November 27, 2014 | 1452 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried a sample of this, I did not know it had pieces of leaves in it. I rinsed a bit down the sink thinking it was a bad tube and some had solidified. Well, when I did realize it's leaves, I applied it and I felt like an elf or fairy with ivy leaves on my face, frolicking in the woods. This mask basically is like a mask and exfoliant in one. It did leave my skin looking glowy and good. You could probably use Queen Helene mint julep mask followed by their scrub and get similar results, but I do like this stuff. It multitasks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first got this as a sample, and loved the feel of using it and the results so much I bought a full size for myself and as a gift for my mother in law.
I used it as a mask, then as I rinsed I used it like a scrub. I liked the smell and the gritty texture. It burned just a tiny bit but felt very effective. I loved the end result! and my husband even said my face looked bright and fresh right after I used it.

Although I love this product I dont know if Ill buy again because it is soooo expensive for such a tiny amount of product.

Pros: Great exfoliator with tea leaves and pumice in the mix
Leaves skin feeling fresh, glowing and toned
made my pores look much smaller (temporarily)
Skin really looks refreshed, toned and refined right after use
Pleasant smell and tingle

Cons:
Results are not long lasting.
Super expensive product (75USD) for one little jar
the jar is only HALF FULL (if even half!), half the bottom of the jar is just solid glass. and its packaged in a big box (Very wasteful packaging). So when you first buy it you feel you're getting a pound of the stuff, when in reality you only get like 3 tablespoons at most. Once full size jar lasted me about 8-10 full face and neck applications

I use the Aztec Secret mixed with ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) regularly. It is super cost effective and its kind of clarifying and toning. I helps dry out my very oily skin. BUT I must say I loved the GLAM YouthMud waaaaay more. Sadly, It is definitely a splurge item. I may buy again, and resist the urge to use it except for before special occasions or social outings.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hilarykirkpatrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first used this product as a sample and loved it -i loved it so much that I used it on my wedding day!
I am surprised by the poor reviews. I bought the full product and I use this as a spot treatment on zits, and as an overall mask.
It tingles at first (for me it doesn't burn) then slowly hardens. When you wash it off it is a very nice exfoliant.
It gives me a beautiful glow, makes my skin very soft and smooth, and makes my zits smaller and less red. I feel like the volcanic clay ingredient sucks up the oil from the zit... I love it!
Bulky packaging, high price and a small amount of actual product are definite draw backs, but for me the glow and zit-killing makes it worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jolson428

Holy face burn!! I received a sample of this and did not even keep on for a full minute, the directions state there will be a "tingle-tastic tightening effect" but all I felt was my skin on fire. I rinsed immedately with cold water. And I don't even have sensitive skin.

Will never purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

First of all, this product looks revolting. It's the color of mud, which is fine, but it has these weird leaf like pieces in it and does not apply evenly. I literally gagged while putting it on my face. Beyond that, I didn't think this was any different than any Freeman clay mask I have used. I would never recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by danielle5820

Bought this product in duty free whilst flying home from holiday. The product does work and does what it claims to do. You can feel it working whilst on your face and can feel it tightening your face too - which I love! I also love how it is also an exfoliator when you wash it off. HOWEVER, the pot is so small, and I am one of those people who loves slapping on loads of product. I managed to do thin layers (which is definitely all you need) however, I still only got about 8-10 uses out of it. Would I buy it again? No. I think they're are better products out there for the price and size. But for travel purposes, it definitely works.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ayo1sophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could give this mask zero lippies, I WOULD. I have acne prone skin, but it is really tough when it comes to experimenting with products. I tried this product twice! Once a year ago and once just recently when I got a sample in the GlossyBox. The first time I used it, after thorough washing and even a shower after, my pores were left BLACK from the mask. Every single pore on my face looked as if I had millions of blackheads. DISGUSTING. The second time I used it, I hoped that maybe my skin would react differently, but this time it was WORSE. My skin basically purged itself after using this mask. I used it before bed, no black pores this time, and when I woke up my cheeks were left with huge, almost cystic, pimples! UGH! After spending a full year on acne medication, my skin was pretty much acne free besides the one or two "time of the month" visits. This product made my skin look even more disgusting than it did before I went on medication. PLEASE save yourself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample size of Youthmud and liked it enough to purchase a full size. I don't know what happened, but the very first time I used the full size, the very next morning I had about 4 new zits. A week later I still have one on my cheek that is painful. I might try it again some other time, but right now it's going to be sitting in my drawer. I have normal/dry skin and just wanted to do something different so that's why I bought this mask. I have since purchased a pumpkin mask and some retinol to help clear up the breakouts the Glamglow caused. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Amazing!!! In the winter/fall I have VERYYYY dry skin, I wish I had this product before so I could have worked on my skin during that time. This is a clay mask and I used to use a clay mask long ago, but it would majorly dry me out! This has little tiny scrubbing balls that you scrub before removing and afterwards your face is as soft as a baby's bottom! Perfect for us dry skin girls. And it does somewhat clear up my skin, but I do not have a lot of acne so I wouldn't be able to give advice in that area. But whenever I do have acne the day after using this they seem smaller! Love this stuff. I have been told by some oily skin girls that is doesn't do much for them and some love it. So I guess it just depends on your other concerns. For those with a lot of acne issues I think the one in the white packaging would be best for you! Also I believe the clumps in this are dried tea tree leaves which is VERY good for your skin. Wishing it was cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mask works, but for the price I'd expect a lot more than just clay and tea leaves that keep falling off during application (annoying!). The tingling/burning sensation gives the impression of some kind of miracle going on, but it doesn't do any more than your regular drugstore mud mask.

The packaging is lovely and I liked the smell. I got the sample size and do not plan on repurchasing.