April 24, 2014 | 1897 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Larger Than Life

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by 3Boyz

I pair Holly Woodlawn with Niagra and its a goregous pink coral. This lipgloss gives great pigmentation, and does last a bit longer than most lipglosses. The color is amazing, and the texture of the gloss is not too sticky. It walks that fine line.

It's a little pricey and the applicator could be a bit better. However, it makes up for it with amazing color pay off and how it just brightens your face.

Try it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried Nars lip glosses before, but thought they were nothing special. The Larger than Life collection has changed my mind. I went to Sephora today looking for a nude, opaque gloss that wouldn't look too pale on me. When I tried Tiber, a pinkish-brown nude color, I instantly knew I had found it. Tiber is the best nude lip gloss I have ever tried, hands down!! It's so creamy and has just the right amount of stickiness. I've only had this for a day, but I'm completely in love with it. I'll definitely be purchasing other colors from this collection & would highly recommend them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Odalisque which is a good everyday shade for me. I really like the formula which is long lasting (even stays on after a coffee) and isn't sticky, but I really strongly dislike the tiny brush! Who started the trend with these? It means you have to dip a couple of times to get enough product on and you need a mirror to see where you need more coverage, so no quick touch ups without looking like you can easily do with a doe foot. I am wondering if I can swap over an applicator from another product. If they would change this it would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Rouge Tribal (described as metallic burgundy) and it's amazeballs! For fall/winter you can wear this over many of your summertime lippies and create a whole new, deeper,more intense look. My favorite way to wear this though is overtop NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu What a super hawt combination!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

A gift from the bf after a really bad day. We had been mall crawling to hide from the rain and when we passed Sephora he led me in and said pick something, yea he's a keeper.
Anyway, the color is divine, if you like lavender with a hint of baby pink this is definitely the gloss for you.

You can apply it sheer with a light coat or build to suit your mood. I don't find it sticky and the consistency is super smooth like glass. The applicator brush is very small and at first I thought,,? huh but its perfect just enough bristle to give great control.

Yeaaa I know the price....even when something is a gift if its expensive and I have to think about buying it I think its even more reason to appreciate it. So if your gonna splurge I say go swatch this, then get it.

Another NARS hit in my book

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff, and am now thrilled that there is a whole range of limited edition Andy Warhol-inspired colors. I picked up Viva and Holly Woodlawn. (Kids, look 'em up--based on artsy folks famous way back when Warhol had his following.) Love the texture, which is glossy and opaque but not heavy; love the little brush, which stays firm and keeps it shape & lets me apply precisely.
UPDATE: I just got the Sheer Violet color and I love it. It doesn't really look all that purple on the lips; just nicely softens a stronger color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by lizaza

I love this baby. It probably has the most perfect formula. Place Vendome is a raspberry red-pink colour which is vivid and opaque enough to use on its own without any lipstick. (not many lipgloss can do that!) It is not sticky so don't worry about your hair strands getting stuck in it. It glides on my lips pretty smoothly and my lips feel soft afterwards so it is not drying at all. I really like how it feels on my lips. Most lipgloss gives me the feeling that I have like a layer of gunk over my lips, but not this one!

But I really hate the applicator it is such a tiny and skinny brush. Makes application such a hassle and uneven.

Check out my blog here for pictures
elbeautypage.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a new nude lipgloss and picked up Tiber. It's like a deep rich caramel. I am in love. This is my first NARS lipgloss. I'm a MAC lipglass junkie but wanted to branch out. It took a short while to get used to the brush as it's not the traditional sponge applicator. You more or less paint this on. Good smooth application, good coverage, no crazy sticky, lasts longer than an hour (I tend to eat all my glosses off so this is a huge bonus). Is it pricey? Heck yeah but it's worth the $26. I normally use MAC lipglass in Spite but now pair MAC lipstick in Fresh Brew with NARS Tiber. The brown in Tiber balances out the mauve undertones in Fresh Brew and gives me a beautiful nude lip. Great nude lipgloss for women of color. For reference I'm a NW45.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Sanida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went for the Como shade which is a lovely dark berry colour.

I think this is a great gloss for many reasons
_non sticky texture
_very accurate application with the little brush applicator
_the packaging is nice
_no yukky smell
_creamy and long lasting
_beautiful sheen without being glittery

I would love to try some of the other colours as well, they all look gorgeous.

My only reservation is whilst the brush applicator is great for accuracy, you have to dip it in several times to get product out. I do prefer wand type applicators, like the one on the Hourglass Lip Sheen but can see the benefits of the brush...I'm sure I'll get used to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm allergic, and it breaks my heart. The first time I applied this I wore it for about 2 hours and noticed some lip discoloration after removal. I was in denial, and wore it a second time. Within 3 hours, I had a nasty blister on my upper lip. I quickly removed it, applied medicated balm, and my lips calmed down rather quickly.

It must be the plumping quality. I normally don't use products that claim to enlarge lips (I've used Buxom glosses without issues, though).

It was a beautiful gloss, I just wish I could use it. I traded with a girl friend for a regular formula shade.