Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 7/23/2015 2:55:00 PM

Everybody and their mother seems to love this concealer so I bought since it is really inexpensive. At first I tried the color Medium but it looks too orange on me (I'm like a NC30) so purchased the color Light. I figured it would be a good concealer/highlighter. The thing is it looks so weird!
I have combination skin but the skin under my eyes, I have noticed, is kind of dry and this concealer looks really cakey on me. I only like it when I use it with a beauty blender but ain't nobody got time for that!
So, yeah, I don't know if I would repurchase...It's not like I hate it, I can make it work, but I certainly don't understand the hype.

on 7/22/2015 11:52:00 PM

I was obsessed with this product in the shade brightened for the longest time. Not only did it conceal my dark circles and brighten my under eye area, I used it as a highlighter in general. Being so fair it is hard to find a product that's lighter than my skin tone when I contour which can be frustrating. (I'm so fair that I've used NYX jumbo pencil in milk as a highlighter on my nose before)/ This is the only product I've found that gives my face a natural looking highlight. The only problem I have with this product, besides occasional creasing under my eyes, is the packaging. The sponge set up allows you to be precise with application but more than once the twisting mechanism on the bottom has broken on me. Atleast twice I've had an almost full product that wouldn't twist up. The last time this happened I was so frustrated that I vowed to not buy it again but I still can't find a product that highlights better than this one :/

on 7/18/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing for concealing the eyes. When using a shade lighter than my natural tone, it really brightens and lifts the eyes and definitely lives up to its "age rewind" affect it gives. The color of this I feel is very natural looking and brightening, and it is really liquid so it goes on smooth, dries smooth, doesn't crease, and stays put all day. It's a very good concealer for adding any brightness to parts of the face you want to subtly highlight like the eyes, center of the nose, around the mouth, etc. The spongy-like applicator is also very good for putting the product evenly on the skin, whether you're streaking it below the eyes or dabbing it on the eyes or face; This applicator makes it easier to blend in the product when using a finger, brush, or sponge. Super blendable, super brightening, super smooth and long lasting. A beautiful, affordable eye concealing concealer. Also a side note I have subtle darkness under my eyes but it isn't very predominant, so I rate this only four lipsticks because I don't know how well this could conceal someone with more predominant dark circles. So if you do have more darkness I'd still check this out and try it because it has a good coverage.

on 7/18/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading reviews saying ' this is a great product and its amazing'. Well, for me this product its just unsuitable. Then I wore this product it looked like I put a white veil in front on my dark circles. It really brings out a weird colour under my eyes.

on 7/17/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. I bought it because it's always raved about on Youtube in the beauty community, I had to see what the hype was about! I purchased the color "Brightener" and it is a light peachy concealer. The only thing I don't like about this product is it rubs off very easily even when you have set it with a powder and are wearing a primer.

on 7/17/2015 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have purchased this concealer in Fair, Light, and Neutralizer. I am currently using Neutralizer. The formula works for me. It does slightly crease under my eyes -- but what concealer doesn't? I like using Fair under my eyes, but it's too light for my face. Light is good for my face, but not bright enough under my eyes. So this is why I decided to try Neutralizer. This is yellow-toned and brightens up my eye area and any redness on my face. I like this very much and love that it isn't too heavy/thick.

on 7/15/2015 11:34:00 AM

I LOVE THIS.
This is my fave product in my entire MU box at the moment. It is super silky, glides on and easy to blend. it matches my skin perfectly. It stays put all day. I love it. But then again so does most of MUA

on 7/15/2015 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great for dry skin, does not accentuate fine lines or cling to dry patches. Not a huge fan of the packaging - the sponge seems unhygenic and hard to clean. Concealer itself is good for covering dark circles and highlighting, I have mine in the shade medium. Wish this did not contain parabens.

on 7/13/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Trust me when I say the sponge is unsanitary, it is hella unsanitary. My skin is not that easily irritated, so at first I didn't remove the sponge tip, and for a while it was fine. But after my sister borrowed this from me and used it on half a dozen of her friends, it broke me out merely hours after it touched my skin. I threw the sponge tip out immediately, and except for that isolated incident, I never had any problem with it since. Another reason why you too should toss the sponge, is that upon removal, I found it had absorbed so much product, which coagulated and stayed there, so as time went by even more product got trapped, and less could actually went through so I could use it. So save yourself the trouble, and chuck the sponge, honest advice.
Other than that, I think this is a great concealer personally. It's a bit thick, but doesn't dry too fast, it's super blendable, especially with fingers, and a little bit goes a loooong way. I only need one dot to cover my under eyes, the pores around my nose, the centre of my forehead, and if I still have some left I pat it on my lids and my purple veins there simply disappear. Besides texture (say, of a lumpy acne), it covers pretty much everything. I got it in Light/Pale, but to be honest it's still a bit pinkish for my very pronounced yellow undertone. But I don't really mind because I usually use it on small areas, plus I'm pale so I can get away with it. I don't find it cakey either, but maybe that's because I rarely use it on my dry cheeks, I use it mainly on my oily forehead and eye areas, and I don't even need to powder there. It dries to a smooth finish, I can still see and feel my skin underneath a very light layer, but so so smooth and immaculate. One tiny minus is that, I have very deep hollows that are really dark, almost seemingly bruised skin on the outer corners of both of my eyes, right under my lids (if you watch Wayne Goss you probably know what they are, he's like the only one person on Youtube that I have seen mentioned it). It creases to a line there and doesn't cover up much either, but that's has always been a problem area for me, plus this isn't entirely a color correcting concealer, so I'm not too upset about that.
Also, the twist up packaging takes forever for the product to get out, but if I twist more than 3 times, there's more product comes out than I would need. If I want to use it I always have to reach for the concealer first thing, twist it only twice, then go do my moisturiser and foundation, only about more than 5 minutes later will the product comes out. It's quite expensive as well, I blame it on the cumbersome packaging, if they had just made a simple packaging like the Fit Me, the two would have probably been similarly priced. So I'm really torn about whether if I want to repurchase. I mean to try the Fit Me one, if that one is just as good, I might change my allegiance, but if it isn't then this would become my go-to concealer, without a doubt.

on 7/7/2015 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have seen a lot of great reviews about this product by beauty blogger and Youtubers, but when I was looking online I saw that there were a lot of mixed reviews and especially here on MakeupAlley this concealer didn't receive a lot of great feedback.

I ended up buying this concealer anyway along with a two other drugstore concealers, the Rimmel Wake Me Up and the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I have been using all three concealers and I have to say the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer is my favourite one!

I have dry skin, especially my under eye area, so I need to be careful that the concealer doesn't dry out my skin even more, settle into my fine lines or accentuate and lines that I have. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer does a great job, because it is really moisturising and I love using it as an under eye concealer.

I'm not too keep on the applicator, but I blend out the concealer using the BeautyBlender sponge and it works great. This concealer gives light to medium coverage and does not crease. It's also long lasting and I don't need to worry about smudging or coming off in any way.

The only downside is that it only comes in two shades (at least in the UK), which is Light and Nude. I am currently using Light and it suits my skin perfectly.

I can highly recommend this product!

Video Reviews & Tutorials