April 19, 2014 | 1763 users online

Treatments - Jamaican Black Castor Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

@ Lola_B_10021, castor oil contains Ricinoleic acid which is a hydroxy acid, which is why it is soluble in alcohol (but not water) and oil. It's a humectant (with all of those lovely OH groups!), which is another reason we see castor oil so often in cosmetic products. The ricinoleic acid makes castor oil both a drier type of oil and increases the viscosity of the oil. I could go on but it is boring.....

Yes will definitely buy this again. It is a multi use product, which is just my thing. I haven't tried any other brand but this one is really thick.
I bought this in Oct 2011 for my hair. I mix it with various other oils that are thinner in consistency, argan oil, melon seed, shea butter oil. I use it to seal moisture in my hair, after I have spritzed it with a homemade mixture of rosewater hydrosol and a little glycerin. To lightly oil my scalp to prevent dryness.
Since Jan I have used it for my OCM when I ran out of my usual cleanser. I use it to moisturise my cuticles at night. I use it on my son's hair that is very short.
Overall I have not noticed new growth, but my hair is softer less crunchy. This is because castor oil is a humecunt or however you spell it. It draws moisture from the atmosphere into your hair.
Because of MUA I am gonna try using it on my eyelashes as they are kinda short and my brows are kinda light. So let's see if it works as well.
My HG product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by kaisofine

great organic oil. it helps to soften and smooth down my hair. i mixed it with my coconut and jojoba oil and it works great. however, it's very thick and it smells like burnt grease. but the coconut oil over powers the burnt smell.