August 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Scrubs - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by maria91

My feelings are a bit mixed for this product. It's quite good, certainly above average BUT not that good to explain the very steep price tag. For 50 for a tiny pot I'd expect it to work nothing less than miracles.

Which it doesn't.

Pros:
I find that you only need a tiny bit - a thin layer will work just fine
I did feel that my skin was softer and I could certainly feel it tingle while on my skin
Although as soon as I took it off my skin was a bit red, by the next morning it looked quite improved: my spots were smaller and not as red.

Cons:
Very expensive
It may be a bit harsh for sensitive skins - I have a normal to oily skin and still felt a bit harsh. I also know a couple of people with sensitive skin who had to wash it off after a couple of minutes because they couldn't take the (harsh) tingle.
As soon as it dries, it sets like cement! I could hardly move my lips to talk. I didn't mind, but some people may find it uncomfortable.

Overall very nice, but I wouldn't buy it (I actually received this as a sample to try out) because I still find it overpriced. If you're after a clay mask this good, there are plenty of other equally good masks on the high street which are much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I wanted not to like this mask! I went to Sephora a few months ago and got 2 sample sachets, one of the white mask and one of the black. I used the white one first, as I had more faith in it after reading the reviews, and was very meh about it, it didn't do anything good or bad for my skin.
Then I decided to try the black one, despite the poor reviews. Wow. I absolutely loved it, it left my face smooth, glowing and more even toned, pores looked much smaller.
I don't have active acne but I still get the odd hormonal cyst that never comes to a head, and my face is oily/combo, slightly dehydrated, and unevenly pigmented from old acne scars.

I applied a thin layer and let it dry. I could tell it was ready to wash out when the color turned into a light, mint green. I didn't scrub my face though, I just patted warm water on until it liquefied, then washed it off. After drying, I applied my regular moisturizer, and for the next 3-4 days my face looked great. So much so, that I decided to purchase the small size from Sephora, which is priced reasonably if you want to make sure this product is good for you, before splurging on the large size. I will probably keep buying the small size though.

The leaves don't bother me at all, they are pretty cool. And I love the tea scent. I don't experience any burning, tingling or anything even remotely uncomfortable, not even that uncomfortable tightness I usually get with clay masks. It does feel tight when it dries, but not in a bad way.

I think this mask is awesome, and a great pick me up while on vacation when you don't want to carry too many treatments and exfoliants with you.

I expected the worst from this product, and I was proven wrong :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased the GlamGlow Youth Mud in the black container. They offer the smaller "trial" sizes at my sephora for $20. I wanted to try it out before purchasing the near $70 full size. All I can say is, it only made my skin feel soft afterwards which I can get from any mask well under $10. I find it wasn't exfoliatin other than the leaves inside. I won't be repurchasing this product. I do however love the white mask. The super mud works amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the tingly sensation it gives. I actually see difference in my skin after I use this, it gives me a nice glow and refreshes my skin. But the result doesn't last for long, even when I've used it regularly. I like the concept, and it's a good facial mask; but not really worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by camerrim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I already have pretty nice skin, but this is my new secret weapon before big events, special dates, or when I break out thanks to shark week. I didn't feel any tingling or painful sensation, and I do leave it on for 20 minutes. It's very pricy, but I figure it's like getting a facial and lasts me about one to two months, so it's worth it. I find it sucks out all of the crap from my nose, and surrounding my nose and makes me look like a porcelain doll even without make up on.

Bottom line; it's worth it, get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by emileesays

I got both the Clearing Mud mask, and the Youth Tingle Exfoliating mask for $69 during the BOGO christmas deal online. However $69 for just one is pretty steep. Regardless, I do love these masks!
The Clearing mud mask:
-Best for oily/combination skin
-T zone application, or spot treatment
-I use this on my t zone weekly, and as a spot treament when needed...What I love about it is it makes some of my breakouts dissappear within 2 days. Rather than other spot treatments which will just speed up the development of the breakout.
-A little too drying to use every 3 days as recommended on box

Youth Tingle Exfoliating:
-The tingle definitely is intense, but nothing thats too crazy to handle. It feels refreshing
-When removing the mask you have to rub it around with water-as if you are washing your face- to get the exfoliation.
-Gives a "flushed" glow
I like to use both my Cera Ve PM moisturizer and Josie Maran Argan Oil right after.

I'm a fan, don't know that I will spend $69 for just one though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by harajukuboy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've taken this mask off literally minutes ago so I'm not sure what the end result will be, I will edit this tomorrow, but I had another GlamGlow mask and it was really good, I can't remember which one off the top of my head, maybe Supermud? Well anyway first off this one tingles a LOT, almost uncomfortably, but after about a minute this stops, and it dries very quickly and very tightly. I have dry skin so was worried this would dry me out too much but after washing my skin felt cramp to touch but a little tight so I moisturised with my HG Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask, and it feels good. I am inclined to say my pores around my nose look slightly smaller? The price isn't fun but my other mask was worth it, I'll see what my skin is like tomorrow to tell you more...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Got a large sample of this at Sephora-meh-I don't see it doing anything more than any other mask/scrub I've used. I don't really have a large pore issue. It does tingle upon application, which doesn't mean much of anything to me. Overhyped and overpriced. I can see people loving this if they have never done exfoliation masks/scrubs before. For the money, I would rather spend it on Dermadoctor Physical Chemistry scrub as it has multi-acids in it which are ingredients that really do something other than sand your face and you don't get leaves stuck to your skin, hands, sink and hair. Won't be wasting my money on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh' not the worst product but at the same time I wish I hadn't wasted the $ on this junk. Not worth the time, $ or thought. There are (rolls eyes) SOOOOO many better and cheaper masks in the world to waste your hard earned cash on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Belle144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is expensive and the leafy bits in it end up over the floor! But it is so good!
Applying it is messy and it burns the skin for a few seconds once it's on, but it makes your face glow. It isn't drying but seems to clear any spots.
This is a definite go to product before a big night out to make your face look fresh and healthy.