September 18, 2014 | 1745 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by NancR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As was to be expected from Clinique, this product delivers. I have oily skin and its mattifying properties are quite good. It gives good coverage and shade 1 is pale enough for my fair skin (pink undertones). However, I do not like the texture of the cream which is thick and heavy. It is best applied with your fingers, it did not apply well with the beauty blender. Furthermore, the fairest shade is quite dull, i find this to be a typical issue with Clinique foundations, they make my complexion dull and a tiny grey. To be honest, I find it a boring product, with boring packaging . I have the Diorskin Nude BB cream which has a lighter texture and gives a rosier and brighter and more natural look. I much prefer this one over Clinique's.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by meanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad product - just not for me. Let me just add that I usually use tinted moisturizers b/c foundations are too heavy for me. BB creams seem to vary, depending on the brand (and country), from light coverage to heavy duty. This product falls into the latter group.

I tried this in shade 2 which was a tad too light for my light asian skin. No matter how little I used, it felt like I was wearing a mask. I even tried mixing the bb cream with my moisturizer and it still felt too heavy and matte for my taste. I accidentally fell asleep without removing my mu and this was still perfectly in place when I woke up the next morning.

These might be pros to someone who likes heavy-coverage, matte foundations that don't budge. In fact, I gave it to my mom and she loved it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lauralei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never used a BB Cream until now and I never saw the point before. I had tried a few samples of different brands and thought, what do I need a tinted moisturizer for? I'm 45 and need more coverage (and a better quality moisturizer) than that, and I already use a primer that I like (shout out to Laura Mercier Oil Free, y'all), so I didn't see the need.

But I read somewhere that it was a much-beloved product, especially among people who normally don't "get" BB Creams, like myself. Boots has stopped making my favorite foundation and I've been flailing, looking for my new HG. I'm not sure if this is it yet...I've been using it for about 2 weeks, but so far I like it a lot. I wanted to find something with 30 SPF, which this has. It has NO sunscreen smell, which is amazing! The smell of sunscreen on my face is what makes me skip sunscreen some days! It is thicker then most BBs, but it blends easily and doesn't feel heavy. It has a very nice finish and the color doesn't turn (and that's a problem I have had with Clinique foundations...not a fan). I'm a fair-skinned redhead and I bought Shade 2 online, and it is the perfect color for my skin, at least at this time of year when I'm not mid-winter pale. I may need Shade 1 in the winter but I will look in the store at the shades to get a better idea. Shade 1 looked very pinky in online swatches.

Anyway, so far so good. The coverage is more foundation-like than other BBs. I have been wearing it with concealer and powder, as a foundation. I thought it was pricey when I bought it, but it seems more reasonable now because it feels like skincare *and* makeup, and I'm no longer feeling guilty about skipping the sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by juliawilson22

I really like this BB cream! Although I really think that the #3 is still light for me when I have a tan. But if I use this before my regular foundation as a primer, it works great and I don't feel bad for wearing it because I feel like I'm helping my skin out. I'm not sold on the price because I think it's 37$ and with all the other great options, it's too pricey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been tried so many liquid foundations for my pale ruddy , dry -combo skin, that can get dry. This is my first BB. Tried the CC as they said it covered red, which it didn't. I liked the dewy coverage though, but was breaking out. Not from the CC, but I was using SPF as well. So I tried the BB, which is similar, but less moisturizing. It is not drying though. Love it. Better if you break out or have oily skin. It has a lovely powdery finish and I usually hate powder. This looks nice though. It is matte but, does not settle into lines. It had 30 SPF, which is nice. So you could wear it alone. Not drying at all and does not break me out. I have done both.

The BB sets to a nice powdery silky finish, that is not drying or greasy or shiny. It doesn't cover everything, but looks nice. Medium coverage, but no caking and never turns orange or pink on me, unlike Clinique's foundations. Too bad they don't have many color options, like the CC. No 1 is very very light and pinky and doesn't have a lot of coverage. No 2 was better for me and yellower, but still light. The color is lighter than CC no 2. Both are nice shades. This is a very flattering shade that blends well and evens out your skin tone. It is medium coverage, so it won't cover major blemishes.

The only down side, is it takes longer to put on than foundation, because it comes out of the tube quite thick and doesn’t spread far. It does not feel heavy or look heavy on though. Doesn't look nude or natural either, but really nice. Use small dots and rub them a circle or use a sponge and move to the next spot. Sets after a minute. Do take time to let the color set in the store. It tends to set lighter not darker. Once it sets, that is the color it will stay.
Does fade if worn all day though, but not so do most products. I am not oily though, but it lasted well enough with moisturizer under.

Update: I have tried a few Asian BBs and they have better coverage and some have extra ingredients for whitening. This has a nicer color, in that in has some luminosity. Asian BBs can look a little flat, so you get a different effect. Both are great just different.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am LOVING this BB cream. I have pretty oily, blotchy skin and this just fixes the blotchiness right up without turning my skin into an oil slick. It is on the thicker side so I have no need for a separate foundation, which is great with me. I've tried cheaper BB creams that were no more than a tinted moisterizer on me, which didn't work on my skin...not enough coverage and made skin too oily. Yes, this is on the expensive side...but it's Clinique and you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by marinpap

I was looking for a bb cream to use in the city instead of a sunscreen. The sales person told me I could use it in the city as a sunscreen safely but not in the sea as it's not water resistant. I bought the cc age defense hoping it would have more coverage than my tinted la Roche posay sunscreen and it did. It had more coverage but only that. It dried my skin, I don't actually have fine lines around my eyes but the drying effect made me look like I had. After cleansing I could see lines all over my face. This made me look 10 years older. Making things worse, although it says it has spf 30, spending like an hour outdoors I got sun spots....Really disappointing product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulmakeupgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's good but not affordable

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by seajade

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only bb cream that really gave my 58 years old skin some life and beautifull coverage too . # 2 is the color for light skin and I love the beachy smell. The best summer time makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Peacokgreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first couple of times when I tried it my face just looked gorgeous. Pores smaller, blemishes covered and I had a soft, youthful glow. However that just all of a sudden stopped. Now when I try it my pores look bigger and are clogged up with this cream, my fine lines are totally emphasized and it has a drying effect on my skin. Needless to say that I will not be buying this again for my 45 year old skin. I am going back to Clinique's wonderful SPF 25 City block that has anti-oxidants as well. I will not be trying/buying another BB cream again. It might work for younger skin.

10-14-13 Update: I have noticed that it all depends on which cleanser and cream I use the night before for this BB cream to work properly. The other day I tried it again since I started using Clinique's DDML+ every night for hydration and my face looked great. It covers many things very well. So I gave it 5 lipsticks and am using this BB cream everyday now. I get loads of compliments such as how much younger i look.