October 2, 2014 | 1657 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Petit BB Cream - Moisture SPF30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I purchased this (orange tube) on Amazon for $12. For reference, I'm combo skin w/ slightly oiler t-zone and drier cheeks, slight rosacea on cheeks, chin, nose (limited to redness only) w/ some melasma spots (fading thank god) and in my mid 40s. I wear:

MAC = NC 15
EL Double Wear = Desert Beige
EL Double Wear Light = 1.0
Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque
Rachel K = I can wear the pink tube + the black tube

This is my 2nd foray into the BB/CC cream arena, my first being Rachel K (see separate review.) In comparison to Rachel K:

1. this is MUCH cheaper
2. this appears to be the same color as the Rachel K neutral shade, but it first appears a tad lighter on my skin, but then dries/settles down to the same final color.
3. this takes WAY less product to cover my entire fact than the Rachel K.
4. provides a bit more pigmentation than Rachel K (as in covers my redness a titch better)
5. the Rachel K finish stays matte several hours longer than this - I have to apply powder mid day to cover the breakthru shine (and I am definitely NOT oily - I have a slightly oily t-zone and drier cheeks)
6. I have to apply powder over (same w/ Rachel K) because on its own, I don't feel its enough coverage for me (slight rosacea, melasma)

Even tho this claims to have beneficial ingredients (just like Rachel K claims to), I still use SS and a primer underneath = not sure how much of any beneficial ingredients are getting thru to my actual skin.

I apply this w/ my BB sponge (I absolutely HATE applying any foundation w/ my fingers) and using the BB works great.

I do set w/ my UD - otherwise I have shine after 2 hours. W/ UD, I get 4 hours before breakthru.

I put "yes" to repurchase, but I'm kind of on the fence. There are so many BB/CC creams out there, I may continue my search.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased the darkest shade on Ebay ( purple tube) and tried it on this morning.It's quit oke!Nothing more and nothing less The color could have been a little darker for me but overall it's fine.The price is excelent( les then $8)Overall a reasonable product but nothing that special.Will not buy again.Still on the search for the perfect BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

UPDATE: Just bought my third tube of this, still love it, still upset that I even bothered buying normal foundation in the past. 1 tube lasts me 4-6 months with daily use.

DAAAAAAAMN this is good bb cream. I am swearing because why the heck did I waste all that money on foundation and primer for all these years??? I am genuinely very displeased at my previous purchases because they are such a waste compared to this.

I have very dry skin with some fine lines on my forehead and large pores around my nose. I am NC15 but am really a true neutral (no colors make me look sick or weird).

Color match is the best color match I've ever gotten in a makeup. It's perfect, completely dead on. It's also the only good match for my pale skin that warms my skin up without making me look like my liver is failing.

The finish is flawless, like second skin. Even where I put on too much, it still looked natural. You'd really have to be staring with a magnifying glass to tell I had on makeup. This brings me to another point, you do not need to use much of this! WAY less than I had thought I needed. Don't treat it like foundation and you will get a better finish. Less is more for sure.

This bb cream has spectacular coverage. It's up there with my Mac Fix + powder in terms of coverage. It's amazing. I barely had to use concealer.

Did not make lines worse. I wanted to give this a shot without primer first, to see how it performed. I found that this didn't make my lines look worse (which foundations all do without primer). However, it did settle a bit into pores. With primer it makes my lines look more invisible than without makeup and doesn't settle into pores.

Moisturizing power is great. It gives a gorgeous dewy finish and erases flakes rather than highlighting them.

Lasting power seems OK, I have dry skin so nothing really wears off on me. It has that feeling to it like it would not last well. I set it with powder and it was fine on me. If you have oilier skin, I imagine this wouldn't last long and I'd try the tea tree or essential instead.

Fragrance IS quite strong. It smells really nice, kind of floral. I have very sensitive skin and the fragrance didn't irritate me at all. No redness and no breakouts.

Cannot rave about this enough. Where have you been all my life when I wasted so much money on other foundations? :(

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Holika Holika Moisture SPF 30 (purple tube).
There are so many BB creams out there now, every single one of them different, it's hard to pick which is best, since many of them are only availible online.

This is one of the lower priced lines with not a lot of reviews but I was drawn to it because it's for dry skin.

The tube is slightly smaller than my Missha one, the texture slightly runny.
As with most BB creams, upon first application it appears somewhat ashy. There is no mica or glitter, the finish is somewhat dewy though. It doesn’t feel like there are silicones in it, but I didn’t check the ingredients. Missha in comparision has that silicone-y feel to it.

After about 5-10 minutes, it melts into your skin. I’m NC 30-35 for reference, and this is not too bad of a match. It has a yellowish base, which is perfect for me and I could get away with using just this in the winter. My pores disappear, it does not sink into my fine lines and after a light dusting of mineral powder, this is the perfect BB cream for me!

