April 24, 2014 | 1915 users online

Fragrances - Clean - Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ACJ78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$70 for egyptian musk? Yeah, no thanks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this but I don't know how to describe it. I do know that I am gonna buy this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by dsmac085

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a Clean set with 5 fragrances and little matching lotions and got Skin as a sample. I finally tried it and it's my favorite of the clean fragrances I've tried.
First off, since I'm a fan of light scents I know going in that certain brands have limited staying power such as Clean brand. I read the scent profile and not being that discerning--I don't get all the top, mid and bottom notes but a few work well with my chemistry--luckily they are ones I like. I get a sharp first hit of water/aquatic that fades and end up mixing in with the very light musk. If this were a strong musk I would have to dump it with a friend as my skin and strong musk don't mix. This is soft on me and I've had a compliment on it hours after I stopped smelling it.
Will definitely be using this one for as long as they keep making it. I would suggest that if you are iffy on it--try it from someplace like QVC or HSN--one of them sells Clean products--just for the easy return policy-within 30 days.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

It's interesting that I'm not the only one who thinks this smells like dryer sheets. I get a slightly powdery mix of dryer sheets, maybe mild cleaning solution, faint vanilla, and a lot of musk (I guess that's the "skin" aspect). It's not a terrible fragrance, although there is something sharp and squeaky about it that hits the back of my nose in an unpleasant way, much like the chemically perfume of, what do you know, dryer sheets or cleaning products (except many of those smell better). Very unimpressive. They're nuts if they think I'm going to pay $70 for what is essentially a mediocre, cheap-smelling musk perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I'm not a fan of Clean but I received Skin as a sample and it's the only Clean fragrance that I like. Skin is very masculine not frilly or fruity at all. I can smell a bit of vanilla and a hint of linen and some musk. It's not complicated or overpowering. It can be worn as an everyday scent as well as year round. The scent fades considerably as the days goes on. Not much staying power with this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with one of the previous reviews below mine, I do agree that this reminds me of a dryer sheet. I have been wanting to try this for a few weeks now and recently snagged some samples. Out of all of their fragrances, Skin sounded the most appealing to me. However, I don't seem to get any of the "skin" notes that other people are getting or woodsy notes. Instead, on me, it smells like a very faint B&BW Cucumber Melon as it dries down. It doesn't last very long either. In my opinion, this scent doesn't live up to it's hype. Onto the next one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by sauce62

Yes!! My new fave. This was love at first sniff. I ordered samples off ebay, and knew it was love right away. I have been searching for this scent for quite a while and have found it!! Like other Clean scents, I wish it lasted longer, but I don't mind reapplying. Soft and subtle, pure soft delight. Can't recommend this enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I loved this at first whiff. I am a 'clean' scent junkie and own many other of the CLEAN fragrances, but this one tops them all by far.

Initially it smells a bit more sweet than clean, but once it dries it smells AMAZING!!! It is a very subtle 'skin' scent, with almost masculine notes. It also lasts on my skin all day but is in no way overpowering.

This is my go-to scent when I'm not sure what else to wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I cannot stand Clean fragrances in general but this is one of the least offensive of the bunch so I give it a three. I do not get the soft, musky skin scent everyone else is talking about. I just get a very very thin "clean" dryer sheet type scent w/ maybe a touch of a skinscent. There is also something fairly sweet about this fragrance that I do not like. That is one of the things I like least about this fragrance, the odd sweet note.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I just had to have this fragrance as soon as I smelled it. I find it very difficult to pick out the individual notes in this, everything blends really well. It's not a fragrance that you could instantly recognize on someone as it just smells like clean skin. It's not harsh or overbearing but I wish it would last longer on my skin. Haven't seen a matching body lotion for this but I would definitely purchase it if it is ever introduced. Love this fragrance, I smell so clean when I wear it!