April 18, 2014 | 1978 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Instant Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Bellalove403

This mascara is amazing. It's only a dollar, and gives better results then much more costly mascaras. It doesn't clump at all. I can add layer after layer and it never clumps. It also separates my lashes so well. This is my favorite mascara, and believe me i've tried almost EVERY mascara on the market. Who would have thought my favorite would be the $1.00 one. It's just simply amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by vanessamwong

Best mascara i've ever used!! Transforms my stubby Asian lashes into beautiful long, separated, non-clumpy lashes! About $4-5 CAD but this is literally better than any high end brand ive tried. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by jekm2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Move over my beloved cheap Jordana this knocks you out of the park for a 1/3 of the already ridiculously low price. I tried this after reading the reviews and feeling frustrated with the Jordana for getting clumpy again really soon after purchasing it. I tried it on one eye with out my HG Dior Maxximizer and one eye with the Maxximer and I actually think its better without it. Then I tried it with the Instant lash on one eye and the Jordana on the other and I was astounded at the difference. I would never venture out with just the Jordana sans Maxximizer again. I have very sparse light blonde lashes and they looked crazy long and like I had a lot of them. The wand is very thin and easy to navigate around the bottom lashes, in fact I usually avoid my bottom lashes altogether because of how few of them I have but this made them look normal. It was $1 at my local Walmart.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to check out this mascara given the extremely cheap price point and the comparisons to Lancome's Definicils. (my all time favourite mascara)

This mascara's formula is more creamy and not as wet as Definicils and it does build impressive length. The thickness can be built with a few coats. It can clump if you go overboard with the coats.
I applied 3-4 coats (I have very thin, short lashes) and the end result was nice, long and defined lashes.
If money is tight, I'd use this as an alternative to Definicils.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The instructions for this mascara are as follows. Gather a dollar or two in change and proceed to the nearest store that sells NYC, such as Walmart. Purchase NYC's Instant Lash mascara, which will likely be the cheapest mascara available in the beauty aisle. Keep your expectations low. Afterall, this is a truly dirt cheap and humble product. When you at last apply this, do not be alarmed by how gorgeous your lashes look, especially if you have fine, sparse, blonde lashes like mine. For one dollar, this mascara is fabulous. It provides volume and length, but dries very quickly and can be difficult to work with if you are fond of applying several coats. Smudging is minimal. The brush can become clumpy, which is simply fixed with a quick wipe of a tissue. For the price, it can easily be replaced every couple months. Sometimes my very sensitive eyes become irritated if I wear this all day. For bolder, darker lashes without the irritation, I prefer L'Oreal Voluminous, but otherwise, it's a dollar well spent.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by carburm

I just bought this mascara for 1 dollar at Walmart and I love it so much. Just as good as the expensive ones but only a buck! Buy it!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by youngpunkk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really dig this mascara. I bought it on a whim at Walmart because I was feeling adventurous and it only cost a dollar. I am impressed! No, it's not perfect by any means, but for a freaking dollar? Pretty awesome. The formula is right in the middle in terms of consistency; not too thick and not too watery. It has a simple, straight brush which coats lashes well and easily (bottom lashes too).

It clumps a tiny bit, but nothing unbearable or tragic. It's a good 'natural' mascara that's buildable, and it's really dark. I think the simple packaging is cute, nice and slim, perfect to toss in your purse.

This mascara does flake a bit, and it makes my lashes feel crunchy once it's dry. It isn't a huge deal since I don't make a habit of touching my eyelashes, but sometimes my lashes can look a bit crispy when I wear this.

Despite that, I will definitely repurchase this bad boy, and I've already recommended it to other people.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by pink_rosies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Flaked/didn't do much for my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Personally not a fan for this $1.77 mascara. It did nothing positive for my lashes, just left them in big ugly clumps of shame. The formula was thick and kind of sticky making it impossible to coat threw my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am constantly amazed by how products so cheap can work so well..

This may not be the most volumizing mascara, but for only 1.77 CAD it defines, lengthens, and holds a curl beautifully with absolutely no smudges or flakes. My previous favourite had been l'oreal voluminous but I had to finall accept that it smudged on me when my skunk became more oily but I can put this on my lower lashes with no problems.

It comes in a Long blue tube and a very long , thin comb-like wand which grabs the lashes amazingly.

Looks great on its own and layered on top of a volumizer, plus it's easy to remove (a huge factor for me because i don't want my mascara damaging my lashes)