September 2, 2014 | 1456 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

HG! I have three of these now, Pearl Grey, Amethyst, and Rose Gold. I carry them in my purse for on the go makeup application, and they are great! Easy to apply, pretty colors, and they blend well. They also stay in place well on my hooded, oily lids when I use primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these Caviar Sticks. I have Sand Glow and Khaki. They go on very smooth. They blend easily. Once, they set, they are really set. I have hooded oily eyes and I can wear these for a couple of hours without primer before they start to crease (that is a very big deal for me).

These are kind of similar to Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick. However, I like the Caviar Sticks better. To me, the Bobbi Brown doesn't apply as well. I find it hard to get it to look as smooth as the Caviar Sticks (this is coming from a huge Bobbi Brown fan btw).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

No one has a product like this - and it is awesome. I bought Sandglow and it has more than exceeded my expectations - color, payoff, ease of application, just FUN to use. Thank you Laura Mercier -I'll probably never use a powder shadow again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by NKS

I only found out about these products fairly recently although I now realise they've been around for a while. Really only came across them since Bobbi Brown have brought out an almost identical product range. I'm a little sceptical about BB products on the whole - don't think they last that long on combination/oily skin no matter what it says on the tin (but their makeup brushes are brilliant!).

I decided to try out the Caviar Sticks first after reading the reviews here and because I think that Laura Mercier is fairly understated in their own advertising campaigns - I like that it's not pushed in my face every time I walk into House of Fraser, John Lewis, Selfridges, etc. They have just launched 8 new shades this spring in lighter colours on top of their original selection - they are cooler, paler and have a higher content of frost/shimmer with names like mint snow, sugar frost, rose gold and sand glow. On south Asian and darker skin tones, I feel that most of these shades would serve as highlighters and colours to 'lift' the eye makeup in inner corners or as lower lash liners.

So I had a look at the original shades and bought Smoke, Jungle, Sapphire and managed to pick up the limited edition summer 2012 shade Turquoise which hadn't quite sold out online.

First and foremost the colour pay off is great. The darker shade range isn't as glittery or frosty as the newer colours and give good opaque colour fairly quickly. There are a few issues I am having though and I wonder if it's just a simple matter of practice - initially when I apply the colour (I start with a thick line along my upper lash line) I blend up and out and build up as necessary depending on how intense I want the colour - with Smoke for example, I find it smudges rather than blends giving it a patchy look and makes blending it neatly and subtly to the crease difficult. The end result was that with all the correcting I had to do to cover the patchniness, I ended up with Smoke all over my eyelid and got a very dramatic 'wow-in-your-face' smokey look. It took a bit of work to neaten it in the crease so it didn't look messy or a the result of a punch in the face (I used LM's Stellar powder eyeshadow with a fluffy blending brush and the BB Smudge brush to really blend in the crease). Finishing with a little more on my lower lash line and a coat of mascara, I have to say I was impressed. Not exactly a daytime look unless you have an attitude to carry it off but I gave it a go dressing it down with a little bronzer rather than my usual plum/dusky pink blushers and nude lips. Most importantly - it lasted ALL day without any cracking or creasing or crumbling. I was really really impressed.

I had similar experiences with Sapphire in terms of application and now team it with Tom Ford's Platinum Cream Colour using it mainly at the outer corners and working it a little way into the crease and lining the lower lash line. A lot of compliments with this look.

When trying out Jungle and Turquoise on the back of my hand, they both swatched exactly like Sapphire and Smoke in terms of how they glided on, being creamy and testing their 'blendibility' with my finger which is why I bought them. Maybe it's because I find cooler tones a little harder to work with on my skin tone and therefore they need a lot of work so as not to look messy, garish or downright scary on me, but the green shades were a lot easier to use and blend. I stay away from white/silver/pink/mint green/ice blue shades, so the greens worked really well with all the coppers, golds, bronzes and chocolate browns. Again really impressed with their durability. I didn't touch up once in a 14hr day (even though I took the sticks with me, they take up no room at all sitting in the same pocket as my ball pens).

I only felt they were heavy if I needed to build them up like I did with Smoke, otherwise they're really comfortable to wear, last ages and I'm really happy with them. Seeing as the colour range is better than BB's currently, I'm not in a hurry to try out the rival product unless they bring out a shade I'm desperate to have. Nearly every colour BB have, LM already have or have just brought out. I recently purchased Sandglow - it's more like a dusky gold and can also be used in the crease it iron out any mistakes with the darker colours as well as compliment them.

The packaging is good - durable containers, retractable colour sticks and the usual understated LM design. They are priced at 20.50 in the UK but there is a lot of product which is great. I've taken one mark off as sometimes using and blending them isn't easier than the other powder eyeshadows. (I recommend trying the MAC 217 blending brush or if you want much more control and neater lines and have a bit more time to get ready, the MAC 228 mini shader brush to 'dab' as it sets before blending. And try the Bobbi Brown Eye Smudge brush to really smudge out those obvious lines that you can't seem to blend out - the brush does it so well without rubbing the product off). I will definitely purchase more Caviar sticks in the future - fingers crossed for a teal blue!!!!

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought this is Sapphire, which is a lovely cool dark navy blue with some shimmer and some purple. It is very creamy and easy to blend. Highly pigmented. Gorgeous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by DiamondTiaras

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are completely brilliant! Super pigmented, super simple to apply, smudge-proof, and very, very convenient for travel or days when you need to get ready quickly. I recently purchased two of these in Orchid and Sugar Frost, and both colors are gorgeous. One thing to point out is that both colors, particularly Sugar Frost, are very shimmery/glittery. There's no fallout, but just be aware that if you're looking for something more matte, these might not be the products for you!

I always use these with Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, and the colors really do last all day. I find them easy to blend and layer with powder shadows, but once they set, they're they really don't move. I love Caviar Eye Sticks and plan on purchasing Khaki and Amethyst from the permanent range next!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The caviar sticks are the first product I have purchased from Laura Mercier for myself. I purchased khaki, steel, jungle and turquoise. WOW! I am impressed is my first comment. These are true to color and long lasting! (Make sure to use an eye base/primer as they are essentially cream shadows in twist-up stick form.) An easy two minute eye-dot a small amount on with the pencil or a brush, blend out to desired intensity with a brush-simple eye done! These can also be used as eyeliners. The twist-up pencil case is a nice metallic brown color. Super easy for on the go or travel! I will definitely be back for more! Pricing around $24USD each.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely gorgeous. I have this in Amethyst and Turquoise (summer 2012 LE), and there's a decent color selection. They are highly pigmented, glide right on, smudge well, and when set, do not budge, even with water and rubbing. It takes eye makeup remover to get this babies off. The sticks can be used as eyeliner or shadow and are pretty much the perfect product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromMichigan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When the MA suggested use of an eye stick I kind of rolled my eyes because I have never ever been a fan but the Cavier Stick absolutely changed my mind. I bought one then two more then two more and would buy more if additional colors were available. I love love love the ease of application (I use a small smudge brush) and that the product is long-lasting. It can make a mess if you apply too much so use an easy touch. Thank you Laura for another terrific product. This line is selling me over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Beach

I have these in a few colors and love them! I line the lower & the upper inner rim with a brush or right from the tube and they last all day. No touching up necessary! Use them as shadows also and the color lasts and does not crease or fade. Just got the new shade Turquois and I love it....especially with the Cocoa. Great product!
12/9/12...Just wanted to add that I have found nothing that keeps the inner rims the same as when I put it on in the morning and lasts ALL day. Hope they add more colors soon!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No