October 30, 2014 | 1189 users online

Fragrances - Pacifica - Island Vanilla

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by meganhowdy

simple and nice scent. good for cool summer too beginning of fall night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

Update. After wearing it for about an hour it begins to smell like a vanilla-y smoking lounge. Not exactly pleasant. I may try mixing it with something else in the future but for now it's relegated to the back of the drawer.

Bought the Island Vanilla rollerball online. I usually don't buy perfume without smelling it first but the description and the reviews + the natural ingredients made it a must try. I'd taken a whiff of some of the other scents a few years ago and just didn't find one I liked enough to wear but I've been on a vanilla kick lately so decided to give them another try.

At first it's a little less vanilla and a little more incense-y. Not the cough your way out of a head shop way, but a sophisticated hippie chic with a perfectly balanced background of florals. No sharp notes to sting your nose (once the alcohol evaporates) like those found in the VS Angel line.

The dry down has quite a bit more vanilla and I'm a fan. The deep incense quality is still there but is a supporting actor. Not exactly a gourmand but close, as if there were cookies baking somewhere down the road so every now and then the breeze will waft it by. However the subtle florals and warm "femme fatale slinking into a private eye's office" feeling balance the vanilla creating a sultry and intriguing aroma.

My only problem is while my BF likes it he likes it best when I apply it sparingly. If I go overboard, which is surprisingly easy to do with this one (must be my body chemistry), I get a little wince from him. I don't blame him since I feel the same way. While it's easily warn all year it really feels like a fall/winter home run. Now, if only winter wasn't months away!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

You know, I like this scent, but I don't LOVE it. The vanilla smells amazing, but the lemon note puts me off. But everytime I wear it, every guy I know is like "Oooh you smell so yummy!". So just because of that I'll keep wearing it until I am done with what I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the solid version of this perfume. As much as prefer applying a rollerball, I found the solid version of this particular scent more appealing. I love wearing this on its own but it is also great for mixing with other fragrances, Pacifica scents or otherwise. Just recently I discovered it smells quite lovely with Pacifica's Ruby Guava rollerball offering.
I quite enjoy the tin packaging as it is easy to just toss in my purse without worry of it spilling, the lid has remained secure thus far. The solid perfumes are also several dollars cheaper, which is great if you want to test out a fragrance before committing to a bigger size, the only downside being that the solids can smell quite different from their liquid counterparts so keep this in mind. I found the liquid version of this particular scent to smell quite generic and overly sweet, while the solid smelled just right.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Vanilla is one of the longest-lasting scents from Pacifica, and I wear this perfume a couple of times a week. I think the best compliment would be to say that you could wear this scent on a plane -- it just smells like vanilla. Nothing strong or overpowering or headache-inducing. I usually layer it with another Pacifica scent.
ETA-- I don't wear this scent anymore. I got tired of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Tamaswini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favorite fragrance. I love that itís a ďsimpleĒ smell, in the sense that you can really tell that it smells like vanilla.
The only reason why it doesnít get 5 out of 5 is that the staying power could be better, but since itís a natural perfume itís what I expected.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Rocki

I went to this beauty supply store yesterday, and they had rollerballs of all the Pacifica fragrances. I tried this one, to me, not so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This opens with a bright, tropical, citrusy pineapple note, and a drizzling of honey and vanilla (almost what I imagine Pineapple Upside Down Cake would smell like). The jasmine is present, but way in the background. This stage dissipates almost as soon as you experience it, and the fragrance morphs into a warmer, beautiful, honey-sweetened vanilla tea. Then, it makes the transition to Angel Food Cake, then leaves its last few traces of foody vanilla before making a discreet exit. This fragrance is very sweet and ever so slightly boozy, but not sickening, and surprisingly wearable for even the warmer months. Much to my delight, I get about 10 hours on my skin, though it only seems to project for the first few. But it passed my "Spray it at night, still smell it the next morning" test, so I'm satisfied :)

Overall, I am very impressed. This is so inexpensive, but doesn't smell cheap to me at all. The low price point and high quality are incentives enough to check out this line, but the company's ethos is just unbeatable. A very good blind buy, indeed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Cedarsterling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*perfect* vanilla- which I have been recently searching for. not too complicated, or heavy. Subtle yet sexy. It's amazing that it's under 20$. Only gripe is that Pacifica perfumes (aside from the roll-ons) do not seem to come with caps- hence exposed atomizer. So happy I found this today!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this scent! It doesn't have a fake or overly sickly sweet scent like some vanilla fragrances can have. This is not a "one note" vanilla, it's complex. You smell sweet vanilla with jasmine, honey and tea. I love the roller ball, I leave it in my purse for touch ups. I love the fact that it's cruelty free and phthalate free.