Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

4.2

Taken from U.S. National Library of Medicine (dailymed.nlm.nih.gov) Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5% Titanium Dioxide 1.6% Inactive ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, alcohol denat, nylon 6/12, glycerin, cyclohexsiloxane, zinc oxide, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, PEG PPG 19/19 dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4- isostearate, propylene carbonate,lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, salicylic acid, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, lens esculenta fruit extract, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, isopropyl palmitate, methylparaben, lecithin, ethylparaben, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, dimethoxyl chromanol, ethylhexylglycerin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, BHT, tocopherol, may contain CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I needed a new foundation that had very good coverage and stayed matte throughout the day. After reading the reviews I decided to give this foundation a go. No7 matched me up so the colour was spot on. I love this product a year later! The coverage is thick but dosnt make you look like you have a lot of foundation on and also has the added benefit of a dewy satin finish. My skin always looks flawless after applying this despite if there is a spot or few under the foundation. It covers acne scarring,spots,darkness around your eyes everything! I'd say anyone can use this product, my mum also has a bottle so you don't need oily skin for it! I found a flat top foundation brush applied it best. Price is great even better with the £3 voucher boots are giving away at the moment.

on 12/26/2014 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This product is just simply wonderful. This foundation lasts all day, I put it on at 6:30 am and when I came home from school at 7:00 pm, it was still on my face! I will repurchase this until I find a better one (Which probably won't happen).

on 12/12/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Been searching forever for foundation that suits my oily skin, I have massive pores and everything I've tried (from Sisley to Collection 2000 and all in between) just fills them up. It was becoming a huge issue then I tried this, user with no 7 primer and applied with a brush, which I have never done before, was life changing. People are stopping me to complement my make up and skin. I love this foundation. Cannot recommend it highly enough. Perfect match thanks to Boots shade gizmo too.

on 11/17/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I went to Ulta and was surprised to see that they sold Boots. I've always wanted to try this matte foundation and couldn't at Target, so I played with it at Ulta. Ok- I was seriously shocked when I was testing it because it covered better than most high end foundations- even the Becca full coverage 24hour wear one! The color range sucks but settled on deeply beige(I think that's what it was called!) I did not have to apply concealer. And only had to blot once after 8 hours. I think I just found my Revlon c.s replacement! Very happy. Will buy again and again.

on 9/15/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gives med-full coverage so perfect for covering scars dark under eyes and blemishes. I don't need to use concealer when using this foundation. Great price too. Clever packaging so no product is wasted. Although be careful of the colour machine thingy, it said my skin tone was matched to cool vanilla shade but this shade was way too light for me. My actual shade was deeply ivory. Not so sure about this foundation staying matte all day it certainly doesn't for me but I haven't found a foundation that keeps me matte all day, I do have very oily skin. I use a setting powder to finish to help keep my makeup in place. I apply this foundation using a beauty blender sponge and I look flawless and airbrushed would definitely recommend this foundation for it's coverage ;)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a great foundation.
I bought it when i was pregnant and my skin was a oily mess, i still use it now when my skin is back to normal. It gives a natural matte finish.
I hate that fake matte powdery look and i will stay clear of matte foundation of the fear of ending up whith the a fake powdery caky look, i like my skin to look like healty glowy skin.

It have a great satying power too. Its a great foundation that deserve more love

on 8/5/2014 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm really impressed with this foundation. I have extremely sensitive skin and it has never broken me out or made me come out in a rash. Coverage is excellent. I don't really have oily skin but bought this for the coverage. Comes in a pump which is hygienic and it has no fragrance. Bought this in warm ivory after having the colour match test using the new no7 gadget... Excellent cover match and for the price... You can't go wrong!

on 7/15/2014 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Looking for a L'Oreal Mattique dupe? I have been for years. I'm Early 40's, OILY skin, and I can't stand silicone in my foundations- which is what all of the "new matte" in foundations contain. Silicone just causes slip, and separates terribly on me. Anyway, use a light hand, with a sponge, and this is beautifully even, light-to-medium, build-able coverage. As close to Mattique, although thicker in texture, that I've found.

on 6/6/2014 12:24:00 PM

Great Matte Foundation, for the humid weather , and oily skin. No shine and covers great!
Lasts all day , with a great price to BOOT!!!

on 4/13/2014 6:51:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation, but unfortunately there is nothing matte about it.
I have oily/combination skin, NW15, and Calico matches me pretty well, albeit it gives me a bit of a grey cast.
I love the texture of this foundation, it's so easy to spread and blend. But it's never matte on me, it gives me a glowy finish right after application (and because I've had oily skin all my life, the last thing I want is glow!), and I look oily within the hour, even if I set it with powder.
It does last and covers very well, I'd say the coverage is medium-high, but other than that, it's just meh. I suppose it would be much better for someone with normal, even slightly dry skin.
It's not a bad foundation by any means, but it definitely doesn't suit my type of skin.