NARS Larger Than Life

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis [Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil], Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis [Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil], Cera Carnauba [Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax], Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids], Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopherol, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax/Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Sorbitan Isostearate, Portulaca Pilosa (Portulaca Pilosa Extract), Alaria Esculenta (Alaria Esculenta Extract), Sucrose Cocoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

on 7/31/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had gone to Sephora to treat myself to some of the classic Nars lipglosses when this formula caught my eye and I tried it on. The little brush is obnoxious to use but I really liked that this formula is thicker and tackier in texture than the classic formula. It also has better color payoff and I like the stickiness because it lasts longer. One major plus is that is fragrance free, which is important to me because I have sensitivities to fragrances. Another thing I noticed is that my chronically dry lips got a lot better when I started using these lipglosses. I don't know if its the formula or the lack of fragrance is keeping them from getting chapped but that's a huge deal to me, so much that I will be definitely be getting more of these. So far I have Odalisque which is a beautiful light melon shade, and Paris Follies, a pretty warm pink.

Edit: I bought two more. Piree, a very naturally looking nude pink similar to the regular Nars lipgloss in Chihuahua, and Viva, a classic warm rose shade somewhat similar to Dolce Vita.

on 7/11/2013 6:43:00 AM

I got the color 'spring break' in sample size. Its light- beige and super sticky. It flakes on me so I mix this with my other glosses so its not soo gooey. The brush is like a tiny Q- tip perhaps designed for precise application. Glad i got to try this small sample instead of splurging... didnt like the thick texture, color and flakiness. Wont purchase.

on 7/11/2013 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although I love Nars this lip gloss was a bit of a let down. I got the larger than life lip gloss in the colour coeur sucre. It is a really pretty barbie pink colour with a little bit of sparkle but I do not like this lip gloss the because it is very sticky and hard to spread out evenly on your lips. the brush is not the best either.

on 5/28/2013 11:46:00 AM

I pair Holly Woodlawn with Niagra and its a goregous pink coral. This lipgloss gives great pigmentation, and does last a bit longer than most lipglosses. The color is amazing, and the texture of the gloss is not too sticky. It walks that fine line.

It's a little pricey and the applicator could be a bit better. However, it makes up for it with amazing color pay off and how it just brightens your face.

Try it out.

on 5/12/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried Nars lip glosses before, but thought they were nothing special. The Larger than Life collection has changed my mind. I went to Sephora today looking for a nude, opaque gloss that wouldn't look too pale on me. When I tried Tiber, a pinkish-brown nude color, I instantly knew I had found it. Tiber is the best nude lip gloss I have ever tried, hands down!! It's so creamy and has just the right amount of stickiness. I've only had this for a day, but I'm completely in love with it. I'll definitely be purchasing other colors from this collection & would highly recommend them.

on 11/23/2012 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this in Odalisque which is a good everyday shade for me. I really like the formula which is long lasting (even stays on after a coffee) and isn't sticky, but I really strongly dislike the tiny brush! Who started the trend with these? It means you have to dip a couple of times to get enough product on and you need a mirror to see where you need more coverage, so no quick touch ups without looking like you can easily do with a doe foot. I am wondering if I can swap over an applicator from another product. If they would change this it would be perfect.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I have this in Rouge Tribal (described as metallic burgundy) and it's amazeballs! For fall/winter you can wear this over many of your summertime lippies and create a whole new, deeper,more intense look. My favorite way to wear this though is overtop NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu What a super hawt combination!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

A gift from the bf after a really bad day. We had been mall crawling to hide from the rain and when we passed Sephora he led me in and said pick something, yea he's a keeper.
Anyway, the color is divine, if you like lavender with a hint of baby pink this is definitely the gloss for you.

You can apply it sheer with a light coat or build to suit your mood. I don't find it sticky and the consistency is super smooth like glass. The applicator brush is very small and at first I thought,,? huh but its perfect just enough bristle to give great control.

Yeaaa I know the price....even when something is a gift if its expensive and I have to think about buying it I think its even more reason to appreciate it. So if your gonna splurge I say go swatch this, then get it.

Another NARS hit in my book

on 10/26/2012 7:51:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff, and am now thrilled that there is a whole range of limited edition Andy Warhol-inspired colors. I picked up Viva and Holly Woodlawn. (Kids, look 'em up--based on artsy folks famous way back when Warhol had his following.) Love the texture, which is glossy and opaque but not heavy; love the little brush, which stays firm and keeps it shape & lets me apply precisely.
UPDATE: I just got the Annees Folles (sheer violet) color and I love it. It doesn't really look all that purple on the lips; just nicely softens a stronger color. Wearing it today over a bright pink & it's a knockout.

on 10/16/2012 4:13:00 AM

I love this baby. It probably has the most perfect formula. Place Vendome is a raspberry red-pink colour which is vivid and opaque enough to use on its own without any lipstick. (not many lipgloss can do that!) It is not sticky so don't worry about your hair strands getting stuck in it. It glides on my lips pretty smoothly and my lips feel soft afterwards so it is not drying at all. I really like how it feels on my lips. Most lipgloss gives me the feeling that I have like a layer of gunk over my lips, but not this one!

But I really hate the applicator it is such a tiny and skinny brush. Makes application such a hassle and uneven.

Check out my blog here for pictures
elbeautypage.blogspot.com