February 1, 2015 | 1989 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Fleur Power

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Dieuthuy

This is my first purchase from MAC and I really like this blush. Since I was little disappointed of NARS blush I've tried this one (and yeah, it is so much cheaper). The colour is very soft pink (love that colour!), but you have to be carefull, the blush is very pigmented and you have to blend it out a lot, but its finish is beautiful. The lasting is also pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Applied lightly makes me look like I've been drinking, applied any more and I look sunburnt, cannot get this to look good at all. Was really excited about getting this because I wanted a coral pink but I see no coral at all, it just looks red on me. Perhaps it just isn't right for my skin tone (fair to medium nw20). I would advise to try this out at a MAC store if you can beforehand and not rely on swatches online if you're unsure like I did.

Edit: Okay, after a couple of weeks I've learnt to apply this a bit better, it looks good very lightly applied and with natural or even no other makeup (on me anyway) so quite liking it now. I'd still definitely recommend trying it at a store if you can though. - Added a lippie.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Hated this blush, another lesson of why I should never buy things on impulse! On my NC25 skin-tone, it comes off as very bright coral-pink, bordering on red. It's extremely pigmented, yet impossible to apply lightly thanks to it's coral and red tones. The application for me was quite chalky and impossible for me to apply in a rush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this peach pink colour blush blends like a dream however I'm really pale and prefer to wear this when I'm tanned as it can make my cheeks look like there a bit sun burnt if I over do it so I have to be careful that I don't apply too much it's very pigmented only need to slightly dip my brush into the pan and that's all I need unlike well dressed which I adore but isn't that pigmented

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm, I'm kind of on the fence with this blush..
It's my first MAC blush so I had pretty high expectations. I was debating between this and Peaches, and tbh I regret picking this blush over Peaches now
here's why
I'm about nc30 more olive, and I feel that a peachy blush would've suited me better than pinky corals but I've never had a peach blush until very recently (I gave in and bought Peaches) peach blushes warm up my complexion in a way that pinks never did!
This is not the products fault, because if you love/prefer bright pink blushes than I would definitely give this a go
Also, Fleur Power is super easy to overdo. It's a very pigmented so be sure, be very sure that you use a light hand! Less is more
I did dock a lippy for that, I've used this blush when I was in a rush many times and have had to leave the my house with clown cheeks :(
However, if you do use just the right amount, it results in a beautiful flush of color.
I reccommend Fleur Power to ones with more neutral undertones, actually NO
scratch that, this blush is extremely versatile when it comes to the skintones it flatters-- it all depends on your preference!
If you're looking for a bright, pinky coral blush this is the one for you
(However if you're more yellow undertones and olive I do think Peaches would be more fit)
Again, all about your personal preference!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Lollyfox

I am very pale, paler then MAC's nw10 and this is one of my fav blushes ! Lovely pigment and stays well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This blush gives my cheeks a natural, pinkish colour - which is what I usually want. It's so pretty, pigmented and pretty buildable, so you can achieve a bolder look with it as well.

The staying power is OK - not the best. I imagine the Pro Longwear blushes are better when it comes to this. But it holds for a good 6 hours at least, which is good enough for me.

And the best thing for me is that this blush isn't shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by OfficialMS

I bought this blush because in my stash there's just a overload on peachy coral blushes but no where to be found a pinkish one.. So after I swatched this at the MAC counter I was sold. It's just a really pretty pinkish color that isn't too bright. It's buildable for how the color must look like so you don't end like a clown haha. Otherwise the blush isn't red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by susiej

I bought Fleur Power because it was used on the set of Pan Am which was one of my favourite TV shows of the last five years- the ladies on that show were always so prettily madeup and I do love early 60's inspired looks.

Fleur Power is described as a satin finish "soft bright pinkish-coral" and I'd agree with that. It has enough coral in it to not be pinky pinky but it isn't orangey in anyway either. They are correct about being bright as well- I find this blush to be really pretty highly pigmented. I don't consider this either to be a plus or a minus- it is just something that needs to be taken into consideration when applying- less is more and blend, blend, blend.

On me this blush gives a flush of colour that is awfully similar to my own natural flush- I need to be quite careful to blend sufficiently and get each side even as a result. Done well, it is just beautiful and very natural but it is not terribly forgiving if you don't take your time over it. Similarly if I end up naturally flushing- on top of this blush it can look quite strong.

Although I am pale with very olive undertones I could see this shade working really well for women who have darker skin (and the strong pigment works to its advantage in this way).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is the first product I have ever purchased from MAC. and I achieved it completely on my own with no help from an SA! (hey, when you don't know MAC that wall of a million products is SUPER intimidating!! )

I purchased this after being extremely disappointed to find out that my favorite spring and summer pink blush from NARS (Amour) was pulling very dusty and orange on me. WTF!!? I am still perplexed by this. I swear they changed the formulation. Or maybe I changed... I don't know. but still. sadness. I guess I have to be more pale to wear it. but i digress...

so I cam across Fleur power just perusing the blushes and I chose it because I was naturally drawn to the color and its very similar to NARS amour, the color I used to love.

I would describe Fleur Power as a warm medium pink with peach undertones. I find that it does not look exactly the same on the face as it does in the pan, which is a little disappointing. however it still looks very nice and gives me a warm, soft pinky-peach glow that can be subtle and natural or a little more intense if i want to layer it on.

Once in a while it pulls a little red which is weird. gives me a wee bit of a sunburned look. sometimes in certain light I detect an orange hue. But generally what I get is the pinky-peach flush that goes so well with my fav NARS lippie "mayflower". its a very youthful look which I both need and enjoy.

If I ever actually run out of this I would buy it again. $21 is a decent price though a little overpriced for a compact with no mirror. I think $16 would be more reasonable. but it still $8 less than a NARS blush so that is something. :)