November 26, 2014 | 1603 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Slide On Pencil - Jet Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

i was so excited to try this product after i've read some glowing reviews about this. unfortunately, it didnt perform well on me. it smudges after 4-6 hours of wear. but, this glides on like butter. no tug or pull at all. it also does not fade for a full work day (12 hours). i just couldnt stand the smudging.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product isn't TERRIBLE but it isn't good.

I have very hooded eyelids and it definitely is not as waterproof as it claims. It wears throughout the days and smudges on me pretty bad, maybe not as bad as other pencil liners ... but pretty bad. I also don't like how when it smudges you can tell its one of those blacks on the more blue-side which personally looks unflattering (that's being EXTREMELY picky though). I also don't like how you can't twist it to get more product, I will have to separately buy a pencil sharpener for this eyeliner if I want to use more of it (which I don't).

It is very creamy though and easy to apply. Would probably work for people who have prominent double eyelids and don't have to worry about smudging so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard so much about NYX that I went crazy at an Ulta sale and got 15 items to try out the line. I have hooded Asian eyes so DEEPEST DARK BLACK and no smudge are a must. I love UD liners as well as a few Shu Uemura ones but am always searching for a blacker or newer color.

First, the color is very deep black so had high hopes for this liner. Goes on creamy and easy to push into the base of lashes. But even though I set it with NYX, MAC, UD, or Nars shadow, this liner smudges nonstop. I even blotted underneath the lashes and heavily powdered under my lower lash line to try to prevent becoming a racoon intermittently throughout the day. No such luck. Even Skindivania setting spray doesn't prevent the fading and smudging.

I do like the color and it's so affordable that I am loathe to give up on them. But having tried Black and Gunmetal colors, I can say I have to retreat back to UD.

May be a good liner if you have more "upturned" lids. By the way, I have permed lashes so I know it's not creeping down my lashes like eyeliners tend to do on straight lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ambsoph1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Help yeah I would buy this again I love it!! Plus I might actually finish this eyeliner I. I have had this for about 6 months and I am about half way down now. I might actually finish it off and I have never done that with a black before. I usually end up trying something else. Also when I wear this on the water line . I dont get a huge black eye booger like I have with other black liners lol.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST PENCIL LINER I HAVE EVER USED. love urban decay's 24/7 liner in zero? THIS IS EVEN BETTER. it is so extremely pigmented- a true, matte, dark black. It glides on like butter to my waterline / tight line and stays put ALL DAY. don't waste 20 bucks on the UD one , this is so much better!! I got it at ULTA for about $7.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by anee

It is a great product for people who are looking for dark black eye pencil. It lasts 4 to 5 hours long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by theduhanswer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i wish i had the amazing experience everyone else did with this liner. yes, it's jet black, butter smooth, and easy to apply. but it faded away from my upper lid quickly, and migrated within an hour from my waterline to my lower lid (much faster than other eyeliners have done in the past). essentially, i looked like a melodramatic raccoon within two hours of leaving my house. le sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh. HG black eyeliner. Before I found this I used Tarte emphasEYES amazonian clay gel liner, but that was in a pot and it took work to get a precise line and not to mention that it is very expensive. This is basically that in a pencil. The are definitely UD 24/7 liner dupes. The color range of these is incredible. This is pigmented-VERY! I like the creaminess and the ease to put this one. It literally take less than a minute to do both eyes. This doesn't smudge AT ALL! It lasts all day on the waterline, which most pencil liners don't(I'm looking at you Estee Lauder!) I absolutely love it and will be getting more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have several of these but the jet black was the one that sold me because it's a dark black liner that actually stays on my waterline for a good 10-12 hours. If definitely lasts during my work shift and usually a little bit longer. I recently just bought a second one because i have such good results with the first one. I'm still testing out other colors, so I will review those next.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by thatpotterkid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YAY! I had heard so much about this product- and i was super excited to try it out. When I tested it out at ULTA I fell in love. The formula glid(?) on so smoothly, and i hardly needed any pressure at all to get a solid black line.
The drawback is that it's not a pencil that can be sharpened- so if you're someone like me who uses black eyeliner every day, this pencil might last you two weeks. I bought an ULTA brand black eyeliner pencil, granted it was not nearly a good of a product as this, but it lasted me like- six months. I now use the black for special occasions, and use a different one for every day. An excellent product though! Very nice NYX!