July 22, 2014 | 1142 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by arijana1983200417

Very good foundation if your looking for a light to medium coverage and a dewy finish. Not happy with the price,as it is really expensive. It suits people with dry to normal skin and mature skin aswell.One should really have a good skin for this foundation,cause it wont cover acne scars,dark under eye circles and such. Easy to work with and very blendable!! Shade range is more suitable for yellow toned skin,wich I have. Overall very happy with it,and will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this foundation! My HG fdtn is LP Skin Caviar, but I thought I would try other fdtns that aren't so expensive to see what was out there. When I tried this one I fell in love, this foundation is really nice, smooth and it gives me a dewy look, that perfect glow. I have dry skin so this foundation was very hydrating and moisturizing for my skin. I like that you can build it up, so if you want sheer coverage you can do that or if you want a little more coverage you can build it up and it won't look cakey at all. Depends on my mood, but I usually apply this with my beauty blender or with a foundation brush. I am on my 3rd bottle of this foundation and honestly I don't think I need to look for anything else. It is hard enough to find that perfect HG foundation and now I have two and this is one of them. It doesn't clog my pores or breaks me out, I will definitely keep buying this one! Love, love! Oh and the bottle goes a long way too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MissKris1101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation! I have dry skin and have been relentlessly searching for that dewy look in a foundation to no avail. I wore sheer glow before this which was nice but not nearly as radiant as this. That being said, this is not for oily skin, as it is extremely hydrating. It is also sheer-medium coverage so for those searching for that full coverage I wouldn't recommend. But if you have dry skin that is relatively clear, this is certainly the product for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by BarbaraVeiga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my 5th bottle of Chanel Vitalumiere in "Beige". I really love this foundation and recommend it for anyone with a tendency to dry and dehydrated skin. It gives off a beautiful dewy finish which is not shimmery in the slightest just, glowing, would be the best way to describe it.

I usually double cleanse my skin, apply pixi glow toner, a few drop of Nude oil and then a serum, then hydraluron followed by a spritz of Caudalie then my moisturizer (currently using Ren Macadamia and rose or Eve Lom) and finally my foundation! It might sound like a bit of overkill but I find that the more moisture I build up under my makeup, the longer it stays fresh and dewy. As mentioned, I do tend to have skin that veers from dry to quite dry and can otherwise soak up my makeup leaving drier patches.

The only thing which is a bit annoying is that I have found the caps to lose their grip and come off too easily when I have carried this around in my makeup bag. Also, this foundation will transfer unless you set it, which I would not recommend as you will matte out the dewy look which is honestly gorgeous. I have had so many people comment on my skin when I've been wearing this and it pairs up beautifully with highlighters.

It isn't cheap but it does last ages. I think I get around 6 months out of one bottle and this is using almost one full pump a day. I usually apply this with my fingers as it's relatively sheer and liquid.

This is definitely not a foundation for oil or maybe even combination skin and I would not recommend it for someone looking for a lot of coverage. However, if you have dry and relatively clear skin and you like the dewy/glowing finish, try this foundation, I doubt I will ever move on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I loved this. I wore this for the first time on exactly what it advertises: "tired skin" and it looked beautiful. This is illuminating but not sparkly and I thought it wore pretty well, also. 30 Cendre was perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. This foundation was soothing and hydrating to my skin. I love that it has SPF and a pump for easy dispensing. UPDATE: This doesn't really last throughout the day and starts to look cakey and greasy. I think it would be fantastic in the fall/winter when my skin changes and has a really hard time retaining moisture, but right now, it's too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On my dry skin, this looks awesome, coverage is nice and it feels very thin. I find this does oxidize on me and shade 20 turns out looking more like 30 over time. I do set it with powder as it is very dewey. I prefer this over the aqua version.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by VivienH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used Vitalumiere Aqua first (color 20) and was looking for something with a slightly warmer colour for the summer (I went for 25 Petale). Having said that it sounds pretty stupid to go for Vitalumiere for the summer as it is known to be a "dry skin foundation" but I have had some negative experience with matte foundations before so I like to stay away from those. I have normal skin, bit more dry in the winter, bit oily in the T zone in the summer. Unfortunately Vitalumiere was too oily for me. I love that it doesn't dry my skin out (some foundations do) it hydrates perfectly, the dewy glowing finish is there but it proved a tad too oily for my skin, even when set with powder afterwards. The other problem was that I found it to have too much of a coverage. As said, I have normal skin and don't need a heavy coverage but maybe there's a much bigger difference between Vitalumiere and V Aqua than I thought. I still haven't tried Vitalumiere for the winter though, maybe it will work better when my skin is much drier.

All in all, consistency is great, colours are beautiful, packaging is beautiful, stays put for 4-5 hours, this foundation is designed for dry skin and for people looking for medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went to my Chanel counter to request a sample of this before I bit the bullet and paid the $50+ for it. I still haven't bought it yet but I got a healthy sample with 5-6 uses and I love it already. I already wear Vitalumiere Aqua, which is gorgeous, but I heard this one was more hydrating and I have MASSIVELY dry and flaky skin, even in Florida humidity.

People who say they hate this foundation are 99% of the time OILY and need something like Mat Lumiere which is more suited to their skin. Why their Chanel girl wouldn't tell them this? Who knows. But for those of us who are insanely dry, this is beautiful. It keeps me more hydrated than any other base I've tried, including VA, which is counterintuitive. The finish is the cliche "dewy" but not shiny everyone wants and I don't have to powder (but if I choose to it doesn't cake). The packaging is beautiful glass which is nicer than the VA which is a cheap plastic (my only problem with a $45 chanel foundation).

I also feel that this stays on my skin better. The colors are slightly fewer (there aren't the "rose" shades, and I wear B30 in VA and B20 in this (although I can probably wear B30 in the summer), so make sure to get matched-they likely aren't the same. PS, if you're super pale, the lightest shade will likely be too dark for you. I'm NC30-35 and I only wear the 2nd or 3rd lightest color. I'm not sure how long the bottle will last seeing as I'm making myself use up my VA before I go buy it for real. But I'm certain it will be my HG, nothing else has worn on me this well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Amerah

This is a really pretty foundation, it looks quite natural, doesn't look really cakey or anything like that but the thing is for me I don't see It standing out from any other foundation that I have used...yeah it's beautiful on the skin but not the best foundation for me to re purchase:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Katatdaffwood

Having decided to have a total beauty overhall and having read so much hype about vitalumiere I decided to give it a go! What a huge disappointment - the luminous claim just made me look oily, there was very little coverage and by mid morning I needed to blot which pretty much removed any remaining traces. I have combination skin, dry cheeks and slightly oily t-zone, I always prefer a liquid foundation but found this one to be very runny (I did shake). I usually opt for light/medium coverage with wearability, sorry Chanel, you did not tick any boxes!

They say you get what you pay for but in this instance you certainly do not.