October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe I waited this long to try this styler but I'm so glad that I finally did. I have a LOT of hair and it's thick and pin straight and extremely resistant to heat styling. Before trying this, I always loved how my hair looked after the salon but was too lazy to use a round brush and dryer to achieve the same look.

This product was very easy to use- all I did was clip up the top half of my hair and dry small sections of my hair at a time. It does take a bit of trial and error to learn how to use the buttons... I didn't experience any tangling but if you have curly hair, be careful. (Just look at the way the brush spins before you start spinning it through your hair to make sure it's going in the right direction.) The trick is to pull the spinning brush through your hair and just the right speed so that the spinning doesn't tangle your hair. Once you get it, it's really simple.

Drying my hair was so quick and easy and the finished result looks so smooth, like I had it blown out. I even got the ends of my hair to curl a bit- which NEVER happens with my pin straight hair. Love love LOVE THIS STYLER!!!! I'll be using this every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd been eyeing this brush for some time and finally bought it yesterday at Target as a Christmas present to myself. I used it for the first time this morning after showering and the result was awesome right away, even though my hair was more than 50% wet when I started because I never read the directions. My hair is chin length, very thick, highlighted and I can't believe how healthy and glossy it looks. As if I'd had it done at the salon. Another positive is that it took me less than 10 minutes to dry my whole head, an all-time record.

Yes, the brush is bigger than I would have preferred, 2" is big for chin length layered hair, but this is a keeper! Especially for someone who was never able to do the hand-held blow-dryer and round brush thing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by thepersuasion

My hair does not take very long to dry so I was able to use it when my hair was 50% dried.The tool is not very heavy and I manage to use it with one hand. The best thing about this product is I can basically get a blowout from my home everyday! The cons: I think this product works BEST if you have long, fine, layered hair. I have blended layers throughout my long hair with shorter layers on top (to provide volume). My thicker haired friends indicate they have to dry their hair and they receive better results using a curling iron or straightener afterwards. My tip: if you have have long fine hair with layers and you're looking for some lift and shine, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by underoos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I just bought this and have used it once... these are my initial thoughts after the one use.

1) I don't know how many times I needed to read that my hair should be at least 80% dry before using, but I guess it's more than 500. I read a ton of reviews here and on Amazon making it VERY VERY CLEAR my hair should be seriously almost dry before using this, but I went ahead and used it on my 50% dry hair anyway. No negative result, it just took probably double the time to get my hair done than if I'd, you know, followed repeated instructions.

2) I didn't find this tool particularly heavy, and I was able to easily manipulate it with one hand. I did find, though, that in order to get enough tension on the hair strand to get it nice and smooth, I sometimes had to hold the tool with both hands. I had it on the "high" setting, and often I wasn't strong enough with one hand to keep the brush from twirling all the way into my scalp. I have a ton of hair, though, and it's halfway down my back, so that might have been why. FYI: If you hold the spin button down too long or it "gets away from you" and spins down to your scalp, ther isn't an automatic shutoff feature. You need to let go of the spin button. This may seem like a no-brainer, but several times I "overspun" into my roots and went "AGHHHHHH!" for a split-second before I remembered to let go.

3) It's almost impossible to tangle your hair with this. If anyone should've ended up with a giant rat's nest it's me, and I didn't at all. Not even a little bit. Having said that, you want to keep the sections of hair you're working on no wider than 2", for real. I got sloppy and tried to use wider sections, and my hair ended up getting caught in the endcap of the brush, and that snags like hell. It's not like a regular round brush where any extra hair just harmlessly falls over the edge of the brush, no; your extra hair strands will wind up in the end grove of the brush and get pulled out. I made this mistake maybe 2 or 3 times and lost 2 or 3 hairs so it's not a catastrophe, but it's easily avoided. Just use smaller sections.

4) I also wasted a lot of time using this on the bottom layers of my hair. It's all one length under there and I can just as easily get it smooth with a paddle brush and a hair dryer, so next time I'll just use this brush on the top layers of my hair (long layers) and save myself a lot of time.

5) Ordinarily I use a round brush and a blow dryer to blow my hair smooth (badly, it never works out), and then I hot roll it to add volume and a little bounce. Using this brush (and no additional round brushing or hot rollers) took about the same amount of time, but looks twice as good. It REALLY DOES look like I just left my stylist, it's that smooth and shiny. I've never been able to achieve this level of smoothness before with ANYthing-- not multiple round brushes, not rollers, not flat irons, not the In-Styler, nothing. I need to work on getting more volume by holding it at the roots, but that's just me needing to practice.

