Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 4/14/2015 8:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Much to my surprise, I have found myself repurchasing this again and again. I use the Fair as a concealer, and Brightener as a highlighter and touch up. I first tried it on a whim, because I've been looking for the perfect concealer all my adult life--- you know, the one that will cover dark circles, eye bags, and wrinkles magically without being seen.......well, Age Rewind isn't perfect, I don't think any concealer out there is, but for my skin, it's pretty darn good. I am 53, NW15, dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles, and some oiliness thrown in for fun. This concealer goes on smooth, and dries quickly, so be prepared to blend fast. Matte finish, but not dry, minimal settling into fine lines. I always keep one in my purse.

on 4/13/2015 3:25:00 PM

Pros:
convenient packaging
good coverage
does not break me out
can be used all over face, not just under eyes

cons:
may highlight dry areas

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A long time ago, I purchased this in a darker shade for the purpose as my primary concealer and I didn't care for it. It wasn't enough coverage. I recently purchased the shade "Light" for highlighting and it is truly a game changer in my makeup routine. After watching many you tubers along with the popular Nicole Guerriero use this in Light as their highlighting product, I had to get this and try it out. I never really cared for any type of highlighter rather it be powder, liquid or cream. Many products specifically made for highlighting has shimmer or glitter in them and that can look bad on my skin type. Using the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer in Light brightens up my face but it isn't so light in color and heavy in coverage where it will look odd. I'm currently about NC37 and Light works great for a highlight. I also love that it is very creamy and hydrating yet it doesn't crease or look greasy.

Face Routine using Maybelline Age Rewind concealer as a highlight:
1. Correct under eyes w/ yellow corrector
2. Apply foundation all over face
3. Apply concealer under eyes
4. Contour w/ a cream bronzer
5. Using Maybelline Age Rewind concealer in Light. I highlight down my nose, middle of forehead and two upside down triangles under my eyes. Blend with the Real Techniques Contouring Brush.
6. Set with powder

on 4/12/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't love the sponge, as it doesn't seems unhygienic , but the same could be said about those click pens or even doe foot applicators if you think about it. The doe foot goes right back in the tube so that could be the worst. Yet most people like them. It works and applies easily to the eye area. I like that they have a yellow and pink to color correct and regular colors. I have so many concealers ,as Idark circles and redness.. None are perfect. This has good pigment level. It can cake but doesn't if you don't over do it. Many use it under foundation or another concealer, as corrector/brightener. I have used it over too. It's not overly thick. it's liquid and dries fast. . It is meant for under the eyes, but it is good for anywhere. Nothing too different, but it's not a cream or wax. It's a bit more pigmented and than your typical liquid concealer and maybe thinner textture. It's not creamy at all. I am pale so these yellow and pink work on me. If you are darker toned, the correcting shades could look chalky, but they have a number or shade options. Nothing more to say about it.

on 4/12/2015 4:45:00 PM

Great drug store concealer, like the smell and constancy, doesn't crease or cake but the shade light (lightest one you can get in uk) does seem a little orange on my pale skin but when blender looks fine! Love the price, deffo a great substitute for high end brands.

on 4/9/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Works great & great price

on 4/6/2015 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I know it says age rewind as I am only young, but this is the best concealer I've ever owned! But it it does the job so well! Covering dark circles is what it is best for!

on 4/6/2015 6:44:00 AM

Pros:
- great coverage
- blend-able
- price is reasonable
- didn't break me out

Cons:
- product doesn't set fast, feels tacky even after a while
- applicator is unhygienic but nbd

Overall, a little above average product. Would totally repurchase bc the coverage is really nice,
but I'm stopping myself bc I can't stand how long it takes to set. I have to set this a few times with powder before I leave the house with this on.

I've been using this for a while for dark circles. I am not so much a fan of the sponge applicator. I pump the product up and dip a small concealer brush into it and dab on my under eyes. I find this product good at covering dark circles but I find it can be a bit cakey and settles into patches if not blended well. It wasn't until a tried another concealer I realized that the consistency of this is very thick (if you swipe it on your hand next to other concealers). However, I guess that's why it is good at covering dark circles. I will continue to alternate using this but have recently found one just as good.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is the concealer I've repurchased the most!! (4-5x) Inexpensive and easy to find (any drugstore ), it is medium coverage and creamy, not runny at all which is awesome. The medium shade matches my skin so I use it to conceal face blemishes & as a color corrector under my eyes. I use the light shade on top of the medium shade for highlighting under my eyes. This combo works well. It does burn slightly upon application but the burning doesn't last long. When setting with a powder (I use Ben Nye Banana), it lasts a solid 6-7 hours before wearing away. I know some people have an issue with the sponge-tip applicator but it has never caused breakouts etc and I like the applicator because of the convenience. If you are looking for a concealer, I highly recommend this!

Video Reviews & Tutorials