April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Saint

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Shihr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is SO CUTE.
I love how the packaging looks like an old Hollywood cigarette case. I thought that the palette was a little bit pricey but it also comes with a free autograph eyeliner!
I think that the eyeliner is comparable to the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner, which I am a huge fan of.
Now about the pigment and the eyeshadow itself.
WOW. IS IT AMAZING!
I do not have any fall out, the color is amazing and it lasts ALL day and night!
Obviously if you want these key features, you're going to have to use a good eye primer.
I suggest the one by Lorac.
I am in love with Kat Von D's line of make up products. I think that this palette is one of her best products. I really love nude shades and I even like it a little bit more than my urban decay naked 2 and naked basic palette!
You'll notice that I've only written 5 star reviews for every product I've reviewed so far.
The reason that is, is because if I don't think its at least a 4 star product, I'll return it!
Give Kat Von D's palette a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

I prefer UD naked anyday, the shadows are too powdery and cheap, the palette looks lovely with the tattoo etching but just isn't for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

This is officially my favorite eye shadow palette that i own! I love this eyeshadow palette because it offers a variety of colors that are easy to blend with and so easy to put on. Most eye shadows that i have tried can be chalky on your eye lids and practically run off of your face. This eye shadow provides long lasting color and it's the perfect palette for creating a subtle day look and a dramatic night look. I used to swear by Bobbi Browns palette but i'm officially in love with Kat Von D's palette 'Saint'

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by NMundy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot rave enough about this palette! If you have pale skin, it's hard to find highlighting colours that are actually lighter than your skin! Any way I use this palette, it always looks great and I've never gone wrong. The quality of the shadows is superb and I actually prefer them to (dun-dun DUN) The naked palette because I find Saint shows up way more on my skin. I've been using it habitually for almost a year now, and I haven't hit pan even in the colours I use most often so the amount of shadow you get for the (ouch) price is actually not as ouch when you think about it in the long run. I'd definitely buy it again, but I'd have to save up first! Thank you Kat!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MissShlebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this palette so much. It is a beautiful neutral palette. You can do an every day look and easily switch over to a night look as well. The colors are SUPER pigmented. I love it. It is definitely worth the 30 bucks. The packaging is awesome! It looks like an old fashion, tin cigarette case with roses on it! Because It's tin it is sturdy and I feel totally comfortable traveling with it without worrying if it will get thrown around and break. I would recommend this to anyone! [=

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When my cousin came to visit a few weeks ago, I noticed right away how gorgeous her eyeshadow was. The shades were very unique and I loved the finish they had. I asked her what they were and she said it was a Kat Von D palette. She said that the one she has isn't available anymore but that the Saint palette had those same shades plus more. I picked it up while at Sephora last weekend and I am SO happy I did! I've been looking for a neutrals palette for so long now, but so many of them just seemed like shimmer/glitter bombs. I do love some shimmer (not so much the glitter) but I don't like obnoxious shimmer. All the other palettes had loose glitter ALL OVER them and I knew that couldn't be a good sign. The Kat Von D palette is just perfect. I love literally ALL of the eyeshadows in the palette and the pigment is simply amazing with all of them. There's absolutely no fall-out. Everything stays put and looks just as great at the end of the day as it did when I first applied. (I do use UDPP.) They apply so smoothly and blend easily. Another thing I like about is that I've used it several times now and you can't even tell by looking at them. I can tell these will last a long time as they're not powdery and loose.

This palette also includes a black pencil eyeliner ("Autograph Pencil") that I have also been using almost every day since I bought the palette. It glides on sooo smoothly and is easily smudgeable, yet it really stays in place and lasts. I've used it so much that there isn't much left! (I guess that would have to be my only semi-negative thing I could say about it - one pencil doesn't last extremely long, but that's just what you get with that type of creamy pencil/crayon formula.)

The packaging is beautiful, unique, and solid with a very nice sized mirror inside. The price is awesome. This was the first Kat Von D product I've tried and I'm very impressed. I'm definitely going to try out more of her products!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference I have olive skin with warm undertones (very yellow) NC35, or Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli.

I have been going back and forth between the Naked 1/2 Palette, but could not justifiy spending 50 dollars on either palette because I didn't like every color in either palette. I had also considered purchasing the TooFaced Natural at Night palette, but again some of the shadows we're not what I was look for; infact one of them just plain sucked.

The packaging is beautiful, and instead of a palette made of hard cardboard you get a black cigarette style metal case with embedded with roses. Very hard, which makes me feel alot better about my eyeshadows staying in tact. You also get a prety good sized mirror in the palette.

All of the shadows are creamy, and wonderfully pigmented. Dare I say better then Urban Decay ( I own other UD palettes, very hard to outdo UD). These shadows are probably best suited for warm toned individuals.

I loved that they contained shimmer, and I did not find much fallout with these shadows compared to some of my UD shadows.

You can do daytime looks, and definetly some sexy night time looks.

You also recieve a black liner which is meh...could live with it. My presitge liner is far better than the liner included.

Overall this palette is worth every cent, and for 36.00 dollars you are getting your moneys worth and then some. I can see this palette lasting me quite some time.

So if your trying to decide between the Naked Palette or The Saint palette, choose the saint palette it's much cheaper, equally if not better shadow quality.

P.S. I'm actually not a Kat Von D fan:)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sdyaya619

I love this Palette! I use it everyday. One day i wear a heavy smokey eye and other days i go for the more softer look. This palette lets you create any look you have in mind. I have slept with this eyeshadow on, and the next morning it was still there! The shadows blend easily and they are just amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my official go to palette. I have green/blue eyes and this palette includes enough variety for me that this is normally the only eyeshadow I bring with me when I travel. The shadows are so pigmented I never feel like it is caked on, and while using with the mac primer, it will last me at least 8 hours. I don't experience creasing or any kind of clumping. It is absolutely perfect. I would recommend any of her eyeshadow products, and I can't wait to try another palette soon.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Walke202

I just started using this pallete, along with the tattoo liquid liner. I'm absolutely in love with both! This palette is probably one of the most expensive that I've purchased, but it's definitely worth the money. The colors are right up my alley - I never like anything too crazy, mostly neutrals. My favorite colors are the baby pink and the taupe color. I can use this for everyday make up as well as when I am going out. If you haven't tried out the tattoo liner and are looking for a precise liquid that doesn't smudge, definitely give it a try. Overall I give it an A. I have noticed that the shadows are a bit powdery when you dip your brush in, so it does waste the product. For the money, I definitely don't want to waste it, so I try to be very very careful.
This is the first time I've tried any of Kat Von D's make up products, and I have to say I'm super pleased with the quality of the product and the packaging. Definitely going to repurchase.