Chanel Perfection Lumiere

3.4

ACTIVE INGREDIENT(S) TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.1% . INACTIVE INGREDIENTS AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE/DIMETHICONOL CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, HYDROLYZED ALGIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ISOCETETH-10, ZINC SULFATE, HYDRATED SILICA, DENATONIUM BENZOATE [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA]

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for a few years now. Sometimes its HG and sometimes its not. Really depends on what phase my skin is in and totally makes a difference what time of year it is if I look dry or oily. Not going to lie, I have tried several times to find other foundations. But because I am of darker skin tone, its been hard to find a match quite as good as this one. I am a 114 Ambre in this color (7.5 Bobbi Brown, NC45 in MAC).

The bottle lasts a long, long time so don't let the price deter you, I think its price is a lot better than many of the other HE brands. I have never broken out from this brand and I think that is fantastic considering that it is highly scented. If you do end up trying it, get it from Nordstrom... they accept returns even if you have had it for a month. :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation is without a doubt one of my favourites of all time, though I can understand the mixed reviews; allow me to elaborate. First off, I am a foundation junkie. I have tried over 60 foundations (yes, I do keep track so I know what to not buy again!) in my relatively short life and my current collection is comprised of exclusively Chanel foundations which all serve their specific purpose. Chanel foundations always seem to work for my skin type despite my skin's unpredictability between oiliness, acne, dehydration, and texture. For reference, I have combination skin that is oily, with dry patches. The foundation is *very* heavily scented which I think is an immediate negative for a fairly large group of people. I don't mind it, but if you're looking for a Chanel foundation specifically with a less offensive fragrance, Vitalumière Aqua might be a better option for you. The foundation is on the thicker side of liquidy and provides the skin with medium to full coverage and I can rely on it no matter what my skin is going through. The foundation does last on my skin for around 12 hours, but I have never worn it for longer so I can not speak to any wear time claims that exceed that. The foundation is fairly lightweight on the skin and is best applied with the fingertips as per Chanel's recommendations. I always recommend applying foundation with the fingertips regardless because no product is wasted, you can get into all necessary crevices and importantly, your fingers warm up the foundation allowing for a much more "true to coverage", natural looking application. For these reasons, I love the foundation but I believe the reviews are so mixed for these reasons:
a) This is the foundation by Chanel aimed at people with oilier skin types for longer wear time. I personally find that this foundation lasts the entire work day and then some, but the finish is not matter which could be problematic for people with really oily skin. The finish is more of a satiny to dewy finish and if you have really, really oily skin that's probably not the look you are going for.
b) The foundation requires a primer. Any foundation requires a primer for maximum performance. I know a lot of people feel that primers shouldn't be necessary when you are paying $64 for a foundation (which isn't wrong), but I believe luxury brands are just that and the expectation is that you will being doing all the bells and whistles when using luxury makeup (ie, primer). You do not need to buy the Chanel primer, the primer I use is the L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer for the drugstore which works beautifully, and those 2 products in combination with one another are a powerhouse, exceeding what any other foundation has done for me alone.
A potential downfall of this foundation other than scent is that it does have a tendency to cling to dry patches which is less than ideal. I personally don't experience this when I use a primer, (which as I said, I believe is necessary) but on the odd day that I do get lazy and neglect doing so, I do indeed notice that it will gravitate towards dry skin. Overall though, I think this foundation is an excellent product. The packing is impossible to beat in the smoked glass, sleek Chanel bottle, it has excellent wear time and keeps my skin looking flawless all day long. Obviously my statements are just my two cents but I think if you have either disliked this foundation and still have it, or wish to have your best experience with this product that you get your hands on the primer that is right for your skin type and allow that to help you achieve your perfect face. Highly recommended.

