October 2, 2014 | 1188 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by andrea127wv2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this mascara. It does what it says it will do. The packaging is great. I won't buy this again, though. I've been using a much cheaper brand that works just as good...so why pay more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Basically my go-to drugstore mascara.

I really love the Colossal edition as well so I go back an forth between these two.
The formula is very thickening and lengthening in just two coats. Very dramatic and doesn't clump at all on me.

Wet and goopy like all Maybelline mascaras so leave is uncapped overnight for the perfect consistency :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ygsoul

I really love this drugstore mascara--if I can't afford Dior Diorshow or Benefit's They're Real, Maybelline's The Falsies Flared Waterproof is my go-to. I have long, straight lashes and after I curl and apply this mascara, the curl stays, volumnizes, as well as lengthens my lashes. It does exactly what it advertises. It does get a little messy as I think they could do something more with the mascara stopper...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

~$8 USD at drugstore. Formula-wise, this is pretty similar to the Maybelline Lash Stylist (discontinued and which I'm trying to find replacement for), but I really hate the brush. As others have noted, this is probably one of the thickest formula available among Maybelline's current line up of products and will add volume and holds a curl very well. However, it didn't add length to my short, straight, sparse Asian lashes when I put it on with the curved wand. I found the wand very difficult to use as it's a bit too flexible, the bent ends really didn't get into the corners of my eyes, and the bristles created clumpy-looking mess. My lashes just seem to work better with stiffer, comb-type applicator; when I put this on with one of my old Lash Stylist applicators that I'd saved, it worked out much better. The wand that comes with the tube just doesn't distribute the product evenly enough. So, bottom line, I don't hate it but it's not something that wows me either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Fiona2014

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Such a good mascara, does exactly what it should do! Really lengthens your lashes and adds volume. Will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by bubbleberry5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this up on a whim at ULTA and i really love this. My lashes really do look like falsies! As for the waterproofing effect I have never truly tested it but one evening during a Nicholas Sparks movie fest, I have this one and despite a tears, a runny nose and puffy eyes this mascara stayed put and did not flake.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I quite liked this mascara - really cute packaging, it did a decent job at adding volume (not really false lashes level but decent). But the formula just dries and dries and I don't really like the brush shape. Normally I'm really easygoing when it comes to mascara brushes, I am very flexible as far as shape, size, bristles etc, but this was the first one I really didn't like! I find it awkward!

Not an awful mascara by any stretch but once I am done my tube I probably won't repurchase it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I've ever used. No clumps. Long lasting. And my stubby little lashes look so long. I use in conjunction with e.l.f. mascara primer, which really helps any mascara step up their game.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Baxter007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I loved this mascara the first two weeks and then hated it. It started clumping my eyelashes without giving much length and got really dry...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY HG MASCARA. I am a mascara junkie. I've tried pretty much every mascara in the book- dior, lancome, benefit, every drugstore brand, etc., as i feel my eyelashes are the most important feature to my face. I hated the regular falsies formula- but don't let it fool you!! The flared formula is PERFECTION. Keep in mind, this is not for girls who are going for the "natural" look. If you want your lashes to look thick, and as long as possible- you should definitely look into purchasing this. I am always asked if i'm wearing false lashes!

I had stocked up on Dior's Blackout mascara a while back, to use on my makeup clients. However, nowadays i find myself reaching for this mascara instead! It gives the same effect but lengthens the lashes more, and DOESN'T SMUDGE. Let me repeat, THIS WILL NOT SMUDGE- and this is coming from a girl with extremely oily lids.

Give it a try!