April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by csample

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I used to use the intense hydration cleanser and I like that too but I really like this stuff! I bought it because sunflower seed oil is the second ingredient and my skin loves sunflower oil. This cleanser is very creamy and soft. Does not foam or give a squeaky clean feeling (I hate that) or strip your skin of its acid mantle. Just soft, clean, hydrated skin afterward. I use maybe a nickel amount, if that, once a day at night. Rinses clean and I did not feel like I had to put on moisturizer even after my toner which was great! I do tone afterwards with a mix of water, witch hazel, lemon juice, a tad bit of sunflower/grapeseed oils, and a drop of tea tree oil. I moisturize with a natural oil based/plant based moisturizer only if I feel like I need it. The toner doesn't really pick up anything after this cleanser unless I wear a full coverage liquid set with powder type makeup which for me is only when I go to a banquet or wedding. Usually I just use light everyday minerals powder and this gets that off just fine. This routine is great, keeps my skin healthy, happy, controls oil, and no breakouts except for a couple tiny whiteheads here and there. Super nice gentle cleanser!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MissxCindy

I think it would be good cleanser for people with very dry skin. Since I have oily skin, I don't use it everyday. It helps moisturizes when I occasionally have dry skin. Might make the skin feel oily for some people.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ERROUSE

I've been using this for a couple of months now. I have dry skin & in the winter months extremely dry skin. I started in the winter months, and it did great. It keeps my skin clean and moisturized. I was mostly appreciative for it moisturizing, because most cleansers dry you out especially if used everyday. This is actually safe to use twice a day; I only use it at night though. I do have one issue though; it doesn't lather up, tingle, etc like other cleansers. I was worried at first if it really worked. I must say though it may not react like other cleansers, but my face is ALWAYS clear and moisturized. It could be the naturalness of the product that doesn't cause a lather, tingle, etc. Either way I'm definitely buying again to continue to use it! Face has never felt better!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by citizenannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After using Cerave cleanser for normal to dry skin all summer happily, it turned out to be too drying in the harsh winter weather of the upper Midswest. This creamy cleanser turned out to be fantastic for me, cleansing without stripping my skin of oils. It removes makeup well, too, as long as you massage it into your skin for a minute or two. Completely odorless was a big selling factor for me, as scents on my face drive me nuts. It reminds me of a creamier, cheaper version of LUSH's Ultrabland cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and eczema. I was at first surprised with the texture and the smell, it smells like cotton really! It is a cream base cleanser so it does not lather and you do have to gently massage it into your skin and rinse it off properly. I like this, I look forward to using this is in morning and night cleansing routines.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jeanrainbow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice packaging, I prefer tubes so the product stays clean and doesn't get contaminated but that's where I end on the praise of this product. My skin felt oily after washing with this (?????????) and the next morning my face had large welts all over it. Not sure if I had an alergic reaction to something in the soap or if that was from the oily feel but I do no like this one bit. I will try a few more times but I'm pretty certain the welts are from the soap. I will be pitching this and not purchasing again. I did not feel clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by gc73

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have OILY & SENSITIVE skin and I love this product. I have been using BB's Sensitive for 2-3 months now, and it works well. Doesn't "throw the baby out with the bath water" by stripping my beloved natural protective oils with the dirt. My face doesn't feel dry/tight or turn red like it does with harsher products. You get a lot of product considering it's only $10, lasts me at least 2 months per tube using a nickel size amount twice a day. It's not going to make blemishes disappear overnight, but it's a good standby product that, with correct cleansing technique in a balanced regimen, has kept my skin consistently clear, soft and supple.
One thing about it is, if you don't have extremely dry skin, you want to use only very little of a LIGHT moisturizer afterward (if I'm not going out, I usually don't use any). Since I use only natural, non drying products my skin breaks out if I try to put on a heavy winter moisturizer after using it.
The only thing that would make me happier about this product would be if it did have a LITTLE more cleansing power. it will NOT remove makeup (but really, you should be removing makeup before washing your face, anyway). A LITTLE more blemish fighting power would be nice--but not at the cost of its gentle, non-irritant, cleansing attributes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Noriko0205

Too oily for me. If you live in the climate that is so cold and the air is so dry from AC, like Alberta, this one may good. But here British Columbia, I am looking for more refresh and clean feeling than moisturizing from the cleanser. I don't know what to do with it. My daughter stop using it, too. I won't use but I can't throw away neither.....