I was surprised by the low rating given for this product. I find this foundation to be one of my permanent line up of products. Each time I tried a different foundation, I always go back to this. It really makes me looks perfect and receives multiple compliments on my skin. The only thing is that it doesn't control shine well but blotting and dusting of powder doesn't rub off or make this foundation cakey so that's a win for me. Overall, this is a foundation I'll always have on hand but isn't my HG, I'll continue to search for a better foundation for my skin and hopefully with a smaller price tag too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Many decades ago when Double Perfection Liquid was around, I loved it but then it got discontinued. Since then, Chanel has come up with a handful of foundations that none has been as good for oily skin. I have to say that considering the reviews here and using several samples of this, I really did not think it would work for me but I tried it anyway. Well, for the first 4 hours, no problem, the foundation stayed on. After the fifth hour, my skin started itching and then the foundation melted and left me with a greasy face. And that was the end of the story. It is honestly a shame that you pay so much for a foundation and the company cannot even deliver on its promises.

I had tried a few Chanel foundations years ago and I wasn't impressed. But I thought I would give it another shot. Luckily I took a sample after the sales associate at the Chanel counter applied this to my face. It looked decent at first but it oxidized on me. A lot. And this claims to be long lasting and no it isn't. So oxidizes and doesn't last and it's like $55?! Pass! I have yet to like any of Chanel's foundations.

For the price, I was disappointed. Slides right off by the end of the day, not very long lasting. Coverage is meh. For the price, I was expecting to look flawless, lol! Possibly breaking me out? See a few bumps sprouting in random spots. Nothing I've yet tried compares to EL doublewear. Pretty sure it's the best out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Might buy again, but it's so expensive. I do like Chanel's Double Perfection powder foundation a lot, and might get that instead. It's one of the best powder foundations out there. Or frankly I might just go for something less costly.

PROS:

Nice texture, easy to apply with sponge.

Matte finish that is really demi-matte due to mica in the formula, hence the "lumiere." There is some iridescence to it but the finish is dry. Good for combination or somewhat oily skin.

Nice coverage.

Has SPF 15 which is minimal but better than nothing, and it's titanium dioxide which doesn't bother my skin.

I like my Beige 10 color match. It's a great-looking foundation.

CONS:

I hate that there is fragrance in this. Fragrance isn't good for your face; it's an irritant. It's okay to wear perfume and all that, but unless you have indestructible, perfect acne-free non-sensitive skin, you are better off without it.

$58 is a lot, not the most expensive foundation I've bought, but there are some good ones that are closer to $40.

After wearing this for several hours in humid weather, it does feel like you have something on your face, versus some foundations that feel weightless.

If you are against animal testing, caring companies like Urban Decay have a joyful Leaping Bunny logo and this doesn't.

Sometimes Chanel salespeople are pretentious.

INGREDIENTS:

Active: Titanium Dioxide 3.1%; Other: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methyl Trimethicone, PEG-1O Dimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Algin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isoceteth-10, Zinc Sulfate, Hydrated Silica, Denatonium Benzoate May Contain: Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

I do like this foundation. It requires me to blot mid-day on my nose and t-zone. I've been told I have normal, at times slightly dry skin. The smell of the product is glorious, mmm so pretty. When I do apply this I use a traditional foundation brush and work fast because it dries quickly, once it is set my skin looks matte and flawless. Not the best, not the worst either.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I received this foundation about a week ago and have used it every day with my Sigma F80 flat head kabuki.
On the good side, the 20 Beige is a good color match for my LLL/MMM yellow undertone skin. It looks light going on but after a while it oxidizes and gives me just the right match; so if you are between shades, I'd suggest going to the lighter one.
i always use moisturizer and primer and follow up the makeup with some powder. Well, though it felt drying at first, after a couple hours my forehead and area around my nose was shiney. I blotted with a powder puff which was satisfactory.
I didn't notice any specially good coverage, nor did I detect any 'luminous' look.
When I use this up, I'm going back to my beloved Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan.
This is a nice foundation, but for such a high end one, it was nothing special. Not to mention the floral scent.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Surprised to see the low rating for this. I have skin that one day is very oily and the next it can be flaky and dry. But this foundation wears beautiful no matter how bipolar my skin is acting. It has a lovely smell that does not cause irritation for me. The only thing is the price tag on this... 58$ YIKES! But it's a total splurge/pamper yourself purchase that I actually would pick this up again, once I run out, to wear on days I wanna feel extra pretty. Cause something about knowing a Chanel product is on you adds a little extra to your mood as opposed to wearing MAC or something drugstore lol!