January 27, 2015 | 1156 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer Collection (Sheer, Pearl, Champagne).

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by midoriclarkbaba

I bought this thinking it was an eyeshadow primer, but it's more of a base. I don't like it at all though, it doesn't blend, sparkles go every where and once it dries it flakes everywhere. It lacks a lot of pigmentation. Also, I had this on for less than an hour, and it was creasing and smudging everywhere! Never going to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I bought this product in Sultry Satin. This product is very frustrating to me- I find it impossible to blend out the edges, but maybe this just isn't the product I was looking for. At the moment, I prefer powder eyeshadow! Also, do NOT touch it once it dries, or else it will flake off, little chunk by chunk. The platinum gold color is rather unflattering- at least, for me. It looks better as an eyeliner for me, but still somewhat unflattering. I wish I could make this work! Perhaps I would like this eyeshadow a tiny bit more if the color suited me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great eyelid primer. Stops shadow from fading and creasing. Nice texture, not greasy. Will buy again and again. It`s only $1.00. Can`t beat it with a stick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a great primer, don't get me wrong, especially for a buck, but it's not quite perfect for me. I have extremely oily lids and I work in retail with 12 hour days, and my eyeshadow doesn't smudge, but sometimes it disappears. It's also nice for my under eye so my concealer stays put, which has also been nice for me since I've always had a problem with that and my mascara smudging, this helps that as well. It's kind of concealing as well, I know my eyes look better upon applying it. I don't feel though it doesn't enhance color on it, almost takes away from it and I know it's only a buck, but I feel like there is so little in the tube that I have to buy it often and I would rather pay more for more than always having to get some. I also don't like that the tube is colored, I can't see what product is left inside. If no other ones existed, I would be perfectly content with this, it really isn't horrible, just not my fave. I liked this starting out and as my first primer (I had used paint pots before), but I'm on to step up.

I also gave one to my mother to try, she loved it and was really happy and isn't as into trying different make up like I am and has the same routine every day.

I think if you aren't picky about everything, this will be your cup of tea, otherwise you'll probably want to explore the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I've been using this primer for over 5 Years now, and I still love it, does not crease on me, blends easily, very affordable come on 1 dollar! At my local Target. :) thank you e.l.f

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Jazzy1287

I am a big fan of elf products but even for a beginner this primer didn't wow me I felt like my eye shadow no matter what brand would still crease and my eyeliner would run. I still have it and I intend on trying until i find the right combination. Then maybe I'll pick up another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Lauraoperagirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product doesn't stay on the eyelid and you have to use a lot to get a small/medium coverage over the eyelid. I have oily eyelids, so my eye shadow doesn't stay very well, but this primer made it worse. It makes eyeshadow have a muddy creamy texture which spreads all over your eye where you don't want it. I don't think ill be buying this again which is a shame because I usually love ELF products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily eyelids and very sensitive eyes. I'd been using cream shadows as a base to try and keep my powder eyeshadow from getting oily, creasing, and disappearing, but it really wasn't working. Everybody seems to recommend a primer these days, so I decided to go with the least expensive option. I like this! The tube and wand work fine, the product does indeed keep my eyeshadow from disappearing too soon, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. It's not an HG product--it doesn't enhance the look of the shadow or anything like that. But it does the job I need it to do, and I'm happy with that. I've already bought a second tube.
Edit: I've learned to mix this with a little water on my fingers before applying, which makes the product sheerer and not so tacky. Sometimes I also use it under my eyes as a concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually really like these! I have the Misty Mauve and Sultry Satin. The Sultry Satin is a goldy/bronze color that is a bit warm for me, but I like to wear it with brown eyeliner. The purple is a pretty medium/light lilacy purple. Both are a little frosty looking, but they don't crease at all and last very well. I use the purple all the time with a plum eyeliner. They are great for the lid and crease. I see myself using these a lot, and I'm glad I got them. I hope they come out with more colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

This is E.L.F.'s new eyeshadow + primer. I suppose this is their partner to drugstore items such as Maybelline Color Tattoo or Cover Girl's Intense Shadow Blast. It is a primer and shadow in one. Right now they are offering 4 shades at $2 a pop. I have tried 3, Sultry Satin, Misty Mauve, & Coco Loco. I will break down the individual shades below but my overall take on them is that they are okay for $2 but I'd rather spend an extra few buck for Maybelline. My biggest beef is that they dry so amazingly fast that you really don't have time to blend them at all. They dry within seconds literally.

Sultry Satin - a nice champagne color. I'll use it up but I prefer the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded which is extremely similar

Coco Loco - This went in the trash after 2 attempts. A beautiful dark bronze cocoa color but it dries so fast it separates and looks splotchy if you try to blend it.

Misty Mauve - the only color I may buy again but I doubt it. It's a perfect base for Toasted in the original U.D. Naked palette. This is what I use it for. continued >>