September 17, 2014 | 1923 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by jelbee

I love this stuff. How shall I count the ways...

Well, firstly, I often freshen my eye makeup later in the day after it's smudged or faded. This makes it pretty key that my mascara not clump when reapplying a fresh coat--- and this stuff is pretty damn good on that front.

It also has a really great lengthening effect (from the first couple of strokes you're about good), and thanks to a lack of clumping, it's great for those who like to get the most dramatic effect by building on coats.

And finally, it stays put. I don't have issues with running, flaking or smudging (with the exception of those unfortunate mid-application sneezes).

All in all, great stuff. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I have repurchased this quite a few times. I've also tried the other mascaras offered from Jordana and they aren't bad at all. However best lash extreme is by far my favorite, and definitely one of my favorite mascaras.

For the price you honestly can't pass this up. During BOGO 50% sales I always buy a few to stock up cause I love this product that much. It definitely is a hidden drugstore gem. It leaves my lashes looking like I have flasies on even though they're my natural lashes, it also holds curl very well. It's easy to remove with a makeup remover wipe.

I honestly can't say enough good things about this product. Next time you're at Walgreens check it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by knbruice

The key to success with this mascara: don't use too much product!!!!

This is not one of those mascaras that you can slap on quickly and thickly and expect it to look good. If you don't apply it right, you'll get clumpy, messy spider-lashes.
I use very very light pressure when applying this mascara and I make sure to go slow, and keep a spoolie nearby incase I need to brush out any clumps or weird spots. Everytime I do this, I get loooong, dark, volumized, separated lashes that almost look like falsies! I get a lot of compliments on this mascara and when I tell people it costs 2.99 nobody believes me haha. I buy 3-4 tubes of this at a time it's so cheap and I love to stock up! Definitely a favorite and you can't the price. Tube lasts long too. Only complaint about this product is that if you aren't careful you'll get clumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this last week after reading all the good reviews. I have to say it is a damn good mascara especially for the price! I paid 5 bucks for it at Walgreens. I like the brush and it gives good volume, I give it about two or three coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Like shoes, you got to break in your mascara. Every single mascara I have ever tried, your first few applications after opening are never any good. I donít have a clue as to why this is, it just happens this way. When I first started using it, I was like nothing special about it, after about 5 time using it, it became AMAZING. I think this is amazing at lengthening and volumizing. I would say more length than volume, which I prefer. The lashes are definitely thinker though. Honestly I prefer this over my Yves Saint Laurent mascara. Which I loved at one point. But I would rather purchase this over that! I definitely wish there was a waterproof formula as well! Not that this one smudges, just for summer time or vacations for when I am in the water.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by RachyH

I just bought this mascara yesterday, i was so excited to try it after seeing all the positive reviews AND watching the youtuber Lauren Curtis rave about it.

I tried it this morning a little scared tht it wouldnt be o so amazing, it wasnt... i was thinking uh maybe i put it on wrong(so i put it on again)

Basically this mascara is pretty good for its price, but there were def some pros and some cons.
Pros:good pigment, great length, soft lashes(not hard and crusty)
Cons: if u have straight lashes this mascara only holds the curl a little bit (despite how crazily curled u make ur lashes bforehand),smudges but its easy to wipe away

This is my review after only trying it ONCE(well 1&1/2),so maybe i just need to get used to the brush and/or learn a better way to apply it idk but if it gets better ill definitely write another review! hope this helped somebody!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ladies, did we all buy the same product? This stuff is really not that great! I had high hopes after reading hundreds of positive reviews, but after two weeks of using this product, I can safely say the formula is mediocre at best. I'll start with the positives; it's extremely pigmented and gives lashes a true black tint, as opposed to some mascaras that are marketed as black, but end up looking wishy-washy or like a brown-black color, this is a TRUE black! It's also extremely affordable which is always a bonus.

Having said that, this formula is extremely wet and messy to work with. I thought after two weeks, the tube would dry out a little, and make this easier to apply. It didn't. My face looks like a crime scene after I apply two coats, so clean up takes a while. The formula also stings my eyes and I do not have sensitive eyes. This is the first mascara that has actually caused a burning/stinging reaction for me. Also, because the formula is so wet and messy, this gave my lashes a spidery look, and didn't necessarily add any volume (although it did provide decent lengthening). I'm really baffled by the positive reviews here. This mascara reminds me a bit of Maybelline Great Lash - enough said!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first applied this, I had really high hopes. It looked great in the mirror as I don't mind the "clumpy" type look, but I do comb my lashes to at least attempt to get them and the product evenly distributed after each coat...

boy was that a mistake! This stuff takes forever to dry and as I was combing I got too close to my eye and blinked hard...mess everywhere under my eye and on my eyelid. I cleaned that up, and waited....and waited...and waited, poking at my lashes with the comb to check drying progress until the next attempt. The next try at a comb through, flakes everywhere, both on lid and under eye and I hadn't even attempted to apply to my lower lashes yet. Bleh...

I'll try it again at a later time and resist the combing and report back the results

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this off the Jordana website for AUD $12. It was a good bargain, considering the hype it had across the globe. When I received it, I was not so happy with it. There was nothing wrong with the packaging, everything arrived properly and decently, but when I applied it onto my lashes I was so upset. I have long, full eyelashes and when applied, it produced the same effect like benefit's they're real mascara. I don't like benefits mascara, because its just clumpy and it doesn't look nice on me. So Jordana's mascara also gave me clumpy ugly eyelashes. It kept flaking off, and I had to continuously go to the bathroom to sweep off any excess flakes on my cheeks and my eyeballs. Every time i removed my makeup, the mascara ran down to my bottom lashes, and it got clumped inside my eyeball section and inner eyes. I think Im just going to stick to max factors false lash effect mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I caved into the reviews and purchased a tube on eBay and I'm not disappointed.
In fact, I'm so impressed that I made the trek across the border and picked up two more tubes at Walgreens. (the things we do for makeup!)

The formula is rather wet and I can see how it can clump lashes together especially when using a brand new tube. I wipe the wand along the opening of the tube to remove any excess and this works for me in avoiding clumpy, spidery lashes. (hence the one lipstick off the rating as I'm not crazy about having to wipe off excess mascara)
I should note that my lashes are very thin and short and they work well with this sort of formula. If your lashes are relatively thick and full, this mascara will probably end up clumping.

The pigment is a deep black and despite its name, it's mainly a lengthening mascara but it does give decent volume. I like to layer it with a thickening mascara for that extra oomph.
My lashes have fantastic length when I wear this mascaras and staying power is excellent - lasts all day without smudging or flaking.
Jordana retails for $2.99 and it proves that you don't need to spend the big bucks on high end mascaras.

Be prepared for some serious panda eyes when you remove at night as I found out. I like to use a q-tip dipped in eye makeup remover as a final clean up to avoid that dreaded 'black ring' look in the morning.

I'll definitely repurchase this mascara or stock up if I'm at a Walgreens.