Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

on 2/28/2015 1:46:00 PM

after being recommended by a friend to invest in chanel foundation I must admit I was left disappointed. At first the foundation looks natural but it is hard to build up coverage without it looking too cakey. After a few hours the foundation would start to separate from my skin leaving it very oily and shiny. Doesn't last very long and after a few hours when i wipe my face there is no foundation on the wipe. Overall it gives a natural look but leaves combination skin oilier and the need to blot/ powder numerous times throughout the day.

on 2/14/2015 3:17:00 AM

I bought this in hopes of something to replace my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. As I am aging a bit I am looking to steer away from the super matte finishes and look for something a little more natural looking. I also prefer something with full coverage and long wear.

I was happy Chanel had fair colors of this foundation to match my NW10-NW13 skin tone however I am more neutral not pink. I got the shade B10 which is the lightest beige color but pretty yellow. It matched going on but oxidized to a darker shade; one being too dark for me. Although neutral I can get away with wearing cool tones too so I tried the B12 beige rose shade but it also oxidized and was too dark. Huge bummer! Keep in mind that foundation seems prone to doing so, so pick out a lighter shade (if they have one available.)

The finish was beautiful and looked lovely and natural. Mostly a soft matte. I did get a tiny bit shiny about 4 hours of wear in my tzone and got about 8 hours of wear out of it total.

It reminds me a bit of MAC Pro Longwear, except the coverage (Chanel) is slightly more and this (Chanel) foundation is way more blendable and forgiving. For less than half the price though the MAC might be more bang for your buck. The Pro Longwear lasted longer (10-12 hours) on me and they have more shades to choose from.

on 1/24/2015 12:28:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for years, but I haven't really been using lots of different types of foundation. My skin is pretty unpredictable, and this foundation has worked for my oily, acne-prone/breakout skin, and now is working for my blemished, acne-scarred skin. It provides medium coverage, but you'd have to cake quite a lot on if you wanted full coverage so if you're like me, with scarred skin, you'd still need a concealer. It's fairly pricey though, so it's not something that I would keep purchasing if I wore foundation as my everyday must-do makeup. It leaves a good finish, without getting too oily on my oily t-zone, and doesn't dry out to leave my scars flaky at the end of the day.

I've used Chanel foundation for years, and this foundation does not have enough coverage to me, but it does give a natural appearance as if you aren't wearing makeup. I do have to use powder with this for coverage. This foundation is awesome in the area of keeping oil at bay, you will never have a shiny forehead after wearing this foundation. There were other Chanel foundations that Chanel discontinued that were awesome! The downside is that you might find an awesome shade that matches your skin tone perfectly, and Chanel will discontinue it. You have to go and find another foundation and shade to match your skin tone all over again. Chanel has done this for years and I wish they would quit discontinuing stuff.

on 1/18/2015 11:47:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this foundation.

After trying lift lumiere, vitalumiere aqua, I have to say this is my top

I suffer from occasional acne, and this foundation is the only one that makes my complexion look even. In my honest opinion, I wish their was a better color selection. I feel like the colors tend to go orange on the skin. Regardless, I make it work.

Try out a sample, I'm sure you'll enjoy this luxurious foundation.

on 1/12/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like this foundation and had such high hopes for it. I couldn't wait to use it! However it just wasn't for me.

I have complete combination/oily/acne prone/dry in certain places skin.
I got this foundation as i wanted something lighter and less harsh on my skin that ELDW. I also thought that Chanel being a premium brand would have brilliant foundations as i've used other products of theres that i continuoulsy repurchased.

It smelt lovely, but the purfume & alcohol in this product did not agree with my skin! It glided on very easily applied with a RT stippling brush and then patted on with fingers where extra coverage was required. Its a light-medium coverage foundation (depending on how its applied).
It finishes semi matte, making skin look & feel flawless, my skin just glowed in every light, it had never looked that perfect before!! I never set it, but I couldn't believe how good it made my skin look, i honestly thought it was going to be my HG foundation but sadly it wasnt:(
I was matched to shade 40 beige which seemed a little pale for my skintone & after just a few hours it oxidised an awful orange colour and after about 3 hours i'm pretty sure you could of powered a city off the oil on my face! It looked disgusting, just sliding eveywhere.

To make things worse after about 5hours of wearing the foundation my skin started to itch and feel really iritated so i took it off. My skin completely reacted to it, was bright red and had broke out pretty much straight away! I've NEVER ever reacted like that to any facial product my skin was itchy for about 2 days after it aswel boooooooo!!!!

I really really wanted to like this foundation as its so light airy, and goes on perfect, however i believe the fact its highly perfumed & contains alcohol was the reason for my reaction!

For people with normal skin that isnt very sensitive i imagine it'd be perfect, for oily girls i don't see how it would work and for girls with sensitve skin i'm going to predict it's be hell for you too!

on 1/8/2015 5:02:00 PM

I was looking for something to replace my EL Double Wear with something lighter and more natural. This smelled lovely (though a little strong) and had a pleasant gel-like, very light texture. Finish was fairly matte, with light-medium coverage - I needed to spot conceal my many imperfections. It looked beautiful after application, and appeared to blur the appearance of small bumps, especially under a thin dusting of MAC Mineralize powder.

BUT, colour appears to oxidize some. Oily areas of my face (T-zone) quickly ate up the foundation, leaving coverage patchy after only ~3 hours. After several days of use, the skin around my nostrils and around my mouth became very dry, which was surprising for a combination-skinned gal like me! Some clogged pores became apparent too :(

Overall, this looks nice for 3 hours after application, but is definitely not a keeper.

on 12/25/2014 12:40:00 PM

Good coverage with nice velvet texture - absolutely love to apply it on my face and how i look with this foundation! Living in hot and humid country, my skin does get oily after half a day but no smudge and face still looks good (ignoring a bit of shine that can be wiped away with blotting paper). My main problem though is that I have sensitive acne-prone combination skin and this foundation gives me clogged pores after a few days of usage. These clogged pores seen as small bumps all over face are rather difficult to remove and i have to stop using the foundation for about a week until my face is clear again.

Lid is easy to come off and pump leaves residues after use - waste of the foundation and leave messy trace of dry liquid. Really want to love it but will not repurchase as i want to try other foundations that wouldnt clog my pores.

on 12/18/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ladies, do not buy this if you have really OILY skin. I have combination to oily skin (littler drier in the winter), the foundation looks firstly really flawless on my skin. By afternoon I start to be quite shiny and need to use blotting paper. it is quite ok in the winter, but definitely would not best pick for summer. If you have combination/oily, go for Velvet version rather

Pros: amazing range of shades and undertones; really longlasting, effective and luxury packing

Cons: would not recommend for really oily skin type; a bit pricey:/ but worth the try; strong smell

I bought this few months ago and been on and off it. While it performed good in mild European weather it made me feel absolutely horrible in hot humid Asian climate. Now it's winter (Europe again) and it requires strong moisturizer to keep my combination skin from drying under it. At its best it's a good product: it gives my skin nice glow, doesn't feel heavy once properly absorbed and conceals minor imperfections (but again I have very few). i didn't have issues with applying it. It won't do any wonders if you have bad skin or wrinkles though. The pump is very sensitive and leaves a batch of product to dry which is a waste and creates problems with every new application. I will not repurchase this product as I believe there's better stuff out there for me