October 21, 2014 | 937 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by caterpillargirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this after reading all the rave reviews and I thought I would love it, but it just didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel my face got clean enough and I have been won over by TJ's facial cleanser with tea tree oil. I thought the price and amount was a good deal, but the pump is cheaply made. I just didn't care for this product and there are better ones out there in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this cleanser 3x now. I have very oily acne prone skin and I use this as my morning cleanser followed by my benzoyl acne treatment.

I find this cleanser gentle and I haven't experienced any adverse reactions. I love the good ingredients and low price point. A bottle last me months.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. Inexpensive for how long it lasts (lasted me approximately 3 months, washing my face twice a day and letting someone borrow some frequently)
2. Doesn't test on animals
3. Good ingredients compared to almost all other facial cleansers that I've used
4. Tears-free (Doesn't irritate the eyes at all)
5. Removes make up pretty well. Some cleansers I've used still leave traces of make up behind after washing my face, but this doesn't when I use mineral powder make up. It might with heavy-duty long-wear make up products, though (such as Revlon Colorstay)
6. Love the pump packaging! It makes my life so much easier.

Cons:

1. Doesn't seem to help clear up active acne anymore, but it did when I first began using it.
2. You can only find it at Trader Joe's. I have to make special trips just to that one store when I run out, which can be inconvenient.

I gave it a 3/5 overall because it's just okay for me. I used to love it when I first began using it, and it really helped clear up my skin. When I switched from using Pur Minerals pressed powder to experimenting with other make up foundations, this became ineffective in healing active acne breakouts. Since that's the point of using a cleanser, using this now is not worth it. Now, I literally wash my face with this and wake up the next morning with new acne.

I wouldn't repurchase this. I would recommend this because it may work for some people, as it used to work for me. As I stated previously, a friend of mine also used this and they reported they really liked it as well and purchased one of their own. Disclaimer, they've switched to the Clarisonic system now, though. It may work for some or it may not work, but I think it's worth finding out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by shelvedfiction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin: mildly acne-prone on cheeks and chin, dry in winter, combination, large pores and redness on cheeks and nose.

How I Use: One pump in the morning in the shower massaging with hands for about a minute and rinse with warm (not hot) water. 1-2 pumps in the evening to cleanse and remove makeup (tinted moisturizer, blush, waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner, and SPF) and again massaging with fingertips for about one minute and then rinsing with warm water. I pat dry, and then I apply a toner, exfoliant, and moisturizer. One bottle lasts approximately 4-6 months. My fiance also uses the cleanser and likes it.

Senses: Gel texture, but foams a little with water. Easy to rinse-off. Fragrance-free. Leaves skin feeling clean. May make the skin feel a little tight during the winter months, but nothing a gentle alcohol-free toner or a little moisturizer can't fix. Does not break me out, but do not expect it to mitigate acne. Use chemical exfoliants and benzoyl peroxide left on the skin to reduce acne.

Pros: Not tested on animals, recyclable container (you can remove the label and reuse the pump or just recycle the bottle), relatively inexpensive, can twist the pump down so cleanser does not leak when traveling, fragrance-free.
Cons: The antioxidants are not protected from light (in a clear container), antioxidants are washed down the drain (but having them in there does not hurt), dries the skin a little, but gentle compared to Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming cleanser and Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin cleanser, says that it exfoliates, but I think you would need a BHA or AHA ingredient that is left on the skin for it to exfoliate.

Have repurchased 3 times, and it is my go-to cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have super sensitive easily pissed off skin, that at the moment is very dry - this doesn't dry my skin out or make it feel stripped like all other cleansers do. Lathers up nice and just makes my skin feel clean and not tight. No scent or fragrance at all. Nice pump packaging. CHEAP ($5.99 I think?)! I have a really hard time finding products that don't make me break out too, and this one doesn't! Yay!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does NOTHING for my acne. Using it then tossing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ummm... OMFG this stuff is the best. I love all of Trader Joe's beauty products, but if I had to choose just one this would be it! I have super-oily skin and used to use standard acne/oil-controlling cleansers such as Clean & Clear but they always left my face feeling parched and dull, not to mention the oilies would return in just an hour or two. This stuff is the exact opposite-- it makes my face feel so soft, supple and CLEAN without stripping any moisture (the non-foaming formula means it's not as harsh), leaving me with fresh and glowing skin. It's unscented and cruelty free. I also love the packaging-- clean, minimal design that really makes me feel like I'm in a spa. Love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sabrinashriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Philosophy Purity for a couple of years now and really liked, but it was pretty expensive. I tried this due to all the underground buzz of how amazing it was and that it was from a much more expensive brand, just repackaged... well I have been using so far for over a month and it is GREAT! I have very sensitive, dry skin, I typically only break out occasionally around my chin area, but this has helped. The pump is kinda hard to push down, but what do you expect for $6? I love the lack of sent and the thick texture of the wash and that it is gentle enough to use on your eyes, another reason I loved purity so much. This removes my make up better than the Purity did. I rarely have seen any make up left behind when I use my toner afterwards. Would highly recommend to give a try.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by hellohello0o00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Update: I am on my 4th bottle of this, and this product is truly a staple in my life. This cleanser is so gentle, a quality that is perfect for acne prone people like me. Coupling this product with a zinc oxide sunscreen, I am very happy to say that I no longer have acne now! PS: You can do some research and see how zinc is beneficial for acne skinned gals.

Old review: HOLY GRAIL ITEM!! I've tried so many cleansers, from La Roche Posay to Clean and Clear. None of them were able to get me the results that this little gem valued at $5.99 could do. Before I used this cleanser, I was using Sebamed Antibacterial Cleansing Foam, which was actually rated really highly on MUA. However, it dried my skin inherently. Hence, after I switched to Trader Joe's cleanser, I could really detect a huge difference! My skin feels so fresh and clean after each wash. And it does not aggravate my acne in any way, in fact, it might also be alleviating my acne symptoms lol.

Also, just to let some of you oily skinned gals know, the drying type of alcohol in any skincare product is not beneficial for your skin. I've recently just visited a department store to accompany my friend and the counter lady recommended me a toner that contains alcohol, saying that oily gals like you need it. But noooo, do the research and you'll know that although alcohol can provide a cooling sensation, over time, however, it can really dry up your skin, causing wrinkled and, if you have acne, cause more acne. Just a tip =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw that this is rated pretty high by Paula on paulaschoice, so I figured I'd try it out. It is the same texture (maybe a little lighter) than Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser. It has lots of good ingredients, but yes, they are only on your face for a minute, but still -- this is good and for $6? I love this stuff.