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

This is a new Burt's Bees purchase I've made in the last 2 weeks or so and I picked it due to what wasn't found in to ingredient wise, plus the price was amazing. (Only $9.99 at Walgreens) I have pregnancy skin right now which means I'm either breaking out or fine. Def hormonal and I'm very much combo skin!

I needed something hydrating but I also wanted to start off with something gentle before I bought their Acne cleanser (Which is next on my list). It's got a nice cream texture that doesn't foam and it leaves you feeling soft and refreshed! Yes, I'm showing signs of breakouts but it's a 50/50 with me because I started on a new face wash as well as their Citrus Scrub, plus my goofy hormones...

I do plan on using this product more to find out what my skin does, sometimes it takes a month for your skin to adjust to a new product line. I won't buy anything that's not natural or organic so this is a big thing for me to try a new line vs what I have been using! I just needed something less expensive. I'm also an Aesthetician so product testing is always an excitement for me!

Will try to get an update on here when I've used for longer than 2 weeks. :)

::Update:: I've been using this product for over a month now and I'm still very pleased with it! My hormonal acne isn't flaring up like I thought it might with the pregnancy. I plan on keeping this in my bathroom as it's a great winter cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by JCakuls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent product :) I purchased this from Whole Foods a month ago when I had a horrible chemical burn after combining way too many strong treatment products (BP, BHA, retinol and alcohol-based toner. BAD MOVE.) and every thing under the sun was burning my skin, including aloe vera gel, olive oil, and hydrocortisone cream. -- When hydrocortisone is burning your face? You're basically out of options. So I scoop this, plus Burt's Res-Q Ointment (total HG healing product!!! Get some!) and cleansed with this and slathered on Res-Q. This cleanser still irritated my skin that night, only because my face was essentially absent of like 6 layers of protective skin lol. The next day my skin was completely back to normal thanks to this cleanser and the Res-Q regimen :) And I knew this, because, I used BB's Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream as a morning cleanser, and had ZERO irritation :))) Pretty miraculous!! So I use this every so often to remove eye makeup, or if my face is feeling a bit irritated. I'm a product junkie and my quest for the HG's in every category never ends, so, I will always keep this in my medicine cabinet because I love the ingredients; I know it cleanses; I know it doesn't irritate; and the ingredient list doesn't freak me out like everything else for sale at Walgreens and other drugstores. It does the job and it does it well; and for the ingredients and effectiveness? I swear to you, every price Burt's Bees retails is, to me, a steal for what's inside the bottle. I look at it as a bargain. Come on, people! You can't even buy produce at reasonable prices; as a culture we're pretty much divorced from reasonable access to things that come from the earth. So Burt's Bees is, in my eyes, incredibly reasonable, and I'm happy to pay for what I get from them :) I don't do well with any cleanser that leaves even the suggestion of a residue or layer of moisture behind; this, like many of the BB cleansing products, does just that - but it is still an excellent product and I can feel it working - the natural ingredients still do a great job of cleansing :) What it leaves behind is glowing and well-rested, clean but not stripped skin. My skin and oddly enough, my facial features (don't ask me how or why) look well-rested or something after using this... not sure how to describe it exactly; it's as someone's neutralized ALL pinkness, redness, and completely evened out my blood-flow to my face, not to mention? - my eyes and skin seem de-puffed and de-stressed. I feel like I've been re-wound by a few years after cleansing with this, no kidding. -- I use Oil of Olay's electronic facial cleansing brush with ANY cleanser, I don't go without it - and so I rub this on to a damp face with clean, damp hands for a good 30 seconds; then use the brush for about a minute or two; then wipe clean with a damp washcloth; and then use moisturizer, or toner and moisturizer. But I always stop for a tick after wiping my face clean after using this cleanser to admire and wonder at how well-rested I look. It's pretty awesome :)