November 23, 2014 | 1958 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely, utterly revolting, in every possible way. If somebody were to ask me my worst beauty product of all time, I think this might be it - I can't even believe Lush have been selling this for so long.
Given my positive experience with Lush shampoos I really wanted to like this and after the first unsuccessful try I forced myself to keep going in case I was using it wrongly, so i tried using a large amount, then a small amount, leaving it in my hair like a treatment, using a little on the ends and washing it out straight away, using it as a pre -poo....nothing worked and the effect was always the same - my hair was left drier than before, course and sticky to the touch, completely lacking in shine and smelling like an ashtray. It took me weeks of tender loving care to get my hair back to its normal condition after I stopped using this. Months later, even the thought of the smell is enough to put me off my food!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Shaftesbury

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yuk, yuk, yuk - if I could give this conditioner a minus mark I would! It contains sodium lauryl sulphate - so it's not even that human or eco-friendly but, more importantly it really doesn't work.

I have fine, ringlet curly hair and after using this conditioner trying to comb my hair almost brought tears. The smell isn't great either, it's like a musty, mouldy coconut - generally not a smell you'd like to be recognised for. Please don't waste your money on this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You have to keep in mind with this product that it is cone free. I loved this when I was cone free!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by SinominGirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the smell. Artificial, but whatever.

Now, for the conditioning part. I have been warned that my hair wouldn't feel slippery smooth as with drugstore conditioners, but that I will notice the softness after my hair had dried. It was just like they told me. I also found out by coincidence, that if I don't use conditioner, only shampoo ("normal" or the harsh clarifying type, doesn't matter), my hair still feels super soft once it dried. And super shiny, too. So either I have magical hair, or the conditioner just does nothing to it. I vote the second. Basically what I bought was just a pricy hair perfume. Not very pleasing.

But:

- It is not tested on animals.
- Has probably more natural ingredients than a simple silicone-laden conditioner.
- Even the container is environmentally friendly.

Nevertheless:

- If you aren't a devoted animal rights activist, nor environmentally conscious, skip it.
- Fake coconut smell. May be nice for some, not so much for others.
- It just wont feel the same as good old dimethicone on your hair. Sad but true. (Although I do have a silicone-free conditioner that does a much, much better job than Coolaulin, leaves my hair slippery but not greasy, and is dirt cheap in comparison. My hair is just so manageable with cones, its hard to give up on them.)

I do believe that for some, Coolaulin could be just perfect. Maybe people with normal hair, which only needs a slight touch of conditioning. For devoted Lush fans in desperate need of moisture I'd suggest Jungle instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The smoky smell at first turned me off. Then I got use it. Real coconut does not smell like the synthetic smell everyone has grown to know.
This is also not loaded with silicones so you will not get that slip.
I used this when I had damaged my hair. In a week I could see a huge difference! The smell does last so I suggest buy small at first if you can't get a sample. Not everyone can adjust to the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Woah, why all the rants?
First, this smells fine. It smells like coconut macaroons. Not fabulous, but def not something to get your panties in a bunch over!
Second, it's a good conditioner for girls who don't need crazy moisturization! I use it in my thick, curly hair and it's perfect!
With a splash of Morrocainoil after, my hair is glam!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by firebrat1229

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The worst. I'm glad I just got a sample.

Horrible. I dried my hair and I look like a giant frizz-ball.

Avoid at all costs.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank god I only tried the sample for this conditioner. The salesperson was trying to talk me into this but I said I already have a good conditioner so she gave me a sample. Let's just say I would've been pissed if I listened to her and bought this because it sucks and it's not cheap like all their other products. This smells bad and that's being nice. I can't even describe the smell, it's not like a fresh natural herbal smell either, just smells funky. I guess it's a smoky smell like other people have described. I quit smoking years ago because I couldn't stand the smoky smell in my hair. Now they invented a conditioner where you can reek without smoking, awesome! You would have to smell it to know what I'm talking about. And the smell lasts in your hair too which would be great if it smelled nice! To make it worse, it didn't really moisturize very well, I actually think it made my hair feel drier. I like rich, creamy conditioners and this isn't it, it's really watery. Goes to show you not to listen to the salespeople. Just read up on products here and know what you want before you go in.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by whirlgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive waist of money. Doesn't condition at all and smells like an ashtray with some coconut juice in it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why does this smell like tobacco? It doesn't seem to work any better than a conventional conditioner.