Diesel Loverdose EDP

3.6

on 3/31/2013 12:08:00 PM

I realy like this. The dark scent lasts for a couple of hours. After that it becomes more light. I actually like the light scent better, because it has a nice smell of vanilla. I think this scent is best for night time. The packaging is really nice, it's the prettiest packaging i have seen.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is really delicate and delicious, a lovely day to day perfume that's just musky enough to avoid being girly. Also, the bottle is beautiful!

on 12/18/2012 12:44:00 PM

This is definitely a night perfume. When I opened it initially, yuck, it smelled like my grandma's essential balm and I was kind of disgusted, but later it got better and better that I got somehow addictted to it.

I would say it is a very sexy, seductive scent and it is very selective. It's not like Miss Dior Cherie that everyone can carry it at any occasion, I know some people might find it too heavy or so. It's not meant to be a everyday school/office perfume, maybe not even suitable for balls or night out. I just found it so sexy and I will leave it for special moments.

I am not sure about the repurchasing, I don't hate it until now. But I guess I might go for something more special and wearable at daytimes.

I will grade this perfume from my own perspective, hope it's somehow useful for you guys:) (total scores: 5)

Longevity: really long-lasting (4)
Sillage: moderate to heavy (4)
Price: kind of pricy for its quality (3.8)
Packaging Quality: I quite like it, it's a heart-shaped violet purple bottle, great match for its name and the scent.. (4.7)
Suitable occasions: intimate moments or parties. Definitely not a daytime one.

Loverdose is one of the few fragrances on the commercial market I'd rave about. When you first spray it on, the scent is sort of offensive. But when it dries down...you're in for a treat! Licorice & sweet vanilla, followed by a floral note. It's not too strong/overpowering, yet it does linger for hours. If you love Aquolina's Pink Sugar like I do, you'll love it's "grown up cousin" Loverdose too.

on 9/21/2012 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This a weird perplexing scent. On me it smells like how you smell after a night out at a club after wearing a sweet vanilla scent....sweet smoky and kinda dirty. Oddly people keep telling me i smell amazing....i never gotten more compliments on a perfume. It lasts for hours and hours and stays forever on scarves and jackets. Just odd.
After trying this a few more times I realized that I quite like the fragrance at the end of the day when it is simply sweet and has lost the smoke smell. When I put it on, I find the scent actually kind of offensive.

on 9/18/2012 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Smells reminiscent of my HG scent "angel by Thierry mugler" I would seriously bath in that stuff it it wasn't so expensive.... Anyway this had similar notes add a sort of stagnant bubblegum smell which I mean in the best way I'm definitely picking up a bottle even though I just refilled my angel.

on 7/25/2012 5:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

The scent: this certainly is an evening fragrance. I've worn it during the day but it is too heavy and musky for appropriate day wear. It reminds me of "Alien" and it would be a good subsitute although it doesn't have the staying power of Mugler's fragrance. I found that the smell wore away after a while despite applying a significant amount. It has a deep and velvety aroma which I liked interjected with sweetness and vanilla. I got several compliments about Loverdose when wearing it however this was only in the morning - by mid afternoon, there was no scent left.

The bottle: I'm not crazy about the bottle design purely because it kept falling over - it is attractive looking but not the most practical. But when are they ever?

Price: this was a gift however I've looked at the general price range in my local chemists and it is similar to other fragrances however, for the price, I would be far more likely to opt for something else.

Overall: I liked the fragrance in general and it served me well while it lasted, despite it not being long lasting. I won't be repurchasing this and will probably save my money for something that I like a lot more.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a Christmas present and really liked it. But that's where it ends.

I like it. Compared to my other perfumes, it's nothing special. I like the scent but it's just not enough to push me to buy it again if it ever runs out.

Sounds odd, but I have to be in a certain mood to wear this. It's a dark scent unlike all my other perfumes. The last thing I do before leaving the house is put on perfume and Loverdose is usually not choice of the day!

on 6/5/2012 9:14:00 PM

Sweet, warm and sexy. I bought this without having smelled it, based on the notes and reviews, and was a little worried that the licorice note would be too strong - but I found it did not overwhelm this scent at all. This reminds me a LOT of Armani Code - so much so that I sprayed a little of each on my arms to compare. Loverdose is softer, sweeter, and the jasmine note is not nearly as strong...it's the quieter, more modest sister to Code's daring, sexy siren.

If you normally wear soft florals or crisp, clean soapy or citrus scents, this is probably not for you. But if you like stronger, sweeter scents (some favorites of mine are Hypnotic Poison, Armani Code, Fancy, Pink Sugar), you'll most likely enjoy Loverdose too - I did!

on 5/14/2012 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I did not buy this, but tried it on many occasions on. Too sweet and head-ache inducing....

Popular Fragrances