Orly Androgynie

3.5

on 5/29/2012 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

OMG ooo whaa SQEEEE!!!!! I bought this off ebay without really understanding about its flakies and glitter! Its amazing...makes me feel I just put on a Tiffany necklace or something! Granted, as a newbie I can see the application is a bit tricky, but with the mixing of materials to obtain the suspension and stick and the need for the right degree of transparency to allow the glitter to glow through I reckon they have done a super job!
Only a year into full-blown nail polish fascination I am starting to think Orly is da bomb...the colours have a complex quality that lifts them out of the mundane.
PS This is a black with awesome rainbow glitter, and flakes mainly in the blue green gold spectrum.

on 4/4/2012 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My actual first glittery nail polish! ORLY's formula is FANTASTIC! It's a beautiful brown-black base with LOADS of small and chunky glitters in it. It will definitely look better with a shiny top coat IMO, since I don't put top coats.

The formula is one of the best I have tried on my nails. It just dries down so quickly and smooth! It's a perfect nail polish to glam up your night with your friends or your loved ones. This nail polish is appropriate for day too, but I prefer it to touch up my nails for the nights I go out.

Longevity: I say it's good enough because so far my nails are chipped after 1-2 weeks of wearing this nail polish on my toes and fingers.
Will definitely repurchase because it's so good!

on 1/12/2012 8:12:00 PM

OMG such low ratings on such a beautiful polish! Folks around here should know about things like np thinner & orange sticks for mixing, which is all you need to do to get some of the settled-out glitter & flakes back into suspension. This is a glossy, jellyish pure black with galactic kinds of opalescent flakes & microglitters. I just love it!

on 1/2/2012 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Sheer black jelly with micro glitter and medium sized multicolored glitter flakes. It is an amazing-looking polish. Such a knockout color. I really love it, and I bought two bottles because I anticipate using it that much. ETA-1) To solve the glitter placement problem, put the bottle upside down for about 5 minutes before use. The flakes float to the top and you can get the coverage you need in one coat. 2) I tried over black and was not that impressed with the look. Then I tried it over a sheer cream color and it was such a difference. The color looks more jelly-like and the glitter shows up much more clearly.

on 1/2/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was kind of disappointed with this polish. I really like black polish with glitter in it, but this didn't have enough spark to it. I was hoping for something that would be an alternative to my bottle of Sephora by OPI 212, but Androgynie was more sheer, a bit less sparkly and didn't have the greatest formula.

on 11/17/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this in a holiday set from Orly at Winners here in Canada. I was a bit disapointed with the color itself -- the balck is very clear, needs a good 3 coats to look decent. It did chip after 2 days but I wash my dishes without gloves, take my batch every night, etc. Removal was easy - it came off as a peeling!

It was my first NP with glitter and I must I fell in love with it. I kept looking at my nails and loved the look. I think it's adult enough (I am 28) but agree it might be better for nights out or special occasions.

Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was very excited to try this polish. It looked so multidimensional and holorgraphic-like.
I was let down. Application was messy and the formula was more runny than what I usually get with Orly.
It wasn't streaky and all the glitter very much showed through. In theory, this is a great polish but in use, it gets tiresome quickly. It has circular, chunky glitter - though not excessive but it makes it look very preteen. It just generally looked like a glitter mess.
It also chipped after three days with normal daily hand use and this was with topcoat.

Taking it off was hell, too. It was extremely stubborn and left glitter residue on my nails that nail polish remover couldn't get off. I had to scrub my nails with a cotton ball. All that glitter combined with that was like sandpaper to my nails.

I do regret buying and would only recommend wearing for a very short time. Putting it on for a night out or if you change up your nail polish often, this would be for you.