December 22, 2014 | 1580 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dennyinmi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As I've reached my 50's there are alot of problems I've had with finding powders that gave me a natural finish. Fine lines are beginning to set in, and the minerals lines have all but seemed to either be chalky or accentuate lines. Until this. After reading several reviews on another blog of woman in my age group I splurged abit and purchased this and it is by far the finest powder I have ever used. I think if I applied this correctly since its somewhat buildable I could even use this as a foundation, yet its' sheer enough over a foundation and sets all day!!! NO creasing in lines, beautiful finish. Why are there companies out there these days producing finishes that believe the mature woman wants to "glow" like a sparkle glo-lite? You will LOVE this powder...what a pretty pretty finish!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by ellysem

Love this powder! Looks amazing over my estee lauder double wear.
'Sets your foundation without making you look cakey or too over the top. Don't think it controls my oil as much as I would like but nothing seems to. Smells great aswell which is an added bonus :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Gymnaststar14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder looks so beautiful on me! It keeps the oils in my face at bay all day with NO touchups! I don't look completely matte with it on which I really like. I have naturally tanned skin so translucent powders usually look really weird and creepy because of the white cast they give me but this one does not! It sets my foundation beautifully and keeps it on all day too. Refills are also only $11!! I think I'm in love :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by NaturalKickedUpaNotch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ideal for my needs. BEAUTIFUL packaging and just the right size for my purse. I like that I can buy refills for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by perandshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is normal to dry I'd say, and this powder gives me a light and luminous finish. I love it. I like my MAC Studio Careblend powder as well but EL gives a more sophisticated look. packaging is simple yet pretty, with EL's signature color blue and gold. I like that the mirror has a decent size so I can get a view of my entire face without having to hold the compact far.
One lippie off because I realized that there isn't much product in each pan for the price. I don't use it very often and I am seeing the bottom already. if you get used to using this powder everyday you would need to repurchase each month. that is expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

What I don't like about this is the fact that it's not cheap (I've found very comparable or even equal drugstore powders for less) and the customer serviced I received buying it both times was a negative experience. I don't know if it's just this counter, but the women were such snobs to me. It was almost as if it was a freaking burden for them to help me. I HATE that, especially when I'm spending money. I may not buy again for this reason, I don't know.

I like the powder enough, though. It doesn't look chalky or powdery which is a plus. It doesn't irritate my skin or break it out, but it does dry it out if I use too much. But I don't, so it's not a problem. I tend to use powder as a way to set my moisturizer. I hate the feeling of foundation so I don't wear it. This goes on nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder was a good one, it set makeup and covered the blackheads I have on my nose. It is deffinitly transluecent though so it won't do any correcting for you. the only problem I really had with it was that it broke easily, I put my makeup on at 5 in the morning and I admit I can be kind of clumsy when I first stumble out of bed, so one morning I dropped it and the powder broke and spilled everywere so I couldn't use any more. Now I know, I dropped it so I should expect it but trust me I've dropped tons of blushes,eyeshadows and other pressed powders and this one was the only one to break. (I only dropped it from my bathroom counter.) SO if you're kinda clumsy be very carefull this stuff isn't cheap. It gave my skin a really pretty finish too, I will probably repurchase but in the form of the refills they sell online for 10 bucks, now THAT I can afford!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

been using this for the past 2 days along with EL country mist foundation, so far i love both and everyone is right when they say it doesnt cake up or look heavy. i got this in the travel one and next will buy the big one

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Katz17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh My Goodness! I think I have just found my Holy Grail pressed powder for setting makeup! I love this to death and there really isn't one thing that I don't like about this product. It comes with 15g of product, which will last forever! I have this in 01 light, the lightest shade, which looks too light for my skin in the pan, but when applied, it looks perfect! It came with a little puff to apply it with, but I prefer to use a brush. The mirror inside the compact is nice and big, and packaging is pretty nice. I personally don't mind the scent at all, I think it smells good. The texture is really nice, silky, and finely-milled. It's great for setting makeup and never ever looks cakey or powdery on the skin. It does everything I think a powder should and there isn't one bad thing I could say about it! Will continue to buy it over and over again when mine runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for YEARS and I absolutely love it. It is just beautiful and luminous without being glittery or shiny. I love Estee Lauder.
P.S. This product is really not for VERY oily skin. If you wear a really drying foundation like a longwear one, this is a perfect choice to offset the dryness. Otherwise, normal/combo/dry is okay but not for super oily.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No