April 16, 2014 | 1919 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tycho12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick wavy 2b hair. I agree with the other reviewers, this does not have the power to dry your hair from very wet to a finished style. BUT that's not how I use it. I use a round brush and regular dryer to dry my hair first. Then I use this on the outer (canopy) sections to smooth them perfectly. I also use this on my long bangs. Using this I get a super perfect smooth look. No flat iron needed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this spin brush. I love the concept of it, it works well, and I like the large barrel, but it just doesn't get hot enough to give me the same results as drying with a manual round brush. I have a conair brush that blows actual hot air; it doesn't spin, but at least it gets as hot as a blow dryer and I can use it on wet hair. This one does not get hot enough to use on wet hair, your hair must be at least 90% to 100% dry. It's also not hot enough to remove all the kinks if you have curly or wavy hair, I have to straighten my hair first (in large sections) before using if I want to make sure my hair comes out kink free. So it's counterintuitive since the point of using this spin brush over a straightener is to preserve volume. There is a bit of a learning curve to remember which button spins in which direction, and how far up you can go without causing tangles, but once you learn it becomes natural.
If only it was actually hot instead of just warm air, it would be perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been a longtime devotee of hot air brushes and even though I already have a regular one, I am glad I bought this one. The spinning action helps smooth the hair and curl the hair in or out very quickly. Using this is much easier than wrangling a round brush and a blow dryer with thick hair. I use this by dividing my damp hair into sections, then curling my layers in or out as I prefer. It is so much quicker than using a round brush because it only takes one or two pass throughs to get my hair smooth and flicked out the way I want it.

I used this tonight and received so many compliments--friends asked if I had had a professional blowout!

This would be perfect for smoothing and defining layered hair that is longer than chin length (the barrel is too big for anything shorter than that). Another nice thing about this brush is that it comes with a cover, which is useful for travel and storage. All of my other air brushes have not had covers, so they either snag clothes or get their bristles bent during travel.

On the negative side, this brush is pretty useless on very wet or completely dry hair. Also, you can't use this brush to create curls along the length of your hair, so it won't replace all of your other hot hair tools.

The downside is that the barrel is large, about 2", so it gives you a really big curl, which can be limiting for shorter hair (a flip out could look weirdly disproportionate). Don't expect this to replace your blow dryer-- this is only for styling once your hair is damp or dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was awful. I'm pretty good with hair dryers and round brushes so I don't think it was lack of skill. This dryer would be working and spinning just fine and then all of sudden it would grab the hair and roll all the way up to the scalp with my hair tangled in it. It hurt like crazy. It also takes forever to dry with this. So, you need to airdry it until it is almost completely dry and then use this. Or you need to dry it with a regular dryer first and then use this. It seems like an unnecessary second step and it doesn't even work well at that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Meh - I purchased at Walmart (the red more expensive color at $53 because they were all sold out of the cheaper black color at $39).

It's OK. It's not heavy IMO, it definitely puts out the heat, but not enough to burn my scalp. The 2 way rotation takes a bit of getting used to - there is a learning curve, but if I can master in a few minutes, so could you cause I'm a hair idiot!

I have an inverted bob (shorter/stacked in back, longer along sides) fine, colored, but lots of hair. It has a slight wave to it now (post pregnancy).

I was looking for something to replace my 2 handed method of blow drying w/ round brush. This won't do that. Yes, it dries, but a lot slower than my regular dryer which I knew going in, but I did not get the promised volume and shine. So, kind of pointless for me. Yes, I got a little volume, but it took me 2x as long to dry my hair so unless I was going to get sky high volume, not worth the extra time for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Marjacobs27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bulky, heavy and too much trouble for what the results are. I get my hair done in way less time with my Karmin hair dryer. Won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

I was looking for a new blow dryer but I came across this spin air brush instead. I thought it was just a gimmicky product that didn't work, but I looked up reviews and they seemed overall pretty positive. I got it on Amazon for about $40, which is a good price compared to other places. Anyways, I use this on my hair after I air dry/towel dry it, while it's still a bit damp. I have short-med straight-ish hair and I thought the brush was big and a little heavy, but it works so well! I could never figure out how to use a blow dryer and brush to straighten my hair, so I would usually just blow dry it and use a straight iron, which gave me mehh results and just does twice the damage. Just using this brush minimizes the damage since i'm just using heat on it once. After using this product for the first time, everyone at work told me how good my hair looked. It's pretty easy to use, a little scary at first haha but it takes some practice to learn all the different ways you could style your hair. It gives me results similar to a salon, so i'm really satisfied with this product. It's amazing!

