November 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Platinum Blow-Dry Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by goldee

I wish there were a sixth star I could give this product, because every other product I've given five stars to doesn't hold a candle to this. This spray is truly miraculous. I used it on my hair twice. I have medium thick hair (but thin strands) that always needs a final run through with my CHI to make it look slick (I live in a hot, humid climate that wreaks havoc on hair). I used this twice on my hair. The first time I used it after washing with my usual shampoo and a light, rinse-out conditioner that doesn't condition very well. I only used four sprays, as my hair is only shoulder length and immediately felt my hair soften. I blow-dried it as usual and found I needed no straightening iron. My hair looked like I just walked out of the salon. It was soft and, because I did not use the iron, a bit thicker. Another time I used it on shampooed hair and finger dried with a blow-dryer. My hair looked as if I had sectioned it and blown it dry with a brush. It was soft and completely frizz-free. The real test, however, was my teenage daughter's thick, frizzy voluminous hair. It is a nightmare to style: she won't leave the house without ironing every last strand. I sprayed her hair after towel drying it, but I didn't expect much, as her hair is so frizzy and thick. In the morning her hair was frizz-free except on the top front where I didn't put any product. It was even shiny!!! This is the ONLY product that has worked on her hair! She even went out without ironing it! I hope Kenra never discontinues this, as it has become a need, not a want. Truly miraculous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am using the ulta lightweight spray. This is salon hair in a bottle. Magic. I have tried everything over the years to get frizz free silky shiny looking hair and my home blowouts never looked or lasted as long as the salon ones. My stylist recommended this as this is what she uses in her own salon. Indeed, my hair is silky, shiny and looks professionally done. Makeup and nails I am skilled with, hair I am not, but this gave me the hair I always wanted from my own two hands. It smells nice light and tropical and brings to mind sunshine and beaches and this is what Malibu Barbie would use. I love this!!! I have fine hair that is easily overwhelmed and weighed down by products and this was like magic. This is worth 10 lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by lizzyko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to even say it out loud, but this actually works. After years of failed products, some OK, but none life changing, this stuff is it. After just a finger comb blow dry, my lightly wavy, fairly frizzy hair, was straight and frizz free. Like better than the rare occasion I flat iron. Didn't significantly cut dry time, maybe a couple minutes, but the result is really all I care about. It is summer here in Seattle, so I can't yet evaluate how it holds up in drizzle, but I will try to remember to report back. Right now I am pinching myself , hard to believe something has actually worked for me-I am usually that one person who complains about everything.
Smells like pineapple, it is obviously full of silicones, VERY viscous, go easy if you have thin hair. Also makes my 10 year old daughter's EXTREMELY thick hair, super easy to brush. She wants me to go buy every bottle I can get my hands on, and I just might.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

I absolutley love this product. I am very iffy about putting sprays onto my hair because regardless of what they say... they can and sometimes do make your hair oily. This product does NOT weigh hair down at all. i towell dry my hair, spray this evenly all over and then blow dry as usual. I blow dry and flat iron my hair daily, so a product that cuts down on dry time means less heat damage for my hair. The only downfall is the price... Kenra is a top of the line brand in hair care, but it comes with a price tag. I think its well worth the money if you use a lot of heat on your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

My stylist uses this on me and I got some at her suggestion. I have been using it for about a year and a half and I love it! My hair looks shiny and smooth, and the scent is so yummy. I've just bought my second bottle. I have only used it when my hair is wet before blow drying but I'm seeing other reviews on here and I'm going to start lightly spraying before I flat iron to protect. Also, I have fine hair and don't notice that this weighs it down at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ceeceedrew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My stylist had been using this on my hair over the last year, I finally took a look at the bottle and after talking to her about it, decided to try it out.

I am not a willing blow dryer. I use all sorts of dry shampoos and shower caps so that I only blow dry every 2-3 days. I hate it, and I'm not good at it. Until now.

A couple sprays (seriously, there is a such thing as too much of a good thing, so don't spray a lot) and my hair is sleek and dries soft, shiny and bouncy. Not as fancy as my stylist, but a swings sassy tossable head of hair. I think there's a slight reduction in dry time,

I have noticed that I have to shampoo a little more often, as my hair looks a little dirty at the roots on the second day. I've recently switched from a clarifying shampoo to a cream based, so this could be that, but I really think I use a titch too much spray.

Since this has made up for my lack of skills in a blowout, I am now happy to use it every time. The product is pricy, but will last a huge long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is HG for me (for reference I have slightly wavy, very fine shoulder length hilighted hair that tangles easily). I only need 3-4 sprays for my entire head and I swear this cuts my blow-drying time in HALF and my hair looks better than any other styling product I have ever tried (and I've tried a lot of them in the past)!!

I actually found this by chance with an Ulta free gift for level #4 and just decided to try this for traveling since it has a cap on the spray nozzle. Well, now I LOVE IT so much and even though it's only 3.4 oz bottle, it has lasted me 6 months and there's still at least half a bottle left. You don't need much to get results, so for me, I will pay full-price next time when I need to repurshase...unless I can score another Ulta rewards level 4 ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Chelsalicious

Smells coco-nutty :) protects good too !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure this product caused my hair to break off. I got this in a sample size from Beauty Brands and I certainly do have breakage now. I mainly notice it on the crown of my head, which is where I sprayed this on. I thought I had thrown it in the trash, but I had to write a review since anything that breaks my hair off is cause for a bad review. It's possible it could have been another product, but I haven't noticed this problem with any other of the products I use and I haven't noticed it since I promptly quit using it. If anyone else has this same problem, I'd love to know about it. I initially liked this spray, but I am interested to know if anyone else has had the same issues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

As I started to use this, I was worried. It seemed oily going on, kind of like their shine spray, which makes my hair very limp. But it really worked out well. It makes my hair very smooth and shiny when I am done blow-drying,and it does seem to offer great protection from the heat. My hair is downright silky when I use this. I do think if you have very fine or thin hair this might not work out for you. It is on the pricey side, but I think it is worth it. I think a bottle of it will last quite a while.