October 21, 2014 | 986 users online

Foundations - Boots - No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Juliarussothegreat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've written a review on this product before. I can't believe how much I love this product. I want anyone and everyone to at least try this foundation because it's not very well known or marketed. This is single-handedly the best foundation I've ever bought! Great in every way, honestly.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it.

Pros:
--LASTS
--price
--a pump

Cons:
--hard to see how much is left in the bottle. I wish it was in a squeeze tube, instead. You can always cut the bottom of those to scoop out the rest.
--color choice. I'm a pale NEUTRAL. The lightest shade fits me perfectly.

This is no exaggeration: my foundation was still in place from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. I used ELF's white primer. I will buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by KayleighPhotography

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting a new foundation for a while as the current one I had was doing my skin type no good. I have Oily and Dry skin, which is a horrible combination, so finding the right foundation has proven difficult. However, if you are prone to this skin type also then follow in my footsteps as it may suit you just fine.

No 7 counters in Boots stores today offer a colour match service which provides you the exact skin tone you need to search for when rummaging through their make-up products. It is an exciting process, I tell you. Firstly I explained to the woman my skin issues which she then advised which product she would test on me. This was No 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation at £12.95. Slightly steep, but with the constant offers they seem to provide I managed to bag it for £10 and it lasts at least 4 months.

Firstly they wipe off any make-up and then test the skin tone with a remote thing they have. Mine turned out to be 'Calico' which is the lightest they provide. She then re-did my make-up for me with the product she was advising and the results were great! She used minimal amount and blending with a foundation brush. Using a sponge or fingers is fine also. Using a small amount still covers blemishes but also stops my skin from becoming oily!

I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Marialovesmakeup

I love this product! I have oily prone skin, but I have yet to find a foundation that I do not have to set with a powder. I was absolutely blown away the first time I used this foundation, I have never seen my skin look so good. 3rd time repurchasing, the wow factor has decreased a tad (as expected) but I am still completely in love, and I will remain a faithful user of this foundation.
Pros - Glides on to skin effortlessly. Cons - Moderately expensive.
- Long lasting (To a certain point). - Packaging is difficult at times.
- Airbrushed finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

I Love this foundation it might be hg, but I'm still trying to decide how I feel about running out so quickly. I used it exclusively for about 6 weeks, one pump a day and while it looks like I should have half a bottle left, the pump no longer dispenses product and the bottle no longer had any weight so I cam only assume the bottle is empty even though it doesn't look empty. Grrr

On to the positives. I have dry skin with an oily t zone and thus Foundation makes my skin look smooth and covers up my Rosacea, acne, and age spots. Even better, it didn't havea crazy dry finish, nor does it accentuate my huge pores or cling to drier areas. It doesn't break me out and it blends great with my real techniques stippling brush, I also blended it in with my fingers and the elf flat top brush, but like the finish best with the real techniques brush. The stayng power isn't the best on its own, I'd say is kinda average in that respect, but the way it makes my skin look makes up for that and it lasts okay.

Hmm the more I think about it, the more I reckon I will go pick up some more, even if I did run out in half the time a foundation normally lasts.

ETA: I ended up taking the top off and yes, it is still half full of foundation. I presume that the pump broke so I've been doing the whole, q-tip in the bottle thing to use it up. I really wish the packaging were different. Then it would truly be HG.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by ronjajessica

I bought this foundation when I was in a need of new, good coverage foundation, that would stay on all day and not harm my very sensitive skin. And this foundation promises all day shine free look, soft even finish and 'cause it is hypo-allergenic, it should suit sensitive skin.

First of all, there where only four colors of this foundation, but I think that they didn't bring all the colors to Finland. So the color selection was little disappointing, 'cause I didn't found a shade that would match me perfectly. But luckily I got shade that was close enough.
Second, the price. I was very pleased with the price. I did pay 19.90 € for this, which isn't that bad for a foundation in Finland at least.
Third, the packaging. I like that this foundation has a pump, 'cause it makes everything easier and much more hygienic. And the pump is also easy to control, so you can get as much or as little product as you need and not waste foundation.

And then to a foundation itself. I would say that this foundation is medium coverage, but because it is buildable, you can easily get full coverage out of it. I usually apply two layers and it doesn't look too cakey or heavy after that.
This foundation is very easy to apply. It doesn't dry too fast, so you have time to work it in. It blends beautifully on to the skin with fingers, sponge or brush that I prefer to use. And most importantly it feels very smooth on your skin after application.
Finish of this foundation is very nice, not too matte, but not too shiny. It is very natural, makes your skin to look very healthy.
Staying power of this foundation is good. My skin is combination (it does get oily on the T-zone), so I do set this with powder and it does stay nice 8+ hours. Not maybe the 14 hours that it promises, but still very long time.
Also I was very happy to realize that this foundation doesn't break me out. My skin is very sensitive and most foundations sadly make my skin crazy, but this didn't do that.

So if you didn't realize, I do really love this foundation. I could really recommend this foundation to most of the people. This works with most skin types (maybe not with very very dry skin). Also if you are someone with very sensitive skin, you can rely on this foundation.

And then a little pros & cons to the end for a quick look, if you don't want to read the whole thing.

PROS
+ Good, buildable coverage
+ Smooth feeling on the skin
+ Easy to apply
+ Staying power is great
+ Good for sensitive, acne-prone skin. Doesn't break skin out.

CONS
- Color selection was little poor
- Packaging can be little difficult sometimes

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashleighd13

Been wearing this for over a year now absolutely loved it to start off with, great coverage and does last a long time especially with a primer beneath. However I've really started to go off it with it being the winter as I've noticed when the end of my nose gets dry it all slides off and you can see that I have a big red shiny nose! I've also noticed that this also can give my skin a bit of a glow which I like but I'm not sure if other people would since it's supposed to be a matte foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by agirlwithcakedupmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is on it's way to being my HG foundation! I have used it for over a month and so far I am loving it! I am combo, leaning more on the oily side, and sensitive/acne-prone. This has not caused any breakouts and really keeps me matte a fewer hours longer than any other foundation that I have previously tried. I would say it's medium to full coverage and can become a bit cake-y if I use too much. (I get a beautiful satin/matte finish with my beauty blender or an even more natural finish with my real techniques stippling brush).
I initially bought the color Deeply Beige and it was a good color match at the time but then my tan went away and I now have to mix Cool Beige with Deeply Beige to get the perfect color. There are only about 6? colors in the line so that's kind of a bummer but for $14.99 it's not too bad compared to other High End foundations I've tried before that are upwards of $30 or more. I highly recommend this product especially if you are combo/oily!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked the matte finish of this foundation, however the color selection is terrible and I would most likely have to buy two different shades to make it work (which would be about $30). It is difficult to apply and can cake if you use too much. I liked the full coverage and how light it felt on my face, if I could find a better color match for my skin I would probably repurchase. The one time I used it the color I had was way too dark (and the next one down was too light) so I ended up taking it off halfway through the day so I'm not sure how long it lasts with oil control.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

I *love* the full, flawless, velvety coverage given by this foundation. However, I still find that I develop slight shine on my T-Zone within a few hours so it isn't perfect in that respect but still very good. Also, I was colour matched for the palest shade 'Calico' which made me look like a ghost. I therefore bought it in 'Beige' as well and mix the two on my hand and then apply. Gives me a much warmer, truer match I think.