July 31, 2014 | 2152 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by BarbiieXoX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are matte foundations, then there's this.
If you want something to sit on top of your skin, to look old and have powdery skin go for this. Even Mac's Studio Fix is WAY better, even go for Estee Lauder Double Wear, save yourself!

Even their Face Powders - dont look powdery like this foundation.

And you do NOT want to be flash photographed with this on in daytime.
I've tried to love it or even make it look acceptable, tried different ways different brushes different primers, by itself - everything xox

If you must buy this foundation, wear it at night, daytime/sunlight OMG looks like a BAAD powder job. It oxidises and goes ORANGE, Macs Oxidisation looks far more attractive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by xsuperbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always loved Chanel products, so I thought since I've become more of a combination oily skint type recently, I'd give this supposed airbrushes, matte finish a try.
The foundation itself smells lovely and fresh, although the shades are very basic. The 20 Clair is too yellow for my neutral undertone, and the shades above (30) and below (10) are too warm/cool.
Applying this foundation was a task, it was fluid to apply, but was quite difficult to blend. I didn't even know I had dry patches until I tried this foundation! It clung to them all on my forehead. Won't be trying this foundation ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

2nd favourite foundation of all time. I have oily, acne marked skin and it covers and lasts well throughout the day. It has a nice balanced finished which I would describe as velvet, not matte but not glowy either. It can stick to dry areas when I have them so using skin 79s classic BB cream as base works wonders to correct this and makes the foundation last all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get Chanel products where I live, so I was delighted when my sister sent me a nice sized sample of this foundation I heard so much about. The color is 30 Beige and while not 100% perfect' it's not bad. Let's say 95% good.

As for the fdt itself I can't understand what the hype is all about. I did not like this at all (I used it more than once). Coverage is light, so it's no good for me (if I had good skin I wouldn't bother with fdt). It does not give me that almost-airburshed look that I can get even from Almay's Clear Foundation. It makes my skin look thick. And the price is absurd.

All in all, this is not a terrible fdt. But it's not brilliant, either. And it certainly does not meet my needs. The performance does not justify the price. This is just for for Chanel cult-followers.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/oily skin. My face gets oily in the T-section mostly, but I wouldn't say that I am EXTREMELY oily. When wearing this foundation however, after a mere one hour, my face turned into a complete oil slick. It looked disgusting. Never have I had anything like this happen before. First off, it is a NIGHTMARE to blend onto the face (applying with fingers OR a brush). Secondly, the woman who sold me this foundation claimed that it was 'mattifying,' 'oil-free' and their best mattifying/oil-controlling foundation. She assured me it would not get oily. While when first applied it has a very nice natural and illuminating finish, it just does not last. I was literally having to go and touch up my make-up ever hour and as such, my face just ended up looking like a complete mess by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. It has great build-able light to medium coverage, easy to apply and easy to work with (does not dry ultra fast). I find two pumps is more than enough, my favourite application at the moment is with a damp BB or RT sponge. It wears well throughout the day and you still have that fresh look after many hours which is always the sign a foundation is working well for me. I do set this with powder and use various different ones and they all combine well.

It looks neither matte nor dewy but more satiny and smooth - it really is love. I'm an NC15 and have this in 10 Beige. (arm swatch above) its a perfect match. I also have Vitalumiere Aqua but would repurchase this one before that one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by 12345e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

All you oily-skinned girls out there know how hard it is to find a foundation that can withstand your oiliness. I have tried so many foundations and haven't found one that beats this.

I find with Asian skin it's hard to find a perfect match for my skin tone but this is as close as I'm ever going to get.

I still get oily and have to use blotting papers during the day but this foundation lasts the longest. After a 7 hour day, other than my t-zone it looks pretty close to exactly how it looked in the morning. And I never use a primer.

I have some acne scarring on my cheeks and it does a pretty good job at covering it up, unless I want to look perfect, I don't need concealer.

Yes, it's expensive so I try not to use it everyday but I will repurchase this every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by milkandtaxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Restored my grandfather's disgusting skin, gnarled and windburned from 50 years as a farmer, to its former youthful glory. Thank you Chanel, we can put my grandfather to rest knowing he was looking his best.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing foundation, but you have to have combination to oily skin otherwise it will look very caky and drying!!!
So if you have dry to normal skin, please try another chanel foundation, as this won't be suited to your skin.
If you have combination to oily skin and have some hyper pigmentation or flaws to cover up, you'll fall in love with this foundation!
It gives you medium to full coverage, it doesn't need to be set with powder (especially in winter)and literally it will stay on your face until you remove it (it last good 12-13 hours).
The only thing, I will point out is that it dries pretty quickly on your skin, so i suggest to apply and work it in sections.
It's one of those foundation that looks better after 15 minutes that you put it on, as it starts to melt with your skin!!!
Some more pros:
There are many colors to choose from, the smell of it is divine and it didn't break me out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Indii84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First things first, i have oily skin and have tried dozens of different foundations. From high end to low end. I have read product reviews in search of the holy grail of foundations for people who find after a few hours there face could be classified as shine town.

Alas i have found a product which doesn't break apart after a few hours. Let's get things clear though, every foundation will oxidise to a degree. You would be kidding yourself if you expected no foundation to have this problem. However this amazing product was on my face the entire day. Yes the entire 12 hours i was at work and was still in place when i got home! I love full coverage foundations. I prefer full coverage foundations as i have redness to cover. If your after a light coverage foundation this is definately not for you, however this foundation does not look cakey. You don't need to apply layer upon layer to achieve a flawless look. It does the job in one hit.

My skin is so oily, every foundation previously has melted away from my face 4 hours later. Not this bad boy! I did find the colour ever so slightly changed but it was natural and looked flawless. Team this up with Arbonne primer and you will be in love with this product as much as i am. Humidy may cause some slight shine hours later but dab it with a tissue and you are back to your wonderful matte finish.

Price is definately expensive, retailing in Australia for $86, but a little goes a long way and if you use less, in the end the price averages out. I did find the Laura Mercier Supreme foundation to be second to this foundation if your looking for a matte finish for oily skin less expensive.