Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 5/6/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Last all day!!! Looks really natural medium coverage my HG try it!!!!

I was matched with 1.1 (which is the same shade as my neck, but not my face, which is how I like to be matched). So I am told I am looking pale when I'm wearing this foundation.

I find this foundation light as a substance and while applying, but it does feel heavy once on my face and set. It turns a little orange on my skin after time, but not horrifyingly so. I would say it has about 6 hour longevity on me with a beginners application. With a good primer and brush application I'd say it would last a lot longer.

This foundation doesn't like the smoother/different textured skin around my nose, where it blends and cakes quite horribly. Otherwise, it's seamless blending and doesn't streak.

I don't think this is a buildable foundation. It doesn't like being layered after it's been set. Coverage is good-- but like the skin around my nose, it doesn't like different textures like acne and will cake there. Experimentation with better primers might help this issue.

Looks best with a light application for me, personally, too much makes the face look flat. The price was suitable for the product and I don't regret the purchase, but it's not the holy grail for me. Pump packaging and glass bottle is attractive, hygienic and convenient. Velvet type black plastic is annoying to clean dried foundation off, though.

ALSO: This breaks me out consistently.

on 4/27/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation, I've been using this foundation just for a week but i really love it.
It keeps me very very mat all day long! and it doesn't dry my skin out, which is a big plus for me because i have combination skin and it's acne prone.
The color of the foundation is also really perfect for me, i've finally found a foundation that's 100% yellow tone, and i'm really happy with that.
The only thing is that i sometimes have to apply more than 1 layer on some spots, because my redness peaks thru it :(
But it's a great foundation overall!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Congratulations Smashbox, I think I have finally achieved HG foundation thanks to your help. Doesn't stick to or accentuate dry patches or make me oily. Don't believe it's breaking me out, I do have a bit more acne than usual but I think that's due to a change in my skin care regimen. This foundation DOES WHAT IT SAYS. After being applied it doesn't budge at all, so far the longest I've worn it was 12 hours and it still looked the same as when applied. I have to blot maybe once over the course of a day. Doesn't do that gross thing to my glasses where it rubs off onto them as soon as I put them on, which means so much to me, you have no idea (unless you also wear glasses). It doesn't feel or look incredibly heavy on my skin and has a surprisingly natural finish, it's easy to apply and blends well (I use a damp beauty blender). My only complaint is the lightest color is a bit on the orange side, making it a bit dark for me but it's not so orange that it's a deal breaker and once I tan a bit it'll look fine. It is a little on the pricey side but well worth it imo. The packaging is sleek and beautiful, the pump dispenser is perfect and allows a lot of control to minimize product waste. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a foundation that will stand the test of time without being a mask.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is a great foundation. This is very comparable to my beloved discontinued Chanel Mat Lumiere. In fact, I'm satisfied enough to continue to use this in place of when my Mat Lumiere finally runs out. Both are long wearing and give the skin a glow that blurs out imperfections yet provides oil control. What impressed me about Smashbox Studio Skin is that its no joke when they say 15 hour. It lasts for a long time (the most I've worn this was ten hours) and my skin has a tendency to eat foundation but this stayed true from the minute I applied it. I'll now go into detail with this foundation.

Shades: I almost snubbed this foundation off for good because this brand is known to have orange toned shades. I went into the store and swatched all of the 3 shades which I would fall into but all were way off for my skin and dark. I wanted to swatch the next shade lighter, 2.4 but they were all sold out and no tester! I gave up and assumed it wouldn't match anyway. A lady on the message boards said she loved this foundation and suggested I go back and test it out again. So, I did. I went to a different Sephora and tested 2.4 and it was a perfect match but sold out. Thank goodness there was another Sephora 10 minutes away and ended up getting the foundation. This location was very limited on available shades as well. This appears to be the new hot foundation! I even noticed in line that two ladies ahead of me both had this foundation in their baskets. Back to 2.4. For reference, all shades run on the dark side. I'm shade Barcelona in Nars Sheer Glow and 2.4 is about the same shade color. I'm anywhere from NC37-40 in MAC. I'm 6.0 in Urban Decay Naked Skin. 2.4 leans more neutral on me and not as golden as Barcelona and not as yellow as NC.

