On me it's a beautiful plummy berry color and it's on the sheer side so you can layer it for a more intense look. It's very moisturizing too, I apply it directly to my lips but sometimes I use a lip balm underneath like Burt's Bees Refreshing Grapefruit. One of my favorite things about this lip color is that it doesn't seem to really have much of a smell to it which is great because unless I apply a fruity or minty lip gloss, I'm really not very interested in my makeup having any scent to it. Overall this is a lovely addition to my lip product collection and I use it on a regular basis. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lip butter is extremely creamy and moisturizing. I think of it as a highly pigmented balm--it's last moisturizing. The color is a beautiful MLBB plummy pink that is very similar to MAC's Syrup. The packaging is cute--a frosted quilted design that is close to the lip color. My one and only complaint is that I wish the bullet was smaller for more precise application. I've already purchased a 2nd one to have in case they ever discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so glad I got this. It is a MLBB on me, and plumy if i really layer it on. Don't let the
plum" scare you, it's very natural looking. No shimmer really. Feels like lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by KatieP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this lipstick everyday for the past few weeks. I tend to stay away from lipstick in general because it's so drying but I can apply this even without putting on a balm first and I don't get that awful drying effect :) The color is a perfect light berry. It's definitely a "my lips but better" shade like other reviewers have mentioned. I enjoy this as much as the Clinique butter shine lipstick and appreciate that there isn't any shimmer. Love the quilted case that matches the lipstick shade. Would definitely help if you had many shades. I'll definitely be repurchasing and trying different colors :) Some people might find this product too soft but I love the texture. It feels like a lip balm but gives the color intensity of a lipstick.

P.S. Nivea lip butter works well underneath for some extra moisture

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ummimtrish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this along with Red Velvet, and I thought that this color would be a darker plum shade to wear for the fall and winter. When I tried it, it was pretty sheer and lighter in color that I thought it would be, and even though that wasn't exactly what I was looking for, I am still happy that I bought this. The color is very similar to the shade of my lips, so it enhances the color of them and gives them that "my lips but better" look. Considering how sheer it is, I think it would give pretty much everyone, no matter what skin tone, the mlbb look.

The formula of the Revlon Lip Butters is amazing. It's very creamy, but not so creamy that it feels slippery. It is really easy to swipe on right from the tube without it going outside of the lines of your lips. I find that I have to reapply this more often than the darker Red Velvet color I got, but I don't mind. SInce I normally go for darker lip colors, I gave this four out of five because I wish it was true to the color in the tube and more pigmented. I probably wouldn't buy this again, only because I have so many mlbb lip colors....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

A really nice consistency for a drugstore lipstick! Creamy but not as creamy as Clinique Butter Shine, which I was hoping for a dupe of. This is still a great buy. I got it on Amazon for around $6. The Sugar Plum color works with my skin tone pretty well, although it isn't as deep of a berry as I thought it was when purchasing. More pink than purple undertones, but still a cool color. The color doesn't run and absorbs well. I still need chapstick at the end of the night, but in general, it was worked really well for my needs. I put it on around 11am to teach until 5pm and the color stays on and absorbs into my lips evenly. Sometimes I layer it on top of Revlon's Color Suede in Supermodel (another favorite stay-put) and that provides some more depth to my small thin lips.

I will buy this again! I keep one in my purse for touch ups. I do like how moisturizing it is, and how it is MLBB. Very very good for a drugstore product! Moisturizing lipsticks are hard to make!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not as pigmented as some of the Lip Butters but I really like this as a MLBB balm. It's like those Fresh Rose balms but much cheaper. Smells and tastes nice, great texture.