Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample of this to try (in the shade 1.1). Am very glad I didn't buy it though, I have very dry skin and I applied this after moisturising and priming my skin as per usual. I picked up my mirror to fill in my brows and was horrified to see my skin looked chalky, dry and disgusting. I couldn't believe how bad it looked after approximately 1 minute of being on my skin. I can't comment on the wear or anything else as I immediately washed my face and had to start my makeup all over again with a different foundation but I would never purchase this. Perhaps it would be better suited to those with oily skin type.

I love this foundation's formula, but it is very distinctly matte. I use the 1.2 color in the summertime, and it lasts all day with only a slight oil breakthrough on my nose, easily fixed with powder in mid afternoon. It's a great formula for going out in the evening since it holds up so well, and it gives a nice canvas for color cosmetics. I don't get any breakouts from this which is good for my rosacea prone, sensitive skin. However, since it's so matte, it can cake a bit when it's drier outside and I'm less oily. I also get much lighter in the winter and 1.1 is not a great color match on me since it runs a bit more pink than the 1.2. I've also noticed that this foundation oxidizes some when you've had it for a while, but it doesn't seem to affect how the color works on me. I've bought this 3 times and will continue to repurchase for the warmer months unless I find a new HG.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this foundation for about 3 years now and I love it. Everyone is completely fooled into believing I have perfect skin. Yet I suffered from hormonal breakouts for years and now I'm just left with all of the hyper pigmentation. I'm an mac NC25 and use the 2.2 (light golden beige). I use it with either a stippling brush or the real technique expert face brush depending on the coverage I need/want. This foundation is very buildable. I add a finishing powder on top to really make it last all day.

One thing I don't love is the price and no spf. But alas it doesn't break me out and I'm sure anyone who has had acne or suffering from breakouts know when you find something that doesn't cause breakouts, you've hit the lottery! If this makes you breakout I would first take a look at how you are removing your makeup. This foundation isn't the lightest. When I wear it, I feel like I'm wearing foundation (this might be a con for some people). It's heavy. I have to double cleanse my skin in order to completely remove all traces of this foundation. If you use a toner and still find traces of makeup, you probably aren't cleansing your skin enough. Also this foundation is best for people with normal to oily skin. I have dry skin in the winter and I have to put on a moisturizer and/or a moisturizing primer beforehand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good foundation! I like it a lot because it's full coverage and every time I wear it everyone comments on how nice it looks on me. I like it but I don't love it because I think this is the reason I breakout, if I don't wear primer I will for sure breakout. I have bought it a couple of times and when I switch to a different one I always end up coming to this one just Bc I love he way it looks but I am on the search to find something better. Next on my list to try once this is finished is coverfx.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been using this for about two months. This gives medium coverage that doesn't irritate my skin. It's comfortable on my skin, not heavy or greasy or any of the bad adjectives. It lasts well (not amazingly well, but well - through the work day). But it doesn't look great. I don't feel like it really enhances my appearance, so it's rather cold comfort that it stays on all day. It's not great on my dry skin, but it's not terrible. It doesn't settle into lines or pores. But it doesn't really add any life or anything - it's a tad chalky. My face looks dull. It's not the best and it's not the worst, but for the price, it should be better. I'll likely finish the bottle but won't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love it. I have been blessed by the fact that this was the first liquid foundation I researched and decided to try and it ended up being A+. Covers up spots without looking caked on, it looks so smooth and natural and stays on pretty much all day without feeling too heavy. I still look decent with this stuff if I work up a sweat. Simply put it's amazing.

This was my first purchase of a non-drugstore foundation and I absolutely loved it. It's a medium coverage foundation that hid a lot of blemishes and acne without sitting heavy on my face. Staying time is impressive, I can wear this from day to night and rarely touch up. But, I'm coming from drugstore brand foundations so I don't have other high-end stuff to compare with.

I'm not particularly acne prone, but I am far more susceptible to heavy breakouts in my twenties than I was in my teens. However, I was able to wear this foundation every day during college and, as long as I kept a good cleansing regime morning and night. I never suffered any breakouts. I'm going through a pretty bad breakout right now (I have scars all over my face :(, but it's almost over) but I finished using this foundation well before that occurred.

I'd definitely come back to this foundation again, but right now I'm at an experimental stage where I want to try different foundation products from other companies. I'd recommend buying this foundation if you're looking for something with no bells and whistles (aka a miracle formula a la BB/CC creams). This does the job, and covers the face. Just remember to remove your foundation at the end of the night.

I swear I get complimented way more when I wear this than anything else. It is FLAWLESS. You will look as if you were blessed with the most gorgeous complexion. I'm in love with the way this looks! And feels!!! So light yet gorgeous! A must!!!!!

I have been using this product for about a year now and I love it. It stays on all day and doesn't dry out your skin. It's even good while doing sports ( I do ballet so when I have shows it stays put) it's even still there before I go to bed! It sinks into the skin very quickly so you've got to make sure you have a primer as your base but I really recommend this product. The only flaw is for me buying the primer and foundation together is extremely expensive. It adds up to around £50 which is way to much to spend on foundation from this brand. However, it is by far my favourite foundation and works wonders and does not give you spots.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I’ve purchased this foundation twice and I love it. Flat out, nothing beats this for me. I’ve been using it for well over a year now and our relationship was slow to get started. I was very back and forth with it and I use other foundations. Mainly I rotated this out with MAC Prolong Wear and more recently Chanel VA. Slowly this foundation has won my heart and I will keep purchasing this over PLW. The Chanel is a totally different type of foundation and I love it too, but for other purposes. I need uber long wearing makeup and this Smashbox takes the cake for my long days beating feet all over campus experiencing major temp/humidity changes throughout the day. It is the only true long wear foundation that doesn’t dry me out miserably. I think it’s beautiful that they were able to formulate this type of foundation to be hydrating. I’m normal/combo and I don’t have any problems getting extra oily with the foundation. It goes on like a second skin too. It is not completely full coverage but it is buildable. It looks so natural though, which is also amazing for a long wear foundation (looking at you ELDW.) I’ve been experimenting with foundations formulated to last for almost 15 years and have never run across one like this. I think this foundation would also work great for mature skin as it is hydrating and, if applied correctly, adds very little texture to your skin. For reference, NC20 = 1.2

The application is a little finicky imo, which is why I had such a hard time getting to know it. I’ve realized that less is definitely more, and now I use a wet sponge and apply it very thinly, blending and working in sections. I go back and repeat only in areas that need more coverage and viola, fantastic all day, worry free skin. It doesn’t need to be set with powder. I just use my blush and contour powders and don’t worry about setting powder. It’s simply amazing to me and I’m pretty sure I’ve found my life long foundation. As long as they keep making it, I’ll keep buying it.