Packaging: Professional and high quality. The pump is exceptional on this. It dispenses the perfect amount each and every time. It doesn't get messy like MAC and UD foundation pumps. The pump has a secure small black cap that fits tightly over the pump. The formulation of the packaging is very easy to clean as well. It isn't rubberized like Nars and any drips or fingerprints can be easily wiped off.

Texture: This is a medium thickness consistency foundation. It is the same consistency as Chanel Mat Lumiere. Thick enough to hold onto the skin and not run but thin enough to blend easily. As with Chanel Mat Lumiere, Smashbox Studio Skin works best with a foundation brush rather than fingers.

Finish: You get that airbrushed picture perfect finish with this foundation. It doesn't contain shimmer but it gives skin a healthy glow. It is also similar to the finish of Nars Sheer Glow but this outlasts that foundation.

Coverage: Medium buildable. It starts off medium with one layer but this layers beautifully. With two layers, I get close to full coverage.

I have been a MUFE HD girl for a while now. It is one of the only products I have used up and rebought multiple times. Sometimes, though, you just need a little change, and a little sephora splurge.

I was at sephora on payday last week, and looking in the little mirrors, saw that the foundation, powder, blush, and highlighter I'd applied in the morning had turned into a horrible flakey, color separated disaster on my face. The foundation had worn off in patches around my nose, the color looked too light, and my too-pink skin was showing through. Perhaps sephora has magic lighting and mirrors just to show you how terrible you look, so that you feel you must buy something new!

So, I tried the laura mercier silk whatever foundation on one cheek, and the smashbox studio skin on the other. In the kooky sephora mirror, the LM side looked terrible. I could see the foundation sitting on my skin, and the area looked flakey and dry.

The smashbox side looked beautiful! The description in the store said it was moisturizing, and there was nary a flake to be seen. I was happy with it, so I took some home. I got the lightest color, I think it's 1.1. For reference, I am a MAC NC20, and MUFEHD 115. The SB looked a little warmer than I usually wear, and a bit darker in the bottle, but once blended on my skin, it neutralized redness (rosacea) and looked seamless.

At home, I've been applying this with the sephora collection visionary foundation brush, and the finish is beautiful. I wear primer sometimes, but find that the wear lasts all day, even in the creases of my nose and around my eyes even without it. I have noticed no flakiness or exacerbation of dry sensitive skin with this foundation, even though I have heard it marketed for people with oily to combo skin.

on 3/16/2015 7:53:00 PM

This is my HG foundation! I have pretty bad scaring from acne, but this has build-able coverage so I am able to cover my scars without having that caked on look. I get complimented on my skin all the time, my friends can't believe I am wearing foundation.

PROS:
-This lasts ALL day. I have the Smashbox primer, but even if I don't use the primer this stuff is like glue. It will not BUDGE. You won't get oily throughout the daily, it wont fade, it wont oxidize, NOTHING! When I use it with the primer, I have flawless skin from 8 am through till 1 am/2am the following day. It's unbelievable. They are not joking when they say 15 hour wear.
-Very natural looking, I have olive skin and its so hard to find foundation that isn't too pink or too tan. While this looks incredibly dark and orange in the bottle. It matches my face and undertones so well. I definitely recommend it for darker skinned girls!
-Doesn't stick to dry patches, but it also doesn't make you completely oily. It just gives you this perfect "better than skin" glow.
-I have incredibly sensitive skin, and this didn't make me break out at all
-It has an amazing pump on the bottle, you can do a full pump, or "half" a pump. So there is no waste.
-It applies beautifully with a brush AND the beauty blender.
-Absolutely ZERO transfer. This will not transfer onto collars or jackets, pillows etc. Obviously be careful with whites.
-It photographs BEAUTIFULLY. You look photoshopped.
-Very buildable, you can use a small amount for a "no makeup" look, or pack it on without looking cakey.
-Doesn't feel "heavy or sticky" on the face. Obviously no one like a sticky or heavy face. But this foundation literally feels "weightless".

