Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.7

This concealer is awesome! Its a thin, fluid consistency that goes on really well. I like to get a lighter shade to conceal my dark circles and one that's my skin tone to hide blemishes.

I don't particularly like the applicator because the sponge probably harbors a bunch of bacteria.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I own these in the shades Light/Pale and Neutralizer. I use Neutralizer to conceal my dark circles, sides of my nose, shadows around my mouth, and acne scars while I use the Light shade for highlighting. This feels lightweight on the skin, but the coverage is medium. I prefer using a damp beauty blender instead of my fingers as I find the finish looks more natural. This does a decent job covering acne scars, but I don't like it for concealing my dark circles. The formula is too drying for my under eye area no matter how much eye cream I use underneath. The Neutralizer shade doesn't cancel out my bruise-like dark circles at all and I end up looking cakey with all the concealer layered on. The price is good, but it's not my favorite drugstore concealer.

Pros:
- decent price range
- medium coverage
- lightweight formula
- doesn't break me out
- shades lean towards yellow undertones (with the exception of Brightener)

Cons:
- sponge applicator tip seems unhygienic after use
- limited shade range
- not good for people with really dark circles
- not the best for dry skin or people with dry eye areas
- too much product can age your appearance due to the dry finish

I heard so many good things about this concealer I, naturally, had to see what all the fuss was about. I was not disappointed!
It's lightweight formula is rather thin yet covers my rather intense dark circles really well. It's the only concealer I've known to not crease, bunch up or go cakey. I set it with a loose powder and then it stays for the entire day. It's also extremely good at covering redness on the cheeks or nose, and small blemishes.

The down side to this concealer is it's packaging. Although the design is easy to use and gentle on the eye area, it's pretty unhygienic, and it sort of makes me feel a little icky whenever i use it (everyday). With my last tube i removed the sponge tip and just put some on my palette and continued with a concealer brush and it works fine, however with this tube I've stuck it out, and although the design is annoyingly convenient, i can't get past how many germs could be manifesting in the applicator (ew).
I also find it really hard to actually get my hands on the product as it's always sold out where i live.

However the product inside is good enough quality for me to look past these issues and i will continue to repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Heard great things about this product so decided to give it a try despite not have horrible dark circles. I will say that right after application, this really highlighted under my eyes nicely. It didn't cake or settle in fine lines like my other concealers have, so first impression is always wonderful.

However, by mid-day, it's patchy as anything! I've NEVER had a product do this before. Instead of a nice seamless finish like I start out with, it ends up looking heavy and disgusting on parts of my cheekbones- to the point where you can clearly see what patches are covered and where they end- which only highlights the patches of absolute NOTHING. I've continually set with a powder and setting spray and nothing has stopped it from looking gross after a few hours. I even switched up my primer to see if it was the problem, but it wasn't.

As for the packaging, is it even sanitary??? We're just expected to rub a dirty sponge on our faces every day? No thank you.

Will not purchase again.

I bought the "neutralizer" color and it was a piece of crap! Wished I had saved $ and repurchased MAC prolong wear concealer instead. Or if I wanted less coverage bought the fit-me concealer and came out ahead. I have some fine wrinkles and this stuff settled and looked terrible, ghostly, creepy, with in an hour of application. I had high hopes for this due to the great reviews of you tube makeup gurus. Yes, it brightened the area but that was for about a half hour, then it looked so fake and creased. It didn't matter if I used primer or what I used to top it. Also, the sponge is gross and the price is outrageous. My dark circles are not even that bad and this stuff made me look worse.

Great coverage but not the best I've tried. It's great to try out!

Love love love this concealer. I'm on my 3rd tube of this so far. I use this on light makeup days when I can't be bothered to use a peach corrector and heavy concealer on my dark undereyes. This provides enough coverage while still looking natural. I'm about NC20-25 and use the Neutralizer shade. Neutralizer is a nice shade for my skin tone since it's very yellow, which does a nice job of brightening under my eyes and blending into my skin. Overall I like this for it's decent amount of coverage while feeling light and looking seamless on the skin. Would definitely repurchase.

I really like this product, although it's not as high coverage as my MAC Pro Longwear concealer, it still has decent coverage and longevity. I love the sponge applicator it comes with as it makes application so simple and means the product needs less blending. I don't have very bad dark circles but I find this brightens up my under eye area well and is usually ok on any blemishes too (when set with powder).

I find that the shade Light is fine on my Fair/Medium skin however it is about the same shade as my foundation so doesn't provide as much of a 'boost' to the under eye area or allow for use as a highlighter. The colour range could definitely be an issue for very pale or dark skin tones as it only comes in two shades - adding one much lighter shade and a few darker would definitely be a good idea.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall this is a pretty good concealer . I like the product and love the system of delivery. How easy is this to use! Covers better than most but for me it is lacking in color selection. But if you go light enough and use it under makeup instead of over it works well.

Just started using this a few days ago and I love it! Although my dark circles are fairly minor compared to most people, I think this product works well. I got it in the shade light/pale and its a perfect match to my usual foundation, revlon colorstay in buff (150 is the number I believe. should also be good for nc/nw 15's although I haven't tried it with my studio fix yet). When I say it's a perfect match, I mean it's spot on, it's not lighter in shade like how some people like their under eye concealers to be, thus I use it for other areas of my face with redness as well (nose, acne). The sponge is kinda useless for me, I haven't taken it off but I still use it to apply, then I blend out with a beauty Blender. Ulta/Walgreens usually have deals on maybelline products, bogo half off or the like, regular price is about $8 I believe. Would definitely repurchase, although I have yet to compare it to my hg spot concealer from Sonia kashuk.

Video Reviews & Tutorials