October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by azorek

So far I like this. I have oily skin and this has a lot of oils in it, but it leaves my skin soft, and removes a decent amount of makeup. I used the BB's sensitive skin wipes before this and they worked well, but I feel like I'm getting a better value with this product. Most cleansers that remove makeup this well also leave my face so so dry, and I can't use any moisturizers without getting cystic acne, so this is the perfect medium, a moisturizing face wash. Good for days when you don't have heavy makeup. I probably won't repurchase, and will probably use the rest as a body wash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I took me a couple weeks of using this product to decide how I felt about it. When I first started using it, I wasn't sure I liked it. I'm not really sure why. But the longer I use it, the more I love it. This is the first Burt's Bees product I've tried. I was drawn to this product because it is hypoallergic, designed especially for sensitive skin, moisturizing, fragrance free, and most important of all (for me anyway) soap free. I can't use any type of bar soap. I've tried every brand on the market and it all makes me itch like crazy. I had been using Clean and Clear Advantage OiI Control Cleanser. But I felt it was too harsh and wasn't really doing the job controlling the oil on my face. didn't really have high expectations for this product. But I thought it was worth a try. I purchased it at Target for $9.99. It's a little on the expensive side as far as facial cleansers go, but it is defintiely worth the money in my opinion.

A few months back, I tried the Olay Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser and hated it.

This is definitely a no-frills facial cleanser. It has a thick, rich, texture. When you apply it to your face, it feels great. Very cooling and creamy. It also doesn't foam. It doesn't bother me at all, but it might some people. A previous reviewer stated that this cream was hard to rinse off and left a film on her face. I haven't experienced that at all. In my experience, this cleanser rinses off easily and completely with very little effort. It leaves your face feeling soft and clean. I also like that it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight the way a lot of facial cleansers do.

But the best thing about this cleanser is how well it controls oil. Since I've started using this facial cleanser I've noticed a major difference in the how oily my skin is. Before, even with primer, I would get 4-5 hours of decent wear before my makeup started breaking up and disappearing. Now, my primer works the way it is supposed to, which helps my makeup stay on a lot longer. Now, I get about 10-11 hours of decent wear before my makeup starts disappearing. That is a major improvement in my book.

My skin is annoyingly sensitive and this cleanser doesn't bother or irritate it at all. This is a fabulous cleanser for people with skin that is both oily and sensitive.

Edit 3/23/14
A couple weeks ago, I started using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. It's a much bigger bottle and the generic brands costs about $3 less than the Burt's Bees. The Burt's Bees product is a okay cleanser, but it doesn't even come close to the Cetaphil. With this product, you only get 5 oz of product for almost 10 bucks. I was going through about a tube about once a month. The Cetaphil cleanser doesn't irritate my skin, and my skin definitely feels cleaner than with the Burt's Bee's cleanser. I am sticking with the Cetaphil and won't be repurchasing this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Joey1

I absolutely love this cleanser...before this I was making my own oatmeal cleanser which was a huge pain! You only need a dime size amount as mentioned below and it's creamy..there is no scent and although it doesn't get off my eye makeup entirely, no face wash has ever done that, nor would I want it to because it would probably be too harsh and scrubbing my eyes isn't an option. So, I have always preferred using a wet hot cotton swab and cleaning any excess. My skin is very sensitive/allergic and rosacea prone. I also use the moisturizer from the line.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I LIKED this cleanser, didn't exactly love it.

First the pros:

- its gentle and did not irritate my sensitive skin
- its moisturizing
- it removes face makeup well
- it left my skin with a nice even tone (no red patches)
- there's no scent (I dislike a scent in facial products)

Now the cons:

- it does not remove eye makeup, a separate eye makeup remover is needed
- it does not control oil, my skin was super shiny within a hour or so of cleansing
- the cleanser and moisturizer combo doesn't create the ideal base for makeup application
- it doesn't clear blocked pores / black heads

Overall it is a nice cleanser. I think though its ideal for someone with normal to dry sensitive skin, not oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by VioletWolf

I love this cleanser! I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It is an absolute pain in the ass to deal with, but I have finally found something that makes my skin feel and look beautiful.

I went through a horrible skin month, where I tried multiple different drug store cleansers - all failing and resulting in break-outs, dry areas, red rashes and a waste of money. My skin was a mess when I picked this product up at a local grocery store. I had three natural cleansers in my hands that I could not choose between, finally deciding on this one. And am I ever glad I that I did.

I use it once a day (sometimes twice), usually at night, and all you need is a dime-sized amount. It feels like I am washing my face with a luxurious moisturizer, which has deterred me from certain products in the past as I felt I wasn't getting clean enough skin. This product, however, leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturized, without any break outs or redness. I can use this product - no toner, no moisturizer, no make up - and leave my house feeling beautiful.

I should add that since using this cleanser, I stopped wearing any make-up other than undereye concealer, clear mascara and a tinted lip balm, but if I were to have a full face on, I would want to remove my make-up before using this cleanser. I do not know how well it does with removing all heavy duty foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by csample

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I used to use the intense hydration cleanser and I like that too but I really like this stuff! I bought it because sunflower seed oil is the second ingredient and my skin loves sunflower oil. This cleanser is very creamy and soft. Does not foam or give a squeaky clean feeling (I hate that) or strip your skin of its acid mantle. Just soft, clean, hydrated skin afterward. I use maybe a nickel amount, if that, once a day at night. Rinses clean and I did not feel like I had to put on moisturizer even after my toner which was great! I do tone afterwards with a mix of water, witch hazel, lemon juice, a tad bit of sunflower/grapeseed oils, and a drop of tea tree oil. I moisturize with a natural oil based/plant based moisturizer only if I feel like I need it. The toner doesn't really pick up anything after this cleanser unless I wear a full coverage liquid set with powder type makeup which for me is only when I go to a banquet or wedding. Usually I just use light everyday minerals powder and this gets that off just fine. This routine is great, keeps my skin healthy, happy, controls oil, and no breakouts except for a couple tiny whiteheads here and there. Super nice gentle cleanser!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MissxCindy

I think it would be good cleanser for people with very dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I don't use it everyday. It helps moisturizes when I occasionally have dry skin. Might make the skin feel oily for some people.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ERROUSE

I've been using this for a couple of months now. I have dry skin & in the winter months extremely dry skin. I started in the winter months, and it did great. It keeps my skin clean and moisturized. I was mostly appreciative for it moisturizing, because most cleansers dry you out especially if used everyday. This is actually safe to use twice a day; I only use it at night though. I do have one issue though; it doesn't lather up, tingle, etc like other cleansers. I was worried at first if it really worked. I must say though it may not react like other cleansers, but my face is ALWAYS clear and moisturized. It could be the naturalness of the product that doesn't cause a lather, tingle, etc. Either way I'm definitely buying again to continue to use it! Face has never felt better!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After using Cerave cleanser for normal to dry skin all summer happily, it turned out to be too drying in the harsh winter weather of the upper Midswest. This creamy cleanser turned out to be fantastic for me, cleansing without stripping my skin of oils. It removes makeup well, too, as long as you massage it into your skin for a minute or two. Completely odorless was a big selling factor for me, as scents on my face drive me nuts. It reminds me of a creamier, cheaper version of LUSH's Ultrabland cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and eczema. I was at first surprised with the texture and the smell, it smells like cotton really! It is a cream base cleanser so it does not lather and you do have to gently massage it into your skin and rinse it off properly. I like this, I look forward to using this is in morning and night cleansing routines.