CONS:
-Expensive...for 30 ml its almost $50 in Canada. Since I have scarring and need to use 2 pumps every day, it starts to add up. I can usually make a bottle last 4-5 months using it about 5 days a week. I've tried to find more "budget-friendly" products. But nothing has been comparable yet.
-The shade selection isn't extensive. I think they only have 10 shades, but if you can find one that matches well, BUY IT!
-It sets quickly, I'm not sure this is much of a con. But you do need to blend it right away. But come on, who applies foundation and doesn't blend it right away?

I seriously suggest that everyone go out and try this, or at least if they have a shade that matches. I've tried all sorts of foundation from Laura Mercier, Clinique, Revlon, Urban Decay, Loreal etc. and nothing compares to Smashbox.

on 3/14/2015 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nice foundation, I usually use Clinique even better- this is actually very similar, I did half my face in each and there was no perceptible difference, except the smashbox didn't seem to cling to dry skin as much as the Clinique but that could be because it's a bit drier due to having it longer. The smashbox is also a tiny bit more matte.

Havn't really noticed any massive improvement in longevity which is a shame, also it's medium coverage at best so you need a separate concealer for dark circles/ spots, but that said the colour blend is good and it applies well, doesn't look thick at all.

I would buy again, unless I found something better! Glass bottle will be a pain when it's nearly empty, but there a screw off lid so all is not lost at least.

*TIP after applying a full face with a foundation brush try patting a little extra in with your fingers on dark areas/ spots if you don't have concealer- let a drop sit out for a while to thicken first if need be, works in a pinch.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I HAD to have this! BUT... I needed a new foundation. Long story short...could not match my olive/yellow undertone skin even though this runs yellow!!...maybe orange. Purchased (and returned) all shades in 2's. None worked :( GOOD news for those who CAN find a match- stays on allllllll day! Almost no transfer! I am so sad :( 4 lippies bc great product...-1 bc not my shade.

Stay power is AWESOME on the SB! I wish!

I wear Mac studio NC 30 to NC 35 FYI for shade reference. Seems my winter shade is NC30 currently in Studio Fix.

Pics of swatches::

First foundation (top) is Mac NC30 (perfect for me)

middle: Philosophy Miracle #6 (tad light?)

bottom: smash box 2.3 studio (see orange)
:) Ignore my way pale underarm. I know the shades look oddly dark. Middle Philosophy is near perfect for my winter face. Tad light. MAC NC30. Perfect winter shade.

SMASHBOX 2.3 darkens as it sits during the day and dries. (all have been on arm for 6 hours now in this pic). 2.2 Smashbox gives me a ghost face- for sure...2.3 is a bit light when first applied, then darkens orange as day goes on (for me). 2.4 SB was too dark orange from the get-go.

Full Size Image

Below is a pic JUST after applying the swatches (20 mins). Added is swatch on far right. Smashbox 2.2 which was too light for me. Had it on to compare to SB 2.3. Keep on mind my face is not as light as underarm....and it is applied pretty thick on swatch.
Smashbox runs orange even for my half Italian skin. Mac (top) was still wet in this pic. Keep on mind camera/lighting/etc.

Full Size Image

Update: Went to Sephora. They used the Color IQ on my face. Said match was Studio Smashbox 2.4 (one shade darker?). Applied by staff to my face. So nice...but way too dark and orange (darker than one on my arm in the pic). @sigh@ Smashbox it won't be for me at least for mu winter color. Maybe with a tan :(

on 2/21/2015 3:36:00 PM

This is my all time favorite foundation - hands down. I've never found something that works as well as this one. Not only does it last all day, it has nice sheer coverage but can be built up more so if needed. I have fairly problem prone / oily skin and this doesn't make me break out in the slightest. I wish there was a little bit more product for the price it's at, but regardless I'll continue to purchase this time after time!