November 22, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer nude lipstick-balm-hybrid. The color is pretty nice, since it's sheer the pink in my lips still shows through a little bit. It looks ugly in the tube, but it's sheer enough to look pretty on the lips. However, it is a bit frosty giving a bit of that 90's look. The formula is ok, non-drying, but doesn't last very long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I bought a value pack of two at target at a clearance price for $6. I have pigmented lips and on me the lipstick is too sheer and it just blend with my natural color. So at the end it just looked like I applied an extra shiny lip balm. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by junipurr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Saw this on the FOTD board and thought it might work on my pigmented lips-Nope. At Nc30-35, this is just too pale for me and shows more mother-of-pearl than nude. Love the Lip Butters, though. I keep playing with this one, hoping to find a way to make it work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

This was my first Revlon lip butter, and I love them. The color is not like concealer, but it is a nude lipstick. So make sure that that is your color prior to purchase and negative reviews!!!

I am NW15 with light features and this lipstick looks great on me. It is a fairy subtle look, but makes the lips look glossy with a your-lips-but-slightly lighter shade. The moisturizing effect of these glosses is evident from use and afterwards. Works like balm to the lips.

FOR CONS- Not going to say that this is better than my high end lipstick!!!!! I mean, there is no way I can choose this formula over YSL or Chanel or Dior with a straight face. But it reminds me like a cheap knock-off of YSL Rouge Volupte. And the packaging just looks terrible with the plastic colored tops...hard to open...minimal product.

Overall, this is a great moisturizing lipstick. I like the color but it is not my favorite. It really turned me onto Revlon Lip Butters, in general. And it is the only lipstick I have finished to date. Will I repurchase? No, I have other nudes in my collection. Will I buy another Revlon Lip Butter? Yes, already checking out Cherry Tart or Red Velvet.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by pinklauren

Amazing quality, especially for the price

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Amerah

This was my first lip butter I purchased and I'm so impressed! I can wear it over my lipsticks or on it's own! It's just amazing over lipstick it gives that nice glossy finish! Even though its quite sheer it's defiantly buildable after you apply a couple of layers but it's so amazing I don't even feel the need to carry lip balm anymore!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

On my dark pink pigmented lips, this is a light neutral nude creme with a slight lightening/lip-blanking-out effect - not concealer lips by any means, but it does tone down my natural lipcolor. I find that it can be a bit streaky if not applied sparingly (or some days it just seems determined to streak regardless). I find this shade and Cotton Candy to be as moisturizing as a regular balm, unlike Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie, which are slightly shimmery and quite drying. Colorburst Lip Butters have a very slight vanilla scent mixed with the not-too-bad l/s waxiness. The packaging is pretty, but a bit difficult to open. My HG nude l/s is NYX Black Label Bling, but since this is easier to get, I reach for it on most nude lip days and save Bling for weekends/special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by humbuggery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this nude lipstick. I love it more than any of my high end nude lip products. It *is* the best. I love how its sheer and not enough to completely blank my lips out, I love how its glossy and gives the lips LIFE and I love that the shade is not too pink and not too orange. It is a fantastic muted warm beige. I am really pale and yellow toned, by the way. Its such a great nude that I get kind of angry reading all of the negative reviews. I googled this page expecting a rating of at least 4 lippies for this product, and NOPE. This truly is a fantastic nude if you're a very fair or even pale lady who enjoys sheer nudes. I look beautiful in this. My only complaints are that I wish it came with more product, and also that if I wear this on a day when my skin is exceptionally red/irritated, it doesn't look as nice.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite color of the Revlon lip butters. It is creamy and moisturizing. Does not dry out my lips. I agree with daisylonglegs review in that it has a soft sheen to it that makes my lips look plumper. This is the perfect nude color for me. I use this with Too Faced Perfect Lips liner as my everyday go-to look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"Have you had your lips plumped...?" This was the reaction from my daughter when she met me in town, wearing this swatched on my lips. I have naturally plump lips but this really enhances them. Color wise, its not too pale and is creamy with a sheen that makes lips really look fuller.
I did buy one. I adore nude shades and have most that are out there. This is lovely for summer. Sheer and very wearable. I'm blond with blue eyes and fair skin. Some nude shades wash me out but this is a great one on me.
The tube is 'Dior-esque' though I read that the top comes undone, so will make sure to keep it in the zip compartment of my bag.
It all depends on ones coloring but I would think most people could wear this and it is good to know its like a balm for lips, with a great color.