November 26, 2014 | 1733 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ElleeA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes are long and I do not wear fake eyelashes so I tried this product to see if it would give me that false lash effect and it did! For a product at this price I would say it works very well. Normally I use MAC mascara but I needed to get something quick without going to the mall and I am very satisfied with the results. It washes of very easy for me and to avoid clumping be very patient and careful when applying. It definitely extends your lashes. I definitely would recommend this product because of the price and results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bujiyama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't a mascara person until now. I have had long dark eyelashes my whole life, and then menopause began to hit. My eyelashes have become sparser and need some help. Ouch! So, I've been trying different mascaras. Got this one after reading "How to Look Expensive" by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig. She mentions the "tubing" quality of L'Oreal mascaras and how they stay put but easily wash off. After over-scrubbing to remove waterproof varieties in other brands, this is a valuable quality for me. So I tried this without expecting much.

I'm happily surprised and LOVE it! My lashes are now volumized to look even better than when I was younger, and there's no smudging. No clumping! Not waterproof, but that's why I got it. Easily washes off with normal face cleanser. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the best luck with L'oreal mascaras, that's all I buy at this point. Its crazy that mostly everyone hates L'oreal mascaras, but they work so well for me, and almost all of them are HG! I love this one in particular because its a drier formula which is so much easier to build without clumping. I can pile it on for extra drama without worrying about it clumping or looking spidery. I like the packaging, the brush, and the pigmentation. Its very similar to my previous HG mascara, L'oreal's Power Volume 24 HR Black Smoke so I still alternate between the two, but False Fiber Lashes is muchhhh more dry. If you don't like dry formulas, don't go for this, but if you want the same effect with a more wet formula, try the Black Smoke :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I have smaller, hooded eyes and non-existent lashes so obviously I wear mascara almost every day. While this mascara gave me good length, and decent volume - the flaking is unbelievable. Even with a lash primer, or sealer or whatever else I tried to make it work - it still flaked under my eyes badly within 2-3 hours. I'm talking full-blown flake carpet under my eyes within 3 hours, NOT like 2 miniscule flakes.

I've never had a mascara flake so badly on me, but yet look good - so I hate to give it a low score, but really the flaking is beyond acceptable and I can't be wiping under my eyes 10x a day at work. I'll stick with my current favourite, L'oreal Butterfly lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Decided to try this on a haul at Target. While it does offer some length and a bit of fullness it's not giving me any False lash effect. The wand is VERY long bit bendy. The color is very black but In order for this not to clump I had to use a base coat of Etude and a coat of clump crusher before applying this. It went on fine then but I noticed about 1/2 way though my day I had flakes and smudging. I will say take off was very easy with my cream Clinque remover.

I love L'oreal products especially their mascaras this one is a bit of a fail for me. I would rather buy the Butterfly effect than this one or the Essence I love Crazy lashes product. I does work for me and is only a couple of bucks vs. $7+.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by KailieEmelia

I've read a lot of the recent reviews on this mascara but I went ahead and purchased it anyways and honestly I am glad that I did. I'm not sure if it worked so great because I already have long eyelashes though. I did notice that if you don't comb your eyelashes they may stick together a bit, but that's just like any other mascara. This was a good purchase and it certainly makes my eyes pop even more. The only downside is I think I may have to use a bit more eye makeup remover to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I like this mascara, it does provide a false look, but you have to be careful. It can look spidery if you keep piling it on. I roll it on slowly and use 3 coats. If you use more than that you get that spider legs look and if you put it on too fast you get it.

One of those mascaras that is better used with another to get the real fake look. I haven't had it smudge or anything, so it's a good mascara in that aspect. Don't expect miracles though, I have yet to come across a "false lash" mascara that actually "looks" like false lashes. This does look good though and the packaging (which I don't care about) is very sleek and high-end. It's gold and nice looking. Something you could take in your purse to work etc and look really high-end if you're into that sort of thing.

Overall, great mascara just be careful applying it and it's not one of those brush on and go types. You do have to work with it. Using a metal comb gives the best results after I have found. I have it on now again and my lashes are very long and thick with it. I keep seeing them as I blink, lol.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointing. Doesn't hold a curl or provide decent volume. My lashes look anything but false! This seems to dry out super fast too, and I've only been using this for one week!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I seem to have bad luck with all L'oreal mascaras and this is no exception. I bought this fiber formula hoping would it would not smudge but not the case. I slapped on three coats at 8am and already have a brownish black halo under both eyes, on top of powdered skin, at 1020am on a very dry winter day, no humidity at all. I have very short straight Asian lashes and did give 2 lippies for the good lengthening and curl hold but otherwise, this is not a good one for me sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Margeilles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like to use this with the Telescopic Mascara and it will make my lashes look like they are to full and long as if they were fake.