Victoria's Secret Angel Eau De Parfum

4.3

on 6/26/2012 9:01:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

The bottle is beautiful beyond words. Who wouldn't want to use a perfume with beautiful angel wings? The fragrant is too strong for my taste. Lately, VS and been reviving it's attraction for the more mature demographic. It's the older working women that has money to splurge. VS is doing it job to attract all ages. I personally would not use this fragrant simply because it is too strong and offensive to me. It contained dead animal extract called "ambergris" which is a solid, waxy, flammable substance of a dull gray or blackish color produced in the digestive system of and regurgitated or secreted by a sperm whale.Freshly produced ambergris has a marine, fecal (poop) odor. However, as it ages, it acquires a sweet, earthy scent . Ambergris is usually passed in the fecal (poop) matter. Ambergris that forms a mass too large to be passed through the intestines is expelled via the mouth, leading to the reputation of ambergris as primarily coming from whale vomit. For people who are sensitive to dead animal secretion in the perfume, this might not be a good choice. I personally, can detect this in the perfume while most people probably couldn't.

I literally gagged when I sprayed Angel perfume on the test strip. I tried this many many times, wanting to much to like this fragrant because the bottle is simply beautiful. it didn't work. Vomit induced 10 times every time I tried to force myself to like one of these "mature" perfume.

main notes include: pepper, plum , gardenia, violet, ambergris, musk, agarwood.

on 6/6/2012 11:59:00 AM

This is what an angels wings would smell like....this perfume reminds me of snow on a.cold winter evening. It's kind of sparkling and the snowplum reminds me of Christmas.....I actually am wearing this on a bright sunny 70 degree day and this is beautiful. It smells different to me in summer. I think the fruit stands out more. On me I get an icy plum with violet. I don't get any gardenia on my skin. I like this. It's femininine but not strong. This is work appropriate as well as good for nightime too. I like this cuz its much more mature than the other fragrances. Over 30 I feel kinda ridicuolius smelling too frilly all the time. As thus scent settles I smell a musk which iscslightly powfery but not "old and stale" smelling. This fragrance is different and the bottle is beautiful. Stunning. I don't see any difference between the lasting power of the perfume and the spray. I seem to like their mists better over the perfume. They just smell fresher and you get a huge bottle of the mist and its cheaper. The mist seems more velvety. I really enjoy this fragrance. I like the spice, fruit and softness. Pretty! At first I hated it..but now I gave it another chance and love it. I think I might have been testing too many scents and didn't give this one a fair sniff....

on 5/25/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I love this scent but I think that I would only wear this in the winter and fall because this scent is heavy to me. But this has really good lasting power (which is not the usual for VS fragrances). I would rate this 3.5 but I'll just give this a 4 because it doesn't deserve a 3 lol. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase because this isn't one of my absolute favorite scents ever.

on 5/16/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

VICTORIA'S SECRET ANGEL is different from Victoria's Secret usual fragrance releases; it's more 'adult' and subtle, in comparison to their largely gourmand output. This such a lovely, light, floral-with-a-hint-of-zesty-fruit fragrance, yet it is also a warm and slightly powdery and spicy perfume.

I detect lemon, rose, peony, violet and a woody/amber blend, as well as a spicy bite of pepper. There's possibly some peach too, but the plum note is very light and is largely hidden under the florals and pepper.

The staying power is much better then VS's other perfumes; six to eight hours. This is something I wear often now that the weather is warming up, but I did buy it in winter and would occasionally wear it then too.

Official scent notes: Pink pepper, violet, plum, ambergris, musk, gardenia and agarwood (oud).

on 3/7/2012 9:58:00 PM

I wanted to review the Victoria's Secret Angel fragrance mist (eau de parfum's lighter variant) but couldn't find it here on MUA. So this review is for the mist version of the same fragrance. It is actually the 1st VS scent that I enjoyed the smell of, and quickly have become addicted to. This beautiful pink winged bottle never leaves my side, either at home, in my bag, or in my car 24/7. The mist is plastic so it's durable :) The staying power of this scent is incredible and surprising for a $15.00 bottle. It's 2.5 oz! The notes are very clean & floral, violet stands out to me, just enough sweet but not overly so. When I wear it I feel so feminine! Today I sprayed the crap out of my closet just incase I ever leave the house without a spritz haha.

on 2/29/2012 4:48:00 PM

Loving the angel-winged bottle, I tested this fragrance without knowing anything about it...and was delighted by a sweet, very soft amber essence, layered intriguingly with powdery gentle muskiness...LOVELYand my new top favorite!

on 2/1/2012 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this as a Christmas present for myself since I had a rewards card and I'm very happy with this wonderful fragrance!

on 1/29/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to love this perfume. When I spritzed it on the card at VS, I thought it was a lovely scent and very soft. It was on sale, so I bought a bottle.

When I took it home and spritzed it on my skin I was disappointed by how 'green' and sharp it smelled. I took it in to work the next day and let several of the girls try it on and it worked better with their chemistry than my own. It actually reminds me of 'Pink', which also smells like crap on my skin.

So I'm giving it three lippies because it smells wonderful on certain people and awful on myself.

on 1/7/2012 5:58:00 PM

I really loveeeee this product!! It smells absolutley wonderful and "angelic" with sparkling notes of plum , sheer violet , and amber. This actually has a nice staying power lasting half of the day. Not only is that enough , but I get compliments on it too. My mom even went to buy it after getting compliments.

on 1/2/2012 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not a huge fan of wearing fragrance, but I did start to again this year. I tend to give myself a headache if I wear anything to heavy. And I normally don't like most fragrances that I smell from the bottle, but my coworker had a new bottle of this at her desk last month and I smelled it and loved it!
I now have two bottles and love it! I wear it every day now... smells really good without being overbearing or heavy...

Popular Fragrances