Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Illuminizer

4.2

De-ionized Water**, Glycerin**, Tricaprylin, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Steareth-20, Dimethicone**, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil**, Sodium Hydroxide. May Also Contain - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)**, Iron Oxides (CI 77491**, CI 77492, CI 77499)**, Carmine (CI 75470)**, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake(CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate**, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate**. *Organic **Natural

on 11/25/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing. I use this 3 different ways; 1) mix with my primer to have a subtle glow, 2) with my foundation for a bit more of a glow, or to make a matte foundation that I like the texture of more glowy, and 3) as a highlight on my cheekbones and nose. This product is amazing. I love the shade, it works well with my skin-tone. It does not break me out or give me red bumps. I just love the way that it makes my skin look. I think this would especially be amazing in summer mixed in with a TM!

on 10/12/2014 7:00:00 AM

Just bought this the other day and I love it. I use it as a highlighter, just dot a small amount above my cheek bones and on my brow bone and blend. It gives a lovely glowing look, and can be built up in intensity for night time. I used it under a powder highlighter for a more intense look and it looked great. Packaging is nice, I like the glass bottle, however the pump probably squeezes a bit too much out, you need to be careful with it!

on 7/25/2014 11:11:00 AM

I love this stuff! I can mix it with any foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer, and it makes my skin glow without being a disco ball......especially love it with my Shiseido SPF foundation to create more of a radiant finish- about 2 parts foundation, and 1 part illuminizer.....and the great part, it will last forever!!!! Highly recommend giving it a try...you can always take it back!

on 7/3/2014 1:42:00 PM

I thought I was going to love this when I swatched it on my hand it left a lovely soft sheen and the colour seemed very subtle blending beautifully into my pale skin , I couldn't get to the till quick enough ! However I wore it everyday for 2 weeks mixed into various foundations and tinted moisturiser but I just didn't see the subtle radiant glow i was looking for . I really like josie maran products and was very disappointed in this , it has such good reviews that I don't understand why it didn't work for me , maybe it's better as a highlighter on cheek and brow bone etc , it is worth a try but I recommend getting a sample first

This illuminizer does exactly what it says. It illuminates, and catches light like no bodies business. Its beautiful on the cheekbones, on the brow, on the decollete. Anywhere you want to highlight. I'm on the paler side, and it looks beautiful on. I appreciate the way this lights up the skin without looking like a sparkling disco ball. The shimmer is very fine, and in no way shows up looking glittery or chunky. This is an argan oil product, and personally, one of my favorite qualities of this is, it is very LIGHT. It's in no way greasy, and it doesn't clog my pores. Yay!
The price is a little steep, but if you get it on eBay, you can get it for a great price (I scored this gem for about $20 w/ shipping included), and a little bit goes a LOOONG way with this product. You seriously only need just a smudge here and there. A big plus, because I've barely made a dent in it, and I can tell this bottle is going to last forever. I highly recommend because it's hard to find a product that works the way this does.

on 5/11/2014 3:53:00 PM

When I was younger, I had very oily skin, and spent a lot of time trying to be sure my face wasn't shiny. When I saw that this was both an illuminizer and had argan oil, I was a little hesitant. Again, I didn't want my face to look shiny, and also because these things can also be pretty dark and/or orange-y, and I didn't want to look like I was attempting to channel John Boehner. But I knew I could return it if I didn't like it, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I love this! One squirt from the bottle seems like it's way too much, but when you mix it with your foundation or tinted moisturizer, or whatever else you use, it blends in nicely. Once it's on your face, there is no shininess, and really not even any noticeable color/shade difference. Instead, your skin looks very healthy, like you have been taking a brisk walk, and a natural kind of brightness is there.

I recommend this product if you like to look a little bit extra healthy, but not bronzed or noticeably different.

on 4/24/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this product for a while, not really knowing what to do with it exactly. Highlighting on my face has never been easy for me to accomplish so the bottle pretty much stayed in my makeup drawer, sadly staring at me to use it. Then, one day, a friend of mine suggested that I mix it with my foundation before applying and what a difference that made! Now, it no longer sits sadly in my drawer! I squirt a little of my BB cream (Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 27) on the back of my hand, add a dollop of the Illuminizer, mix it together with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, then tap it onto my face and blend away. The champagne color of the Illuminzer works great with my yellow undertones and it gives me a subtle, healthy-ish glow that doesn't look like a shiny oil slick. It is a little pricey, and I'm kind of on the fence on whether the bottle is ideal packaging since it's glass and the pump (or my pressing finger) sometimes has a mind of it's own, but you get a lot of product for the price and I love the look it gives me, as well as the added moisture from the Argan Oil is an added bonus!

on 3/25/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for an illuminizer to mix with my foundation, and first I tried Nars Copacabana, it was ok, but it was way too pink for my skin tone (I am mostly neutral with a little bit of warmth). So, I needed something a little more golden, so I bought this. It is perfect! It adds a beautiful glow to my skin without looking oily. My skin is dry, so the fact that it is argon oil is a bonus for me. It doesn't break me out, or clog my pores. I gave it four stars because I wish it was in a squeeze tube, but if you are careful you can get the right amount out. I will repurchase.

on 3/17/2014 10:44:00 PM

I can not live without this! Does not clog pores, which is great for my extremely sensitive skin (that gets acne super easily)! It provides a beautiful glow that completely evens the skin tone.

I got it at sephora for $14 and it came with the hair serum too, which is some deal they have going on now. When I unscrewed the dropper I thought it was going to look awful and cakey, but you really can't even tell you're wearing it. I have been using the JM regular argon oil for a year with amazing results and I am happy to have found this awesome luminizer to even my skin tone!

on 3/10/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hope they will never ever discontinue this product at all.
It is the best highlighter that I have ever tried. It's like I'm glowing from within which I really like.
The only downside I have to say for me is that the pump dispensers too much of product. So I have to unscrew the bottle to use my desired amount:(
But overall fantastic product I would cry if they decide not to make this anymore.
Highly recommend this product to all the ladies:):):)

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products