Peter Thomas Roth Dragon's Blood laser free resurfacing treatment

3.0

WATER (AQUA), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-8 DIMETHICONE, PEG- 12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, NIACINAMIDE, DECARBOXY CARNOSINE HCI, ETHYL PERFLUOROISOBUTYL ETHER, ETHYL PERFLUOROBUTYL ETHER, CARBOMER, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CROTON LECHLERI (DRAGONíS BLOOD) RESIN EXTRACT, SIEGESBECKIA ORIENTALIS EXTRACT, RABDOSIA RUBESCENS EXTRACT, TREMELLA FUCIFORMIS (MUSHROOM) EXTRACT, HORDEUM VULGARE EXTRACT, PISUM SATIVUM (PEA) EXTRACT, ANGELICA POLYMORPHA SINENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE (VITAMIN E), RETINYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN A), ASCORBYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN C), PHOSPHOLIPIDS, ACETYL GLUCOSAMINE, GLUCOSAMINE HCI, HYDROXYPROLINE, POLYSILICONE-11, GLYCOSPHINGOLIPIDS, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BETAINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, MICA, RED 33 (CI 17200), BROWN 1 (CI 20170), BLUE 1 (CI 42090).

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I first tried the Gel/Cream moisturizer as part of the 4 piece set with the Regenerating Serum, Eye Treatment, and Retexturizing Exfoliator. The texture is like a whipped silicone based primer - not something I'd usually enjoy using, honestly. However, when I gathered these four items as my skin kit for an extended travel, I found that I really enjoyed the feeling of the Gel/Cream as my night moisturizer. It kept my skin soft, supple, smooth, bump free and flake free even while traveling to Wisconsin and on to Los Angeles in early March- talk about weather extremes, different water, hotel soap, etc. Typically my skin is oily and clog prone, even with Retin A, plus the Retin A makes it flaky. Using this four piece set, and the Gel/Cream moisturizer at night, kept it feeling and looking smooth, luminous, radiant even. At the conclusion of my travels I was so impressed with how my skin looked and felt that I repurchased the 4 piece kit from Sephora - the items are half sized, and you pay 1/4 the cost of purchasing the full sizes individually. So if you enjoy all the products, just get 2 kits and you are dollars ahead. yes, will definitely repurchase - I just did.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Stay away if you are breakout prone...used but returned after just a few days

Bought this needing a good a.m. moisturizer for very early signs of aging. I really wasn't impressed with anything about this . The price is high, but the quality just isn't there. It seems to just sit on my skin rather than soak is. Didn't see any changes in my skins texture, my early aging, or anything for that matter. Didn't see any negative effects, but expected to see SOMETHING for that price

First let me say I love the serum in this line. The regenerator gel is a different story. I agree with some of the other reviews regarding the texture and it being like a heavy primer. I tried once under foundation and that was it! I am using around my eyes only now. I got this as part of a set with the serum, so I'm glad I did not spend money on this product alone. My skin does not lack for moisture, so maybe on a drier complextion it has a different effect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Imagine putting strawberry jelly all over your face, because that's what this stuff looks and feels like. I could understand if this product was marketed as a 10 minute face mask, but as a leave on serum/cream is pretty perplexing. Once applied, it doesn`t ever really seem to penetrate into your skin- just kinda sits on top like tacky syrup. I think it has some kind of exotic tree sap in the ingredient list- and well, it definitely feels like it.. If you have oily skin, this product is going to feel quite uncomfortable. As the previous poster said, it smells kind of bad too, not offensive bad, but toxic chemical bad, almost like an amalgamation of polyurethane, model airplane glue and nail polish remover. Perfluoroisobutyl is a harsh chemical slovent - probably not something you want being absorbed systemically. Dragons blood? Gimmick? My guess it that a few, weekly strong 5 min home glycolic or salicylic acid peel works better and quicker than this stuff at a fraction of the cost. It does wonders for acne scarring and melasma. My advise- don`t waste your time or money on this gel/cream/moisturizer, or whatever it is.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I received a sample of this from QVC, and it sat it my makeup drawer for weeks before I finally decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised. It's more like a gel than a lotion, and it goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel amazing after putting it on. I was using it every night, but I think it was breaking me out, so I started using it every other night, and I didn't notice any more problems. The only reason I wouldn't purchase this is because it's super expensive.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have used this in the original pump form, as well as recently adding the cream-gel. While it is outrageously expensive, sometimes you used to be able to find a bit of a deal on eBay. I think I paid $50 for the first full-size bottle.
This is the first stuff that made a dramatic difference in my melasma and age spots. I always used to look like my neck was dirty. (and now it looks that way again because it is summer and I am too lazy or in a hurry to use sunscreen, so I'll have to start over again with the PTR.)
Don't expect it to work with one treatment. I think it was about 2 weeks in when I noticed the fading age spots, the decrease in lines, the smooth skin, the smaller pores.
I am currently out of this product, having used my last little sample sized pump, but am using the cream-gel, which I'll write about in another review. Suffice it to say here that I love it, and it makes the BEST primer I've ever used!
So while I say I would buy it again, the truth is that I probably won't, unless I can find a fantastic deal, because it is so expensive. That's why I deducted a lippie. But if you've got the bucks, go for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a marvelous product. It does not irritate my sensitive skin, and actually contains the very best ingredients to make your skin more youthful, smoother, and brighter. I'd say it is worth the expensive price tag. It definitely works and reduced inflammation in my skin while making it smoother and brighter in just a couple uses. I will definitely buy this again! This is one of the very few face treatments that doesn't leave a sticky film on the skin and doesn't cause break outs. It also feels amazingly luxurious and soothing on the skin :-)

I really like this product. Have used it for about 5 months and repurchased twice. Will keep using it. It reduces my age spots and improves my skin texture, evens out my skin tone. I tried going off of it after the second bottle ran out but, to my chagrin, my skin really looked worse. Now I am back on it and hoping to get the glowing skin that many folks commented on when I was using it regularly. I pair it with the Unwrinkle Night Moisurizer and my skin never looked better (well, at least never better in the last 10 years!). Definitely recommend. Doesn't cause breakouts.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I received this as a gift and have been using it faithfully. After 4 weeks of daily use, I really haven't noticed too much of a difference in my skin, other than slightly better texture. It is hard, however to attribute it solely to this product, as I have also used my Clarisonic and other great skin care with it. Overall, I think it's OK- hasn't caused any major problems and my skin feels softer. But I haven't noticed a reduction of redness in areas that I focus on application (nose area) or a reduction of pigmentation in skin spots.

Perhaps if this product were more reasonably priced I would buy it again, but I simply can't justify spending $78 on this. I would rather shell out a few more bucks and go with Dior or perhaps switch over to Sadik (same as Dior for a fraction of the cost).