NYX Slide On Pencil - Jet Black

3.8

Smudges very easily and runs :( Its nicely pigmented though.

on 6/8/2013 1:54:00 AM

Great eyeliner! The better and affordable version of UD eyeliners! These are better than any high end eyeliner you can buy. Worth every penny, will not regret purchasing it.

on 5/30/2013 8:43:00 PM

I love this pencil. It makes the whites of my eyes pop. It's almost a blue-black. Not that you see blue per se, but it's a very inky black almost like a liquid liner but not as harsh looking. It goes on easily and it lasts all day. NYX is hit or miss--maybe more hit than miss. But I really love their make up over all.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I use this on the upper waterline, working it into the lashes from below. I have droopy lids, so using a regular eyeliner just ends up looking like I have black shadow on when my eyes are open, so this technique is the answer. The liner goes on so smoothly and is darkly pigmented. It also stays in my lash line all day.

I was using a cheap-o Wet and Wild sharpener, which broke every pencil I put in it. Bought the NYX one and it works like a dream.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have both black and brown perfection. The black is my new HG eyeliner. It's more than comparable to UD 24/7 or MUFE's eyeliner--when it's on I can't tell the difference. The black pigment is a bit darker/richer with NYX, and I can do multiple swipes without the liner getting crumbly or pulling on itself. Once it sets it wears a bit better than either HE eyeliner--less smudging or wearing off at the corner of my eyes (my eyes tend to water a bit sometimes). I hate to be so cliche, but slide-on eye pencils go on like softened butter. Since they are so soft I do tend to re-sharpen each time I use these. Because the eyeliner wears so well I don't see that as much of a negative. It does smudge easily before it sets--so if you're wanting a clean line don't touch it. If you want a smudge-y looks it'll do that as well.

In short: awesome color selections and awesome staying power. Best eyeliner I've used at any price.

on 12/22/2012 5:53:00 AM

i was so excited to try this product after i've read some glowing reviews about this. unfortunately, it didnt perform well on me. it smudges after 4-6 hours of wear. but, this glides on like butter. no tug or pull at all. it also does not fade for a full work day (12 hours). i just couldnt stand the smudging.

on 11/18/2012 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product isn't TERRIBLE but it isn't good.

I have very hooded eyelids and it definitely is not as waterproof as it claims. It wears throughout the days and smudges on me pretty bad, maybe not as bad as other pencil liners ... but pretty bad. I also don't like how when it smudges you can tell its one of those blacks on the more blue-side which personally looks unflattering (that's being EXTREMELY picky though). I also don't like how you can't twist it to get more product, I will have to separately buy a pencil sharpener for this eyeliner if I want to use more of it (which I don't).

It is very creamy though and easy to apply. Would probably work for people who have prominent double eyelids and don't have to worry about smudging so much.

on 10/28/2012 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I heard so much about NYX that I went crazy at an Ulta sale and got 15 items to try out the line. I have hooded Asian eyes so DEEPEST DARK BLACK and no smudge are a must. I love UD liners as well as a few Shu Uemura ones but am always searching for a blacker or newer color.

First, the color is very deep black so had high hopes for this liner. Goes on creamy and easy to push into the base of lashes. But even though I set it with NYX, MAC, UD, or Nars shadow, this liner smudges nonstop. I even blotted underneath the lashes and heavily powdered under my lower lash line to try to prevent becoming a racoon intermittently throughout the day. No such luck. Even Skindivania setting spray doesn't prevent the fading and smudging.

I do like the color and it's so affordable that I am loathe to give up on them. But having tried Black and Gunmetal colors, I can say I have to retreat back to UD.

May be a good liner if you have more "upturned" lids. By the way, I have permed lashes so I know it's not creeping down my lashes like eyeliners tend to do on straight lashes.

on 8/9/2012 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Help yeah I would buy this again I love it!! Plus I might actually finish this eyeliner I. I have had this for about 6 months and I am about half way down now. I might actually finish it off and I have never done that with a black before. I usually end up trying something else. Also when I wear this on the water line . I dont get a huge black eye booger like I have with other black liners lol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST PENCIL LINER I HAVE EVER USED. love urban decay's 24/7 liner in zero? THIS IS EVEN BETTER. it is so extremely pigmented- a true, matte, dark black. It glides on like butter to my waterline / tight line and stays put ALL DAY. don't waste 20 bucks on the UD one , this is so much better!! I got it at ULTA for about $7.