Elie Saab-Le Parfum

3.6

on 6/6/2013 6:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I tested a sample of this and I'm quite surprised by the negative reviews! I thought the scent was really pretty. On me, it stays quite close to the skin. I smell the hazy, breezy, sweet flower notes- especially the gardenia. I also smell a sliiiight linger of spice in there (almost undetectable), which I'm guessing is due to the orange or mandarin blossom notes. Overall, this is a very pretty, hazy floral that is suitable for day (but is also heady -- not heavy -- enough to be suitable for the evening). Quick update: I think this scent is better suited in colder weather. I can understand that it would probably be "too heavy" if worn on a really muggy, warm day.

on 5/11/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've worn Elie Saab EDP and found it strong strong STRONG -- enters the room before I do -- fills the room -- & probably hovers for days after I leave. Embarrassing perfume to wear -- makes me feel incredibly self-conscious.

Elie Saab is a pure heady white floral, unsoftened by any fruits or musks. This is a bold floral, to my nose. Orange blossom & jasmine, strong on both counts, but mostly an orange blossom scent, I think.

I picture Beverly Hills ladies wearing this. It smells to me like a perfume that a Housewife of Beverly Hills (or Atlanta) might wear. Or Ivana Trump. I picture it on high-class women in their 40's-50's -- or on affluent ladies who shop, who lunch, who go to glamourous fundraisers and events. I do not picture this on women in their teens or 20's at all.

This -- to me -- is like the Giorgio of our time. Not scent-wise, but image & impact-wise. To me, this is an elegant, fine, dramatic perfume. I think it almost fits the commercial of Charlize stomping down the runway better than J'adore does -- or Julia Roberts at the black-tie ball better than La Vie Est Belle does.

Maybe the Elie Saab EDT version would be milder to me & easier-to-wear -- some seem to think so -- but I don't plan to even try it. Bold straight-up heady white florals are just not my type of florals.

ADDENDUM 1/9/14: I just saw Elie Saab EDP in Marshall's yesterday -- for $59.99 -- I'm not sure of the size, maybe 1.7oz? Surprised to see it there -- yet not so much.

on 5/9/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, this was an unusual purchase for me since I usually go for musky, amber based orientals, so the fact that this lured me away from my usual niche is pretty amazing. I was given a sample of this in Selfridges and couldn't stop smelling it. So much so that I caved and eventually bought it. I think the fact that summer is on the way made my decision much easier as this is a perfect summer scent.

Its a white floral with top notes of: orange blossom, middle notes: jasmine and base notes: patchouli, cedar, rose and white honey. Its very fruity and quite sharp at first sniff- I get an overwhelming crisp note of neroli which settles down to a sweet, honeyed jasmine.

Its actually rather enchanting and it immediately whisks me to the mediterranean, specifically, the Greek island of Santorini. Its all white cycladic buildings, domed chapels and volcanic rock dominating a pure blue Aegean sea, the scent of orange blossom and jasmine hanging thick in the air. Its pure summer - lending itself to lazy days spent on the beach or sultry evenings when people dine out in the open air, the moonlit beach infused with the scent of candles and esoteric jasmine. A perfect summer fragrance thats both sharp, and yet sweet at the same time. Its not a saccharine sweetness mind, but more of an ambrosial, aromatic sweetness with an initial citric burst of pure orange. Beautiful.

on 3/6/2013 10:19:00 AM

I've been wearing the EDT of this and am in love! From first whiff, I loved it, and continue to love it as it progresses throughout the day. Sweet but light, flowery but not over the top, clean but warm, it has everything. If you like NR for her, give this a try.
Edited to add: I tried the EDP and found it more floral and less to my liking. The EDT has a fresh citrus soapy feel that I don't find in the EDP. I much prefer the EDT version of this.

on 2/6/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Elie Saab is a moderately good, gracious fragrance that still projects some personality. The notes can smell strong and I not always like it. Also, I'm starting to smell it everywhere, and I'm one who usually runs away from crowd pleasers.
Gorgeous bottle and ad campaign, though.

on 2/5/2013 6:06:00 AM

Lovely, flowery romantic scent with gorgeous packaging. The perfect present for a girlfriend, significant other, etc.. :)

on 2/3/2013 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first tried the Eau de Parfum EDP. At first this smells absolutely disgusting to me - it's very strong medical smell, and I basically feel that I've been very sick for a long time and eaten tons of meds and now it smells right through my body. BUT, the drydown of this is absolutely gorgeous! It's a quite grown-up smell (not what one would call "old lady" though) which is flowery and deep, a bit sweet and woody. If I had this perfume I would probably never spray it on my skin, but rather on my clothes so it could calm down to avoid the initial notes and heaviness. I would recommend testing this out, but I warn you: get out of the perfumery as fast as you can after because you will smell horrible for an hour at least.
Then I tried the Eau de Parfum EDT (stupid confusing name - "eau de parfum eau de toilette"). This one is TOTALLY different. It's not just a weaker version of the perfume version, it's a whole different perfume. It sells clean, white flowers and the longevity is great. I think it smells much better than the EDP version.

on 1/28/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this when I bought it. It's a mature and sophisticated perfume, heavy enough for a night out, but can also be worn during the summer. It's a bit different, it reminds me of a blend between Gaultier and Britney Spears (the pink bottle).

Lately it's been giving me a headache and I am ready to go back to my Chloe classic which gives an equally full smell, but still feels lighter.

on 1/21/2013 1:42:00 AM

I very rarely comment on fragrances, because I am almost completely "tone-deaf" when it comes to picking out the notes of scent unless they're very obvious. It's precisely for this reason that I am compelled to review this fragrance. I received a gift set of the EDP for Christmas, and it IS spectacular.

Mr. Saab has most definitely hit the mark with me on this scent. I don't normally wear florals because they turn into bottom-shelf gin on me after a couple of hours but I most happily and humbly make an exception for this delicious scent. The warming of this elixir by the skin turns this into the most heavenly concoction of orange blossom, jasmine and rose. My terribly defective "sniffer" cannot really detect the patchouli here, so it's likely subtle, but I do like most patchouli. And it lasts for hours--no constant refreshing, and lingers softly. This fragrance never has to raise its voice to get attention. DH is crazy about it, too. Enough said....

Often I find that the companions products I layer with fragrance are a little "off"; that is, they either have an under-scent of something unpleasant in the lotion or other carrier, or they turn. Not so with the lotion; it stays just as faithful to the scent as the EDP. I plan to expand my collection of this beautiful, beautiful scent just as soon as possible.

on 1/13/2013 8:32:00 AM

I received this as a Christmas present and i absolutely adore this floral perfume. I'm normally so fussy with perfumes that i almost always talk myself out of purchasing: they are always too floral, spicy, or strong. Part of the problem is that although i am quite girly i am also a bit of a tomboy deep down, so it is difficult to find a perfume that is neither super feminine nor masculine. I haven't worn a signature scent for at least 3 years, just to give you an idea. However, when i found thia Elie Saab perfume , i fell in love with it immediately. I love its light floral accent (smells like subtle jasmine). I love how it is so subtle and understated without being overtly feminine. It reminds me of a summer afternoon: it's a relaxed, youthful , care free scent. It doesn't change at all with wear which is good. It lasts all day and doesn't get irritating the way some scents do towards the end of the day. I love the beautiful girly bottle as well. This is my new signature scent and i am so glad i found it.

Popular Fragrances