August 22, 2014 | 1036 users online

Fragrances - Clean - Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by bfever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE clean products, I'm a huge fan of strong, musky perfumes as well as soft, clean laundry type scents. This particular clean fragrance is very different from the regular, powdery scents that clean offers and I love it. I guess it's supposed to represent the scent of clean, fresh skin. It's perfect for everyday use and running errands-I'm almost through with my bottle and I'll definitely purchase this one again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Don't be misled by the name, it doesn't smell like skin, at least in my opinion. It is a nice light musky smell, I would say.
The drawback is it doesn't stay at all. But the bottle is not big so it is convenient to take along to reapply. Guess you can't expect staying power to be very good for the price you pay.
For me it works well when I don't want anything too much on my skin and yet want some hint of scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't usually go for this type of fragrance, but I really liked the light musk. It isn't cloying at all, can be used for warm and cool weather.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by itsmecass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to give something a low rating for doing what it claims. This was not what I expected when I thought of "skin" but actually really does smell like...SOMEONE's skin. Not mine. This made me feel like I had invaded someone's personal space and couldn't get their smell off me. Reminded me of high school sleepovers, feels like being pressed up against another woman (I feel like a single guy might like to spray his pillow with this lol). This smells like the natural body scent you try to cover up with fragrance...which kind of defeats the purpose.

I do find it alternatingly intriguing and repulsive so I MAY repurchase (if I can get it for cheap or just keep samples around) for the times when my curiousity and intrigue get the best of me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ACJ78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$70 for egyptian musk? Yeah, no thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this but I don't know how to describe it. I do know that I am gonna buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by dsmac085

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a Clean set with 5 fragrances and little matching lotions and got Skin as a sample. I finally tried it and it's my favorite of the clean fragrances I've tried.
First off, since I'm a fan of light scents I know going in that certain brands have limited staying power such as Clean brand. I read the scent profile and not being that discerning--I don't get all the top, mid and bottom notes but a few work well with my chemistry--luckily they are ones I like. I get a sharp first hit of water/aquatic that fades and end up mixing in with the very light musk. If this were a strong musk I would have to dump it with a friend as my skin and strong musk don't mix. This is soft on me and I've had a compliment on it hours after I stopped smelling it.
Will definitely be using this one for as long as they keep making it. I would suggest that if you are iffy on it--try it from someplace like QVC or HSN--one of them sells Clean products--just for the easy return policy-within 30 days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

It's interesting that I'm not the only one who thinks this smells like dryer sheets. I get a slightly powdery mix of dryer sheets, maybe mild cleaning solution, faint vanilla, and a lot of musk (I guess that's the "skin" aspect). It's not a terrible fragrance, although there is something sharp and squeaky about it that hits the back of my nose in an unpleasant way, much like the chemically perfume of, what do you know, dryer sheets or cleaning products (except many of those smell better). Very unimpressive. They're nuts if they think I'm going to pay $70 for what is essentially a mediocre, cheap-smelling musk perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I'm not a fan of Clean but I received Skin as a sample and it's the only Clean fragrance that I like. Skin is very masculine not frilly or fruity at all. I can smell a bit of vanilla and a hint of linen and some musk. It's not complicated or overpowering. It can be worn as an everyday scent as well as year round. The scent fades considerably as the days goes on. Not much staying power with this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with one of the previous reviews below mine, I do agree that this reminds me of a dryer sheet. I have been wanting to try this for a few weeks now and recently snagged some samples. Out of all of their fragrances, Skin sounded the most appealing to me. However, I don't seem to get any of the "skin" notes that other people are getting or woodsy notes. Instead, on me, it smells like a very faint B&BW Cucumber Melon as it dries down. It doesn't last very long either. In my opinion, this scent doesn't live up to it's hype. Onto the next one!