August 22, 2014 | 2016 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Dragon's Blood laser free resurfacing treatment

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Harlot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Imagine putting strawberry jelly all over your face, because that's what this stuff looks and feels like. I could understand if this product was marketed as a 10 minute face mask, but as a leave on serum/cream is pretty perplexing. Once applied, it doesn`t ever really seem to penetrate into your skin- just kinda sits on top like tacky syrup. I think it has some kind of exotic tree sap in the ingredient list- and well, it definitely feels like it.. If you have oily skin, this product is going to feel quite uncomfortable. As the previous poster said, it smells kind of bad too, not offensive bad, but toxic chemical bad, almost like an amalgamation of polyurethane, model airplane glue and nail polish remover. Perfluoroisobutyl is a harsh chemical slovent - probably not something you want being absorbed systemically. Dragons blood? Gimmick? My guess it that a few, weekly strong 5 min home glycolic or salicylic acid peel works better and quicker than this stuff at a fraction of the cost. It does wonders for acne scarring and melasma. My advise- don`t waste your time or money on this gel/cream/moisturizer, or whatever it is.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by seharden135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from QVC, and it sat it my makeup drawer for weeks before I finally decided to try it. I was pleasantly surprised. It's more like a gel than a lotion, and it goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel amazing after putting it on. I was using it every night, but I think it was breaking me out, so I started using it every other night, and I didn't notice any more problems. The only reason I wouldn't purchase this is because it's super expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by zhaya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this in the original pump form, as well as recently adding the cream-gel. While it is outrageously expensive, sometimes you used to be able to find a bit of a deal on eBay. I think I paid $50 for the first full-size bottle.
This is the first stuff that made a dramatic difference in my melasma and age spots. I always used to look like my neck was dirty. (and now it looks that way again because it is summer and I am too lazy or in a hurry to use sunscreen, so I'll have to start over again with the PTR.)
Don't expect it to work with one treatment. I think it was about 2 weeks in when I noticed the fading age spots, the decrease in lines, the smooth skin, the smaller pores.
I am currently out of this product, having used my last little sample sized pump, but am using the cream-gel, which I'll write about in another review. Suffice it to say here that I love it, and it makes the BEST primer I've ever used!
So while I say I would buy it again, the truth is that I probably won't, unless I can find a fantastic deal, because it is so expensive. That's why I deducted a lippie. But if you've got the bucks, go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulswan007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a marvelous product. It does not irritate my sensitive skin, and actually contains the very best ingredients to make your skin more youthful, smoother, and brighter. I'd say it is worth the expensive price tag. It definitely works and reduced inflammation in my skin while making it smoother and brighter in just a couple uses. I will definitely buy this again! This is one of the very few face treatments that doesn't leave a sticky film on the skin and doesn't cause break outs. It also feels amazingly luxurious and soothing on the skin :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by vs3

I really like this product. Have used it for about 5 months and repurchased twice. Will keep using it. It reduces my age spots and improves my skin texture, evens out my skin tone. I tried going off of it after the second bottle ran out but, to my chagrin, my skin really looked worse. Now I am back on it and hoping to get the glowing skin that many folks commented on when I was using it regularly. I pair it with the Unwrinkle Night Moisurizer and my skin never looked better (well, at least never better in the last 10 years!). Definitely recommend. Doesn't cause breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahalthea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a gift and have been using it faithfully. After 4 weeks of daily use, I really haven't noticed too much of a difference in my skin, other than slightly better texture. It is hard, however to attribute it solely to this product, as I have also used my Clarisonic and other great skin care with it. Overall, I think it's OK- hasn't caused any major problems and my skin feels softer. But I haven't noticed a reduction of redness in areas that I focus on application (nose area) or a reduction of pigmentation in skin spots.

Perhaps if this product were more reasonably priced I would buy it again, but I simply can't justify spending $78 on this. I would rather shell out a few more bucks and go with Dior or perhaps switch over to Sadik (same as Dior for a fraction of the cost).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ordered this as a TSV from the Q about a week ago and I already see results. The first few days I really did not pay attention. But one night I caught a glance of my face after cleansing, and my skintone was so even and the texture was smooth. I really did not expect this product to work because I already take care of my skin with other effective skincare. Maybe my skin needed a change in the routine! I have a bad history of acne, even needing accutane in college. My acne did not become under control until my early thirties, but I still get monthly acne on my chin and forehead. However, this did NOT cause acne for me or clog my pores. It applied smoothly and did not leave a sticky residue on my skin. I only have some very fine lines by my eyes, but my forehead lines are definately more pronounced. The lines are slightly softened but I need to use this product for a few months before I comment further on its anti-aging properties. So far, I am pleasantly surprised and liking this product. I will update.

UPDATE 2/3/12: This is really working wonders for the clarity and even tone of my skin. Today, I actually FORGOT to put on foundation!! What?! That never happens. This is the only change in my routine thus far and I attribute the positive effects to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by vanity68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot believe how good this stuff is...seriously...I have rosacea and within 2 days, I noticed the redness is faded so much..the consistency is just amazing..not greasy...as a test, I also tried it on a broken blood vessel on my leg and it looks soooo much better...wtf are all the good products so expensive? Yes 75 is alot for a cream but I only use 2 pumps a day and it will last a while...also Amazon has it for 50 something...I will never ever be without this..I tried so many things and this one delivers...it is a magic cream to me....l have major love for this one...I love Peter Thomas Roth and all his stuff....

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by nntwins2

I got a sample from Sephora and tried it on half of my face. This difference was very apparent within 3 days. It really does smooth out fine lines. I have not noticed any difference in my brown spots though so marking it a 4 instead of 5. My skin is somewhat sensitive and I have not had any negative reaction to this product. This had great reviews on the Sephora site so it is surprising that it has not been well reviewed here.
It does not seem it would be appropriate for those under 40. If you have no fine lines, probably not worth the $75.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping this would work based on reviews but it immediately broke me out creating angry cystic bumps that looks like terribly irritated skin. I don't even have particularly sensitive skin so what on earth is in this thing? I broke out all over within 24 hours.
As another reviewer mentioned, it is a translucent maroon color when dispensed & has a somewhat tacky feel to it once dry. It's thick & looks like gel. I didn't mind it but you might. It also smells like glue or paste. Very odd.
I actually think this might work normally as a serum if your skin is tolerant to it but I still wouldn't recommend it because of the ridiculously high price ($75 for 1oz). There are similar, if not better, products out there.