Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), sucrose stearate, cetearyl alcohol, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, beta vulgaris (beet, extrait de racine de betterave) root extract, quillaja saponaria bark extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, yucca schidigera leaf/root/stem extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne à sucre) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silica, sucrose, fructose, glucose, coco-glucoside, inositol, maltodextrin, citric acid, benzoic acid, trehalose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, CI 77947 (zinc oxide), alcohol denat., phenoxyethanol.

on 4/19/2014 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I should have written a review on this long ago. I have the world's most irritable skin, as in tears cause blisters on it, very oily, also flakey at times, acne prone, and many skin allergies. This is the only facial cleanser I have ever used without issue. I have used it for 2 years straight and my skin still likes it. A few weeks ago I went out of town and used someone else's sensitive skin soap because I forgot mine, after one use my skin freaked out and went on strike. After there days of going back to this it was all happy again.

For anyone else out there with problem skin, this might help:

Morning: this cleanser followed by a light layer of raw unrefined Shea butter

Evening,: Burt's bees sensitive skin face wipes followed by maracuja oil

Makeup: smashbox photo ready bb cream, tarte Amazonian clay air buffed powder foundation, lorac touch up to go concealer

Scrub: this cleanser mixed with some sugar, or the BB peach scrub. Only once per week.

I honestly don't know where my skin would be without this product

on 4/5/2014 11:25:00 PM

I can't believe I have walked past this product in the store so many times over the years. The reviews for Burt's Bees products are usually mixed so I was hesitant to throw away money on yet another product that won't work but I tried it and am so glad I did. I have very dry, sensitive skin and find it very hard to keep it moisturized without making it oily and breaking out (especially in the winter). What I love about this product is that it is not a soap and so it doesn't strip away the natural moisture of your skin. It leaves my skin feeling thoroughly cleansed and hydrated.

I purchased this product 3 days ago and I was very skeptical about t because I have purchased so many neutrogena, cetaphil, clean and clear etc cleansers that I thought this one would be no different. When I put the cleanser on... My skin felt amazing. It didn't irritate it, or cause dryness. I have combination to oily skin but usually after cleansing the skin feels really dry. It didn't happen with this cleanser! I'm gonna keep using it because my skin is very sensitive and this removes my thick eye makeup very well. I'm currently on tretinoin so my skin is very sensitive and this cleanser will help my skin feel better. I love it.

on 2/2/2014 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this along with two other burts bees face cleansers for my winter dry skin. This was just too much for me. I felt like I was washing my face with a moisturizer. I was left with a filmy oily unclean face.

on 12/31/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This gives me a perfect amount of moisture and does not strip my skin. I'm quite dry and sensitive now due to the weather and it works for me. I use this in the morning for fresh skin, but I don't use it at night to remove makeup.

on 12/3/2013 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I decided to try this cleanser because I wanted something moisturizing for winter, but I think this is too much for my dehydrated oily skin.

The cleanser is creamy, but it's creamy in a thick, uncomfortable way. I thought it would be similar to the Earth Science ADE creamy cleanser, which is like a runny white lotion. This is more like a lotion that is thick and slightly translucent -- you know, the kind that leaves a residue and doesn't sink in very well.

Continuing on that note, my main issue with this cleanser is that it leaves an uncomfortable residue. Earth Science washed away nicely, and while it did leave a residue, it was a comfortable one that made my skin feel soft and hydrated. On my skin, Pond's works the same way as well (I wipe off with a tissue, then use a warm cloth). This Burt's Bees cleanser was completely different. I felt like I had an oily barrier on my face that neither sank in nor washed off. My skin felt better after patting my face dry with a towel, but it didn't feel hydrated, and I still felt like there was a film. A warm washcloth didn't help either.

