Essie Muchi Muchi

2.6

on 1/7/2014 6:40:00 PM

I must disagree with the majority of reviewers about Muchi Muchi. I adore this polish! I love the soft, feminine, clean looking light pink with just a touch of light mauve shade. I did find the first coat to go on all streaky and create balding spots, and just overall a yucky application. BUT, the second coat easily covers all of the errors and creates a flawless finish without any fuss. Becomes opaque in 2 coats. This polish makes me feel so put together and girly and I never want to run out. Chip factor is the same as all other Essie polish I've used, about 5-6 days on hands before seeing any chips (if used with a good quality top coat). I recommend this polish to anyone who is attracted to the color.

on 9/25/2013 1:45:00 PM

Essie's nail polishes are quite pricy but this one is totally worth every penny. I bought it about half a year ago and I use it almost all the time! Apply a base and top coat plus two layer of this and it will stay forever! The colour is super pretty and looks really fresh on your nails :)

on 6/30/2013 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I paint my nails once or twice a week. I have been wanting Muchi Muchi for a while now and finally decided to purchase it. I love the light pink color. It did take a long time to dry and I needed to apply 3 coats to get a nice pink color. I can live with that though. I'm very happy with this product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Initially I had a hard time with this color because I'm not the best with applying nail polish. I found a way to make it work though! It took me two costs to get it fully opaque on top of a nail strengthener! (I also used Essie's) The trick is to apply it semi-thick so that no streaks appear and with that, start in the middle with almost a lot of the product and you can spread the excess on the side of your nails. Worked out really well and even in just two coats for me and after the polish dried & settled, it has no streaks at all! I would definitely be buying this again because I love the color!

on 5/19/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this colour at first because it seemed like the perfect light pink. However I was so disappointed in how sheer it was! It takes about 4 coats to get it opaque and even then it is so streaky! It's not bad if you just want one coat to do a french manicure or something, but if you want full opaque colour stay away!

on 5/12/2013 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This looks lovely in the bottle, but awful upon application. It was just clumpy and slow-drying.

on 4/25/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

ah, i should have checked the reviews here before i bought muchi muchi, but i was taken in by the pretty pink color. this essie polish is very streaky, even after 3 coats. it actually chipped when i was sleeping [i used a base coat and a top coat]. that's a first for me. this is one essie polish i won't buy again.

on 3/31/2013 10:55:00 PM

The color is gorgeous in the bottle, and I was really excited to give it a try. Now, I'm a HUGE fan of Essie polishes, it's really the only brand I buy regularly. Muchi Muchi is AWFUL. The formula is just terrible, very runny and streaks easily. It takes a lot of careful work to get this color to look good. Once you get it on, it takes forever to dry. I will not be buying this color again, nor will I tell a friend about it. I've used it twice in the year that I've owned it... And it's unlikely I will again, to be honest.

on 3/28/2013 2:30:00 PM

This polish was a little too sheer for me. I love the color in the bottle. My bottle was very runny and it took forever to dry.

I'm definitely not the most amazing nail painter in the world, but I like to think that I'm a decent one. This formula definitely streaks, so I had to be careful when applying. The formula is also sheer,it would take 3-4 coats for the color to be opaque. I only ever do 2 coats and with those two coats, I could see my nail tips. As for people saying it took too long to dry, they were probably the ones doing the 3+ coats. But, I would keep using it if it wasn't for one thing: chipping. This nail polish started to chip after ONE DAY. Usually with my combination of base and top coat, my nail polish stays on for 5 days with minor chips and tip wear. I am definitely disappointed with this nail polish, as the color is beautiful, but the formula is the deal breaker for me.

Popular Polishes