EDIT: I've been using this for awhile now, and it's my favorite styling tool. But I noticed that it does snag my hair a bit whenever I use it so it does cause some breakage, but not enough to deter me from using it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a very unique hair drying/styling tool. It is somewhat similar to a hot air brush, but the brush at the end (with the push of a button) can spin continuously. Though this is a but pricey, I think it is worth the expense. This gives a salon blow out result for those that are inept with a separate brush and hair dryer (me!). And it seems every time that I use this, my hair looks softer and shinier. This is surprisingly easy to use too and seems to inflict less damage on my hair than the usual hot air brush that I was using. Generally speaking, this doesn't do all that much better of a job drying/styling than my $20 Revlon hot air bush, but it does produce a shinier, softer result. Where this product really excels is on freshening up second day hair. If you run the spin brush over your bangs and whole head, you're left with fuller, smoother, shinier hair. This does it all, dries and styles damp hair, styles dry hair, and freshens up second day (or third day) hair. I would specifically repurchase this if it broke.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this!!
When I first saw the ads, I laughed to myself. I thought this contraption would soon go the way of the Thigh Master and the Slap Chop. Then I read reviews and watched how-to videos on YouTube. I was intrigued but decided it would be too complicated for me; I'm uncoordinated and find it impossible to do the dryer/round brush routine. But I finally buckled and bought the Spin Air Brush, placing the receipt in my wallet with the conviction I would most probably be returning it.
That evening, I tried it on my dry hair to see if I could even operate this thing properly. Once I figured out the direction for each button, I put the device on low heat and placed it on the end of a chunk of hair, pressed the correct button and let it roll up to my scalp. Then I released the button and held the brush for a few seconds and removed it manually (directions say to press the opposite-direction button to release but that is just too complicated for me).
Holy cow! Even with DRY hair on LOW heat, my hair looked amazing! I didn't even run the brush along my hair (from scalp to ends) before I let it roll up my hair (the directions tell you to do this). I have very fine, thin, frizzy, wavy hair. Blow dryers often invite more frizz and flat irons, while damaging my hair, make it limp and stick-straight. This brush gave me soft, shiny, bouncy waves.
This morning, I took it to the gym. After my workout, I didn't bother washing my hair. Instead, I simply ran the brush through some sections, again, on low heat with dry hair. And once again I had amazing results.
Not only must this be much less damaging to my hair than a flat iron, but also, it produces most superior results for me. I was concerned the brush bristles would rip/pull my hair but they are very soft and the brush is pretty gentle too; it does not "yank" the hair. Thus, I am in love with this brush. To note: I have thin/fine wavy hair. I do not know if someone with thick and/or very curly hair would have the same results.
Some advice:
--NEVER use this on a very wet head. Wait until your hair is at least 90% dry.
--if complicated gadgets get you down, keep it simple. After rolling it up my hair, I often remove the brush manually instead of pressing the opposite button to release it (it's hard to see the buttons when doing your hair).
--cool shot button....haven't even bothered with it yet. WAY too complicated for me and my hair seems fine without it.
--don't just use it for post-showers. It's great for a hair refresher on dry locks. This gadget actually enables me to wash my hair less.
--in Canada, you can buy it on Amazon.ca, or at Rexall Drugstores and Sears

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i basically never dry my hair, but now that i'm out in the west i find that the bay area leaves my hair wet FOREVER. as a result, i am forced to use a hairdryer. i picked this one after not much research at all, and i'm pretty happy with it.

the ONLY drawback i see is that the brush spins a little too quickly for my liking. it doesn't get caught or tangled in your hair like it looks like it would (and trust me, i have quite coarse and thick hair that is prone to tangling if not smoothed to bits.) it does make your hair a little weirdly "thick" feeling. the bristles can also bend if you don't keep it in its stupid purple bristle protecting thing.

you also can't expect to use this immediately when you get out of the shower. let your hair airdry for a while. a long while. not like many people want to use a dryer on sopping wet hair anyhow. i mean, if you're on this site, you know to do that by now, anyhow. anyhow, the results are quite straight, shiny hair. i'm very pleased that i grabbed this at a cheap price. i doubt i'd buy it again simply b/c new gimmicky stuff from conair comes around a lot, but i got it for cheap so i'm OK with it. if you find it for cheap, and you use it properly, it's a decent item.