on 11/14/2013 8:12:00 PM

So far I like this. I have oily skin and this has a lot of oils in it, but it leaves my skin soft, and removes a decent amount of makeup. I used the BB's sensitive skin wipes before this and they worked well, but I feel like I'm getting a better value with this product. Most cleansers that remove makeup this well also leave my face so so dry, and I can't use any moisturizers without getting cystic acne, so this is the perfect medium, a moisturizing face wash. Good for days when you don't have heavy makeup. I probably won't repurchase, and will probably use the rest as a body wash.

on 9/17/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I took me a couple weeks of using this product to decide how I felt about it. When I first started using it, I wasn't sure I liked it. I'm not really sure why. But the longer I use it, the more I love it. This is the first Burt's Bees product I've tried. I was drawn to this product because it is hypoallergic, designed especially for sensitive skin, moisturizing, fragrance free, and most important of all (for me anyway) soap free. I can't use any type of bar soap. I've tried every brand on the market and it all makes me itch like crazy. I had been using Clean and Clear Advantage OiI Control Cleanser. But I felt it was too harsh and wasn't really doing the job controlling the oil on my face. didn't really have high expectations for this product. But I thought it was worth a try. I purchased it at Target for $9.99. It's a little on the expensive side as far as facial cleansers go, but it is defintiely worth the money in my opinion.

A few months back, I tried the Olay Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser and hated it.

This is definitely a no-frills facial cleanser. It has a thick, rich, texture. When you apply it to your face, it feels great. Very cooling and creamy. It also doesn't foam. It doesn't bother me at all, but it might some people. A previous reviewer stated that this cream was hard to rinse off and left a film on her face. I haven't experienced that at all. In my experience, this cleanser rinses off easily and completely with very little effort. It leaves your face feeling soft and clean. I also like that it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight the way a lot of facial cleansers do.

But the best thing about this cleanser is how well it controls oil. Since I've started using this facial cleanser I've noticed a major difference in the how oily my skin is. Before, even with primer, I would get 4-5 hours of decent wear before my makeup started breaking up and disappearing. Now, my primer works the way it is supposed to, which helps my makeup stay on a lot longer. Now, I get about 10-11 hours of decent wear before my makeup starts disappearing. That is a major improvement in my book.

My skin is annoyingly sensitive and this cleanser doesn't bother or irritate it at all. This is a fabulous cleanser for people with skin that is both oily and sensitive.

Edit 3/23/14
A couple weeks ago, I started using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. It's a much bigger bottle and the generic brands costs about $3 less than the Burt's Bees. The Burt's Bees product is a okay cleanser, but it doesn't even come close to the Cetaphil. With this product, you only get 5 oz of product for almost 10 bucks. I was going through about a tube about once a month. The Cetaphil cleanser doesn't irritate my skin, and my skin definitely feels cleaner than with the Burt's Bee's cleanser. I am sticking with the Cetaphil and won't be repurchasing this.

on 8/26/2013 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser...before this I was making my own oatmeal cleanser which was a huge pain! You only need a dime size amount as mentioned below and it's creamy..there is no scent and although it doesn't get off my eye makeup entirely, no face wash has ever done that, nor would I want it to because it would probably be too harsh and scrubbing my eyes isn't an option. So, I have always preferred using a wet hot cotton swab and cleaning any excess. My skin is very sensitive/allergic and rosacea prone. I also use the moisturizer from the line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LIKED this cleanser, didn't exactly love it.

First the pros:

- its gentle and did not irritate my sensitive skin
- its moisturizing
- it removes face makeup well
- it left my skin with a nice even tone (no red patches)
- there's no scent (I dislike a scent in facial products)

Now the cons:

- it does not remove eye makeup, a separate eye makeup remover is needed
- it does not control oil, my skin was super shiny within a hour or so of cleansing
- the cleanser and moisturizer combo doesn't create the ideal base for makeup application
- it doesn't clear blocked pores / black heads

Overall it is a nice cleanser. I think though its ideal for someone with normal to dry sensitive skin, not oily.