April 24, 2014 | 1888 users online

Concealers - Sephora - Smoothing & Brightening

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Earth_Apple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Sephora after noticing that it was on sale for super cheap - I'm talking like $4 or something. Assuming it would be at least decent (I generally stick to drugstore brands), I went ahead and bought three of them. But when I went to try it on, I couldn't even get the stuff out of the tube! I kept turning and turning, waiting for even a little bit of product to emerge, but to no avail. Finally I gave up, but the concealer must have decided to make its appearance at some point, because the next day there was tons of it bleeding all over the bristles and cap.

I've read glowing reviews, so maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I find it IMPOSSIBLE to get this concealer out of the stupid tube unless you're willing to wait an hour or so for it. I have tried storing it upside down, lying flat, right-side up, but nothing makes a difference. Also, the majority of the product gets stuck in the bristles and cakes up very quickly, so I have to constantly be washing it all off.

I will say, the actual concealer isn't bad. It seemed to do its job, had OK staying power, and didn't seem to settle into fine lines. But the packaging.. ugh. Can't help but wonder who thought it would be a good idea. Not worth a repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've been trying to find a replacement for my now-discontinuted HG concealer (clinique city stick). concealer is VERY important to me. it's the one thing i NEED to wear every day. unfortunately, it's also very hard to find a good one.

after perusing reviews on here, it appeared to me that it's nearly impossible to find a good concealer and everyone is so particular about what works for them... i really wanted to find an easy answer but... no dice.

so i hunted on my own and bought and returned a few from sephora.

i really like this one. it's a much diff consistency than my previous fave, but it goes on super nice and smooth, feels hydrating, doesn't set into lines, i can use around my nose as well (i use it primarily for under eyes though) and it doesnt flake or look cakey or anything, which so many concealers do. and... it actually does COVER circles and uneven tones.

another major pro: it's SO cheap! $14! at least i consider that peanuts to spend on a product i absolutely depend on.

CON:

it appears that it's being phased out, because it took me forever to track down the color i wanted here in manhattan. a technician at sephora said it was discontinued and had to get me one from the warehouse, although it appears it's still online.... but yeah, if it's being discontinued -- SO annoying. i almost bought two but had spent so much already that day i decided not to. may go back and get an extra in case these do get phased out and then i'm once again on a quest to find a good concealer....

EDIT:
This has barely lasted me at all. I use concealer daily and every other kind I've purchased has lasted at LEAST six months. I'm on month two of using this thing and it's about to be finished. Also, can't find it anywhere. Really think it's being discontinued.

EDIT 2:
I thought it was running out but it lasted much longer than I anticipated. (about 4 months). It definitely has been discontinued now but I stocked up last time I was at sephora (have about 4-5 now). Still very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by andreambh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love this product! I have tried everything and this absolutely the best. I have very fair skin with dark under eye circles so it seems especially hard for me to find a tone that is not too light or too dark. I use the rose color and it is perfect. I recommend that when you apply it, wait a little bit before blending because it is pretty thin at first. It also does not settle into my lines. Wonderful stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received this concealer in Radiant Rose and it is almost a dupe for the Loreal Air Wear Brightener concealer that was long ago discontinued. It has almost the exact same color and coverage, so I am happy to have finally found something to replace that. I have terrible dark circles that are hereditary as even when I do get enough sleep, I have very dark circles. Yellow concealers just make the area have a grayish cast, but pink based ones tend to brighten a bit better and conceal better. I feel this is also better than the Benefit Eye Bright pencil because the Eye Bright pencil is more dry going on. Yes, I will repurchase this product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No