Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

3.4

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymersilica, isononyl isononanoate, isododecane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesequioxane crosspolymer, polymethyl methacrylate, lauroyl lysine, hydrolyzed soy protein, ethylhexylglycerin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, methicone, tocopheryl acetate, coconut acid, water, phenoxethanol, +/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, and carmine.

on 12/21/2013 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why or how but this works!

Weird it gets such mixed reviews.
It works for me that's for sure!!

on 9/25/2013 10:36:00 AM

I have d shade 8 golden neutral. Its just an ok prouduct. Light - medium coverage. It gives a matte finish. And it dries out fast so need to work fast in application. There s nothng i love in ds foundation. But neither did it it giv me any break out or any skin irritation. But it doesnt do anythng as a pore refiner. I can stil c my pores after application.

on 8/10/2013 11:18:00 PM

I bought this product because of its amazing reviews but don't let that fool you. Try the product first still, a mistake I made $100 later was not trying it first. I know everyone reacts differently to products but my experience was it dried out my skin and made it look very flakey when I brushed over my powder. I admit it refined my pores but it gave me another problem.

on 8/7/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a nifty little product. You only need the smallest amount. I use this over my foundation just on my nose and tops of cheeks. I can break out from many products and have had no problems with this gem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this on TOP of my bb cream/ foundation because I'm scared of it breaking me out. It seems to work pretty well at minimizing the appearance of pores and shine, but it doesn't last very long (around 2-3 hrs?) before I need to blot or use it again. For the price I kinda wish it would work better but I don't want to switch to another brand since this one doesn't break me out.

Helps to keep my T Zone matte, fills in pores, just gorgeous! I just wish they came in bigger tubes. Yes, I am partial as I work as a BA for Clinique but I am honest in my reviews with our products and I would never recommend if I didn't believe in it!

on 4/19/2013 9:47:00 AM

Disappointing, doesn't play well with make-up as a primer, at least for the tinted moisturisers I use. I end up with cemented clumps of make-up around the pores on my nose, definitely not the look I'm going for. The product is too pale and lightweight to use on its own - the effect is a white-ish mask over a pinkish schnozz. I've had better results to get make-up to grip to my T-zone, especially my nose, without clumping with the Laura Mercier Secret Finish mattifying product, although that is not perfect either.
I've been using the Clinique corrector with the Clinique pore correcting serum, as recommended by the sales assistant without seeing huge benefits.

on 4/17/2013 4:05:00 PM

This was the worst waste of money ever. Not only did it make me break out, but when you wear makeup over this it looks all flaky and feathery. Not to mention it dried out my skin... DO NOT buy this!!! Awful product all around.

Now although I have been a fan of some of Clinique's moisturiser's and MU, I am really not too sure what to make of the 'Instant Perfector'. My pores are much more refined than before (thanks to Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5 - please see my other review for more on that!) but on very warm days and especially when my sugar intake has been very high, my skin can become more oily in the t-zone and the pores unfortunately re-appear (though to a small degree). Using this from Clinique doesn't seem to do a great deal more than what my foundation could do anyway, by that I mean filling the pores in temporarily until washed-off. The difference when using this before my foundation is marginal and for the record I rubbed it in circular motions to really get it right into my pores. Maybe its just my skin that it doesn't do much for, all I do know is I will continue to focus on 'treating' rather than finding a solution for 'covering up' and the only way forward for that is my trusty Retinol serum.

This one from Clinique is definitely not one to re-purchase, for me at least.

on 3/29/2013 5:55:00 PM

This is my life saver.. I seem to always have open pores on and around more nose/cheeks and when I apply make up this makes them even more visible. I spoke to a lady at the Clinque counter who recommended this to me. Now the price is a little off putting for the size of product but I can assure you a little goes a long way.. I have been using this for over 6 months now and I still have some left. I don't know what I would do without this product and I am now tempted to try there more expensive solution which is a product that should get rid of the open pores instead of refining them.