A tube is about $10 - you can't really go wrong with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Though this is too dark for me (I mix some white MAC face and body foundation to lighten it, I'm NC10/15) I still think this is one of the best full coverage foundation I've tried, especially for the price ($7). The Essential bb cream is also a very good one, but I have to add white foundation and moisturizer to this to make sure it suits my skin type (I've finished accutane so my skin is still dry).

It doesn't cake up during the day and it has the texture of skin so it's hardly noticeable, even though I didn't sheer it out. It lasts all day without clinging to my pores I find myself reaching for this over my pricier foundations or bb creams. I would definitely buy all shades of this line except watery (too pink), since I've been so impressed with the two I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by cowhugger

This is one of my favorite BB creams. It's difficult to wear it during the summer because the FL heat makes it slide off my face in under 3 hours even with a primer and a setting powder. But I would still use it on a daily basis because it's sooo creamy and blendable that it's super easy to slap on your face while still looking good. The coverage of this BB is unparalleled, I never have to apply concealer with this stuff and my skin certainly isn't the clearest. The finish of this $6 BB is a dewy gorgeousness that I previously thought only my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I'm in the shade B10) could give me. The staying power when it's cooler out is a lot better than during the summer. Unfortunately, because of my skin tone, I can only wear it during the summer since I'm slightly more tanned. During the winter I'm slightly too pale and this BB only comes in one shade. Other than that I love it and it may sound crazy but the finish it gives is totally comparable to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and it has SPF 30 while CVA... doesn't.

Some cons:
It transfers easily onto clothes, sunglasses, etc. so you MUST set it with a powder
Dismal lasting power (setting sprays might help)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by RedFishTwoFish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This BB cream has one of the best textures out there, in my opinion. Unfortunately, it's too dark for me, I would say suited to NC25-30.

If you are in this shade range and want a medium to full coverage BB with a wonderful texture, this is a good choice for you!

Pros:
-Hydrating without getting oily
-Non-irritating/didn't cause breakouts
-Good coverage
-Blends.applies evenly with a creamy texture
-Semi-matte
-Weightless on the skin
-Skin stays smooth and hydrated all day without a 'sticky' texture

Cons:
-Too dark, even worse when it oxidizes
-Will rub off if you don't set it (I don't use primer or powder)

If this had lighter shades, it would become my daily BB. As it is, I can only wear it if I layer Missha #13 over top of it and even then, it looks like I went a little crazy with bronzer/contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every day either mixed with a foundation for extra staying power or on its own. The colour may look a little too dark for some pale people when you squeeze it out, but I find it adjusts to my skin tone when I apply it. I love how I don't even need to use a brush for this, it goes on just like a moisturiser but gives full and smooth coverage! I do not even need concealer to cover blemishes or under the eyes. I don't always need powder either, this gives a really nice natural glowy complexion, and it it matches my skin tone perfectly. You don't even need to use that much and it's cheap, I will definitely be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by rpp29

This is an amazing BB cream for people with very fair skin who experience dryness. It is a little fuller in coverage than some of the other BB creams I've tried (I'm no expert), such as Skin79 Gold or The Oriental, yet it still leaves an incredibly natural finish. It does not transfer much, even without powder. It doesn't highlight any dryness and leaves skin soft, however it would probably be too light for anyone darker than NC15; I cannot use this BB cream in the summer.

There is a light fragrance to it, and although my skin tends to be sensitive, it hasn't reacted to this. I've had no problems with negative reactions, only benefits such as smoother skin, and I've been using this for approximately six months before summer started (although not daily).

I highly recommend this BB cream to those with very fair, drier skin who would like full coverage that looks natural. BB creams are very fuss-free, and this one is particularly impressive because it actually does seem to hydrate (I have found some BB creams to not be very hydrating, even after a moisturizing cream). I will repurchase again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I personally would not buy this again, but only because the color is wrong for me. This color does NOT really work on NW15. It might work for NC15, though, since this shade leans warm. But NW15? Not really. It's not terrible. It's probably passable if you use it very lightly and avoid the jaw line, but it's not a perfect match. it's a bit too orange and dark. This one suits my mom, who is probably NC25, though she says the coverage is a little fuller than she expected (she likes very sheer coverage, unlike me).

Other than the color, this is a nice product. It covers well, feels nice, and leaves a nice glowy but not shiny finish. I feel like it does emphasize my pores more than I'd like, but if I lightly powder over it, that's less of an issue.

I bought mine from eBay seller rubyruby76 on sale for only $6 with free shipping. I received it about 10 days after ordering.

NW15 girls looking for a BB cream might want to check out Missha Perfect Cover in shade 21 or the Holika Holika Petit Bb creams in Clearing and Shimmering. Those last two are from the same line as this Moisture one, but they run more fair.

Comparisons to other Holika Holika Petit BB Creams:

Clearing is cooler than Moisture with the fullest, matte-est coverage. I do not need concealer with this one.

Shimmering is the fairest of all. It's not super-sparkly, but it has a definite gleam. Coverage is quite sheer.

I have not tried Watery.

Clearing is my favorite for its coverage and matte finish, plus is matches my skintone nicely. Shimmering is great when I want a more sheer coverage and more glow, or to just use to highlight.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No