July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Fiona2014

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a good mascara, does exactly what it should do! Really lengthens your lashes and adds volume. Will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by bubbleberry5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this up on a whim at ULTA and i really love this. My lashes really do look like falsies! As for the waterproofing effect I have never truly tested it but one evening during a Nicholas Sparks movie fest, I have this one and despite a tears, a runny nose and puffy eyes this mascara stayed put and did not flake.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I quite liked this mascara - really cute packaging, it did a decent job at adding volume (not really false lashes level but decent). But the formula just dries and dries and I don't really like the brush shape. Normally I'm really easygoing when it comes to mascara brushes, I am very flexible as far as shape, size, bristles etc, but this was the first one I really didn't like! I find it awkward!

Not an awful mascara by any stretch but once I am done my tube I probably won't repurchase it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I've ever used. No clumps. Long lasting. And my stubby little lashes look so long. I use in conjunction with e.l.f. mascara primer, which really helps any mascara step up their game.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Baxter007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I loved this mascara the first two weeks and then hated it. It started clumping my eyelashes without giving much length and got really dry...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY HG MASCARA. I am a mascara junkie. I've tried pretty much every mascara in the book- dior, lancome, benefit, every drugstore brand, etc., as i feel my eyelashes are the most important feature to my face. I hated the regular falsies formula- but don't let it fool you!! The flared formula is PERFECTION. Keep in mind, this is not for girls who are going for the "natural" look. If you want your lashes to look thick, and as long as possible- you should definitely look into purchasing this. I am always asked if i'm wearing false lashes!

I had stocked up on Dior's Blackout mascara a while back, to use on my makeup clients. However, nowadays i find myself reaching for this mascara instead! It gives the same effect but lengthens the lashes more, and DOESN'T SMUDGE. Let me repeat, THIS WILL NOT SMUDGE- and this is coming from a girl with extremely oily lids.

Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 5
Price: 3 (~$8 CAD on sale at Walmart)
Packaging: 4
Buy again: yes
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what the difference is between all the various Falsies formulas (there are like 3), but I really like the Flared Waterproof version. I tried the original "The Falsies" nonwaterproof formula when it first came out a few years ago and I absolutely hated it. I haven't worn mascara in a long time though because I had lash extensions (and didn't need mascara) - but my lash extensions are now gone and I need mascara again. I know several youtube gurus that swear by this mascara so of course I had to give it a shot.

It holds a curl very well - most waterproof formulas do, since they are drier formulas, but still not all do. This mascara performs well in that department. I only need like 1 coat to get a good amount of volume and definition to my eyes. No smudging or flaking throughout the day, removes easily with makeup remover/oil cleanser.

What else can I say? I love that it is available a every drugstore too. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by milchtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this has been my FAV mascara for years. every time I try a different brand, I regret it. See, I have stubborn, stick-straight lashes that point down. Some mascaras weigh them down after curling them, then they would dry straight. ugh. this one not only help my lashes stay curled all day, but also helps push it up more (love the wand!). The amount of volume and lengthening this mascara has is unbeatable at this price. And the hold is really fantastic - it lasts all day and night, and doesn't smudge.

This might clump depending on your application (especially if you're doing many coats), but for me, it hasn't been much of an issue. To avoid clumping, apply to the base of your lashes after curling, wiggle it a bit, and give a swift stroke upwards - don't use too many coats at the tips. I don't need much lengthening, so I usually don't even apply it to the tips of my lashes for daytime makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by MissCan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

huummmmm...... ok so I have only worn this once.... and it was on a hot day.... but it ran and i looked like some kinda sad clown.

I read reviews saying it was awesome.. i was pretty disappointed at the running/smudging considering it was waterproof too.

I will try it again on a not so hot day and hope it is better.

I did like the dramatic darkness it creates on the lashes.... just not under my eyes.

The packaging is cool, but so far not impressed... will try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by gwaylock

Best mascara ever. Makes your eyelashes dark and very thick! I have short eyelashes but I always get complimented while wearing this! Some may it's clumpy, but as long as you seperate them before with a dry brush or an old mascara they're perfect! Love it so much!