All in all, I'm really happy with this brush. There is a little bit of a learning curve to get used to it, but I found it easy enough and not intimidating at all right out of the box, and I'm excited to play around with it to see what else I can do!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Kaspasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are definitely a few flaws with this product. I think the bristles are a bit too soft and I have to lightly hold my hand over the brush when Iím working on the top to get the brush to grab my hair but I think the reason the leave the bristle soft is so they donít tangle in the hair, itís the only explanation I can think of. I also wish they would come out with a 1 Ĺ inch barrel which I think would also help with the hair on the top. Over all I like it. I paid about $30 for it on Amazon and it is not worth more than $40! One other comment, I have I read so many reviews about this product on several different sites where people are complaining that this brush doesnít dry your hair. THIS IS A STYLING PRODUCT IT ISNíT MEANT TO BE USED ON SOAKING WET HAIR! Even if you are drying your hair with a blow dryer and a brush you should remove about 80% of the moisture before you start styling with the brush. This is the way professional hair stylist finish hair and itís one of the reasons your hair always looks better when you have it dried professionally. If you start styling soaking wet hair with a blow dryer and brush, a spin brush the hair will not get completely dry and that will make it frizz and lose its shape. Please remember, THIS IS A STYLING PRODUCT SO YOU MUST DRY HAIR 80% BEFORE YOU START STYLING FOR A GOOD RESULT! I guarantee if you dry your hair 80% or wait until it air dries to a damp state you will get great result. Good Luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by tycho12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick wavy 2b hair. I agree with the other reviewers, this does not have the power to dry your hair from very wet to a finished style. BUT that's not how I use it. I use a round brush and regular dryer to dry my hair first. Then I use this on the outer (canopy) sections to smooth them perfectly. I also use this on my long bangs. Using this I get a super perfect smooth look. No flat iron needed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this spin brush. I love the concept of it, it works well, and I like the large barrel, but it just doesn't get hot enough to give me the same results as drying with a manual round brush. I have a conair brush that blows actual hot air; it doesn't spin, but at least it gets as hot as a blow dryer and I can use it on wet hair. This one does not get hot enough to use on wet hair, your hair must be at least 90% to 100% dry. It's also not hot enough to remove all the kinks if you have curly or wavy hair, I have to straighten my hair first (in large sections) before using if I want to make sure my hair comes out kink free. So it's counterintuitive since the point of using this spin brush over a straightener is to preserve volume. There is a bit of a learning curve to remember which button spins in which direction, and how far up you can go without causing tangles, but once you learn it becomes natural.
If only it was actually hot instead of just warm air, it would be perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been a longtime devotee of hot air brushes and even though I already have a regular one, I am glad I bought this one. The spinning action helps smooth the hair and curl the hair in or out very quickly. Using this is much easier than wrangling a round brush and a blow dryer with thick hair. I use this by dividing my damp hair into sections, then curling my layers in or out as I prefer. It is so much quicker than using a round brush because it only takes one or two pass throughs to get my hair smooth and flicked out the way I want it.

I used this tonight and received so many compliments--friends asked if I had had a professional blowout!

This would be perfect for smoothing and defining layered hair that is longer than chin length (the barrel is too big for anything shorter than that). Another nice thing about this brush is that it comes with a cover, which is useful for travel and storage. All of my other air brushes have not had covers, so they either snag clothes or get their bristles bent during travel.

On the negative side, this brush is pretty useless on very wet or completely dry hair. Also, you can't use this brush to create curls along the length of your hair, so it won't replace all of your other hot hair tools.

The downside is that the barrel is large, about 2", so it gives you a really big curl, which can be limiting for shorter hair (a flip out could look weirdly disproportionate). Don't expect this to replace your blow dryer-- this is only for styling once your hair is damp or dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was awful. I'm pretty good with hair dryers and round brushes so I don't think it was lack of skill. This dryer would be working and spinning just fine and then all of sudden it would grab the hair and roll all the way up to the scalp with my hair tangled in it. It hurt like crazy. It also takes forever to dry with this. So, you need to airdry it until it is almost completely dry and then use this. Or you need to dry it with a regular dryer first and then use this. It seems like an unnecessary second step and it doesn't even work well at that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Meh - I purchased at Walmart (the red more expensive color at $53 because they were all sold out of the cheaper black color at $39).

It's OK. It's not heavy IMO, it definitely puts out the heat, but not enough to burn my scalp. The 2 way rotation takes a bit of getting used to - there is a learning curve, but if I can master in a few minutes, so could you cause I'm a hair idiot!

I have an inverted bob (shorter/stacked in back, longer along sides) fine, colored, but lots of hair. It has a slight wave to it now (post pregnancy).

I was looking for something to replace my 2 handed method of blow drying w/ round brush. This won't do that. Yes, it dries, but a lot slower than my regular dryer which I knew going in, but I did not get the promised volume and shine. So, kind of pointless for me. Yes, I got a little volume, but it took me 2x as long to dry my hair so unless I was going to get sky high volume, not worth the extra time for me.