November 28, 2014 | 1683 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Having oily skin and huge pores, I am been searching for what seems like an eternity for a decent pressed powder that could stand up to my greasy beacon of a face. In Canada, they had discontinued the Shine Free pressed powder, so after consulting beautypedia I decided to give this a go.

WOW, was I impressed, this is a delicate fine milled powder that controls shine, looks very natural and does not settle into fine lines and pores. Having very fair skin, it is sometimes hard to find powder that dosen`t make me look like the undead, and Lancome does have a wide range of colours to choose from.

I am deducting a lippie because of the price, at $39 CDN it is very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by tabby1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product it gives great coverage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

I agree with all of the previous reviews. This is a great setting powder and the color stays true with minimal caking. Sadly, it has coconut derivatives in it and cligs my pores and causes deep painful knots everytime I use it. Anything with coconut ingredients can be a pore clogger if you are prone to it. Other than that, I wish I could use it but sadly its in the graveyard of acne hell for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Kdids520

This was recommended to me by the SA and I'm really happy with my purchase. It's a fine, non-chalky powder that just leaves my skin looking flawless. I use it over foundation, over tinted moisturizer or just over regular moisturizer. Regardless of which way I use it, it's awesome. Definitely a re-purchase for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by abfabjack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG powder! I have tried soo many powders and this one is the BEST! The shade range is wide so I didn't have any problem matching my skin. It's extremely sheer and is perfect over foundation. It's also great for touch ups throughout the day. It doesn't cake or look too powdery. It's extremely good at keeping your complexion matte all day too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by babieedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference I am about NC25-NC30ish but more towards NC25.
I bought this in Bisque 300 perfect shade. Even though this is a translucent it does make the skin appear even-tone and not a terrible chalky matte but a more natural skin look. The only thing I wish is that its mattifying properties would last a bit longer on me. But overall it's a really beautiful finely milled pressed powder. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

ive only used for two days and i already love it! its amazing for my oily tzone since it controls oil for about three hours. no more blotchy, oily nose after an hour. ive tried so many different "oil controlling and mattifying" powder but this is definitley my HG. the packaging is luxurious and sleek. $29 for a compact powder is pretty pricey but definitley worth it, and i definitley will repurchase once i run it. this is really silky and smooth, makes skin looks flawless, yet with sheer coverage. its great over my estee lauder double wear liquid founsation!

edit; two days after i hit pan on this it SHATTERED in my makeup bag. *sigh* i still repurchased today but im gonna try to be more gentler with my purse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AWESOME pressed powder. I would say HG. It is silky but mattifies really nicely. Makes skin look flawless and holds makeup well. Controls shine nicely. Skin looks perfect! Love love love! Coverage is sheer.