January 29, 2015 | 1666 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by vgbluefire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with what user @stkh said about this mask. I also like the green tea smell. I had originally purchased the small jar for $19 at Sephora and really liked how the tingling sensation "soothed" my inflamed hormonal skin - I was a fan and repurchased as soon as possible. However, upon recent uses, I am no longer a fan. I find the tingling sensation irritating. I even find the mask to be overly drying as it dries. The texture, overall, is irritating too. I will use up what I have, but don't plan to buy it again. There other brands that offer anti-aging, deep cleansing, exfoliating properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Brazinda

This product is an insult to the rest of the glamglow line (supermud & thirstymud.) The formula is shit that doesn't spread onto the skin easily with huge chunks of leaf! It burns in an uncomfortable way and if it gave me great results I would be okay with it but it absolutely did not. Not to mention its expensive as hell for a tiny jar that completely DRIED UP in two months even though the cap was on it 100% properly and tight. SUPER disappointed in this product, I wish the supermud came in this size jar as I have noticed that it is much smaller???? Also they should be in tubes or something for hygienic reasons, it's 2014- we can do better. Would never recommend this product and it dried my skin out terribly. This is a GLAMNO

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Several months ago, I found a full sized jar of this at Marshall's for $39.99 and decided to finally buy it after getting a sample last year and enjoying it. This mask tingles, almost painfully, when I put it on. It dries very tight and I'm not a huge fan of the seaweed clumps that are in it. When washing it off, it does a decent job of exfoliating and because of that, it does leave a brightening effect but that only lasts a short time too. I've used it once a week since purchasing it and I will finish the jar but I still can't shake the feeling that it's really not worth the price at $40, let alone at the full price of $70! I feel like this is a prime example of a product being hyped up and just not living up to those expectations.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Lpeterso15

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product because of all the great reviews but it hurts so much when I put it on and it gives me a little rash. I've never been allergic to any products before so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. It is not a relaxing experience by any means.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have been using it for the past 6 months. Or rather trying to use it up. It smells great. It's somewhat easy to apply (apart from these falling off green tea leaves). My good points stop there. It's really abrasive if you try to use it as a scrub. In a bad way. At least my skin can not take it. I break out every single time I use it. And it's not purging. It's fine as a mask as long as I use it as such - applying and washing it off. But then again I don't really see any particularly amazing results from it. A rather dissapointing result for such an expensive mask/scrab. Not going to repurchase. Probably going to bin the unfinished pot as well. Or use it up on my feet - it's abrasive enough for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by mirandamall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give it 3 stars, because:

It's a nice mask, I purchased it and started right away. After 2 minutes you feel this stuff "tingle" and it makes you glow after you rinsed it off. I would give it 5 stars if the glow stayed for more then 1 day. It's nice when you are preparing for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by alia1issam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING product! enough said!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Mrright1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ask my" go to girl" in Sephora for a mask to help with blackheads. She went right to this product. Gave me a large sample. When it first went on, there was some tingling. A little strong. Then as it started to dry it felt good. I could actually see it in action on my nose and chin. The rinse off took some time. The result was way more than I expected. Cystic acne on my chin and cheek were noticeably smaller, and healed the next day. Pores on nose and chin were clean. Will I be investing? Yes! I'm not a easy customer with beauty products, but this is really a winner for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried a sample of this, I did not know it had pieces of leaves in it. I rinsed a bit down the sink thinking it was a bad tube and some had solidified. Well, when I did realize it's leaves, I applied it and I felt like an elf or fairy with ivy leaves on my face, frolicking in the woods. This mask basically is like a mask and exfoliant in one. It did leave my skin looking glowy and good. You could probably use Queen Helene mint julep mask followed by their scrub and get similar results, but I do like this stuff. It multitasks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first got this as a sample, and loved the feel of using it and the results so much I bought a full size for myself and as a gift for my mother in law.
I used it as a mask, then as I rinsed I used it like a scrub. I liked the smell and the gritty texture. It burned just a tiny bit but felt very effective. I loved the end result! and my husband even said my face looked bright and fresh right after I used it.

Although I love this product I dont know if Ill buy again because it is soooo expensive for such a tiny amount of product.

Pros: Great exfoliator with tea leaves and pumice in the mix
Leaves skin feeling fresh, glowing and toned
made my pores look much smaller (temporarily)
Skin really looks refreshed, toned and refined right after use
Pleasant smell and tingle

Cons:
Results are not long lasting.
Super expensive product (75USD) for one little jar
the jar is only HALF FULL (if even half!), half the bottom of the jar is just solid glass. and its packaged in a big box (Very wasteful packaging). So when you first buy it you feel you're getting a pound of the stuff, when in reality you only get like 3 tablespoons at most. Once full size jar lasted me about 8-10 full face and neck applications

I use the Aztec Secret mixed with ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) regularly. It is super cost effective and its kind of clarifying and toning. I helps dry out my very oily skin. BUT I must say I loved the GLAM YouthMud waaaaay more. Sadly, It is definitely a splurge item. I may buy again, and resist the urge to use it except for before special occasions or social outings.