April 16, 2014 | 1867 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Petit BB Cream - Moisture SPF30

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Holika Holika Moisture SPF 30 (purple tube).
There are so many BB creams out there now, every single one of them different, it's hard to pick which is best, since many of them are only availible online.

This is one of the lower priced lines with not a lot of reviews but I was drawn to it because it's for dry skin.

The tube is slightly smaller than my Missha one, the texture slightly runny.
As with most BB creams, upon first application it appears somewhat ashy. There is no mica or glitter, the finish is somewhat dewy though. It doesnít feel like there are silicones in it, but I didnít check the ingredients. Missha in comparision has that silicone-y feel to it.

After about 5-10 minutes, it melts into your skin. Iím NC 30-35 for reference, and this is not too bad of a match. It has a yellowish base, which is perfect for me and I could get away with using just this in the winter. My pores disappear, it does not sink into my fine lines and after a light dusting of mineral powder, this is the perfect BB cream for me!

A tube is about $10 - you can't really go wrong with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Though this is too dark for me (I mix some white MAC face and body foundation to lighten it, I'm NC10/15) I still think this is one of the best full coverage foundation I've tried, especially for the price ($7). The Essential bb cream is also a very good one, but I have to add white foundation and moisturizer to this to make sure it suits my skin type (I've finished accutane so my skin is still dry).

It doesn't cake up during the day and it has the texture of skin so it's hardly noticeable, even though I didn't sheer it out. It lasts all day without clinging to my pores I find myself reaching for this over my pricier foundations or bb creams. I would definitely buy all shades of this line except watery (too pink), since I've been so impressed with the two I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by cowhugger

This is one of my favorite BB creams. It's difficult to wear it during the summer because the FL heat makes it slide off my face in under 3 hours even with a primer and a setting powder. But I would still use it on a daily basis because it's sooo creamy and blendable that it's super easy to slap on your face while still looking good. The coverage of this BB is unparalleled, I never have to apply concealer with this stuff and my skin certainly isn't the clearest. The finish of this $6 BB is a dewy gorgeousness that I previously thought only my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I'm in the shade B10) could give me. The staying power when it's cooler out is a lot better than during the summer. Unfortunately, because of my skin tone, I can only wear it during the summer since I'm slightly more tanned. During the winter I'm slightly too pale and this BB only comes in one shade. Other than that I love it and it may sound crazy but the finish it gives is totally comparable to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and it has SPF 30 while CVA... doesn't.

Some cons:
It transfers easily onto clothes, sunglasses, etc. so you MUST set it with a powder
Dismal lasting power (setting sprays might help)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by RedFishTwoFish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This BB cream has one of the best textures out there, in my opinion. Unfortunately, it's too dark for me, I would say suited to NC25-30.

If you are in this shade range and want a medium to full coverage BB with a wonderful texture, this is a good choice for you!

Pros:
-Hydrating without getting oily
-Non-irritating/didn't cause breakouts
-Good coverage
-Blends.applies evenly with a creamy texture
-Semi-matte
-Weightless on the skin
-Skin stays smooth and hydrated all day without a 'sticky' texture

Cons:
-Too dark, even worse when it oxidizes
-Will rub off if you don't set it (I don't use primer or powder)

If this had lighter shades, it would become my daily BB. As it is, I can only wear it if I layer Missha #13 over top of it and even then, it looks like I went a little crazy with bronzer/contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every day either mixed with a foundation for extra staying power or on its own. The colour may look a little too dark for some pale people when you squeeze it out, but I find it adjusts to my skin tone when I apply it. I love how I don't even need to use a brush for this, it goes on just like a moisturiser but gives full and smooth coverage! I do not even need concealer to cover blemishes or under the eyes. I don't always need powder either, this gives a really nice natural glowy complexion, and it it matches my skin tone perfectly. You don't even need to use that much and it's cheap, I will definitely be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by rpp29

This is an amazing BB cream for people with very fair skin who experience dryness. It is a little fuller in coverage than some of the other BB creams I've tried (I'm no expert), such as Skin79 Gold or The Oriental, yet it still leaves an incredibly natural finish. It does not transfer much, even without powder. It doesn't highlight any dryness and leaves skin soft, however it would probably be too light for anyone darker than NC15; I cannot use this BB cream in the summer.

There is a light fragrance to it, and although my skin tends to be sensitive, it hasn't reacted to this. I've had no problems with negative reactions, only benefits such as smoother skin, and I've been using this for approximately six months before summer started (although not daily).

I highly recommend this BB cream to those with very fair, drier skin who would like full coverage that looks natural. BB creams are very fuss-free, and this one is particularly impressive because it actually does seem to hydrate (I have found some BB creams to not be very hydrating, even after a moisturizing cream). I will repurchase again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I personally would not buy this again, but only because the color is wrong for me. This color does NOT really work on NW15. It might work for NC15, though, since this shade leans warm. But NW15? Not really. It's not terrible. It's probably passable if you use it very lightly and avoid the jaw line, but it's not a perfect match. it's a bit too orange and dark. This one suits my mom, who is probably NC25, though she says the coverage is a little fuller than she expected (she likes very sheer coverage, unlike me).

Other than the color, this is a nice product. It covers well, feels nice, and leaves a nice glowy but not shiny finish. I feel like it does emphasize my pores more than I'd like, but if I lightly powder over it, that's less of an issue.

I bought mine from eBay seller rubyruby76 on sale for only $6 with free shipping. I received it about 10 days after ordering.

NW15 girls looking for a BB cream might want to check out Missha Perfect Cover in shade 21 or the Holika Holika Petit Bb creams in Clearing and Shimmering. Those last two are from the same line as this Moisture one, but they run more fair.

Comparisons to other Holika Holika Petit BB Creams:

Clearing is cooler than Moisture with the fullest, matte-est coverage. I do not need concealer with this one.

Shimmering is the fairest of all. It's not super-sparkly, but it has a definite gleam. Coverage is quite sheer.

I have not tried Watery.

Clearing is my favorite for its coverage and matte finish, plus is matches my skintone nicely. Shimmering is great when I want a more sheer coverage and more glow, or to just use to highlight.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Katinthecorner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It only gets 4 lippies because it's the wrong color for me.

I'm on the hunt for an Asian BB cream. The American ones are glorified tinted moisturizers. So I did some research on BB creams for very fair skin, and got some samples.

One of the reasons I picked up Holika Holika is a reviewer on MUA said it matched her NW15 skin. Well, it doesn't match mine.(Then again, I've been lobbying MAC to make an NC10 which would really be my perfect match). But then again, not all NW15's are the same shade. The NW15 in Studio Tech is much lighter than NW15 in Studio Fix Fluid or Studio Sculpt. The Fix Fluid and Sculpt are a 20 in my opinion. The Holika Holika is closer to a 20-25 than a 15. And it is definitely an NW not an NC. So it's good for fair skin, but not very fair.

Color aside, this stuff is BRILLIANT. The texture is a dream. It's a little thinner than most of the other creams I have tried, but it still provides fantastic coverage. It just takes less elbow grease to blend it in. The coverage is very buildable, though I recommend patting in a second layer as opposed to rubbing it in, or maybe using a beauty blender sponge.

I can't really attest to staying power, but I left it on for an hour and it didn't oxidize to a weird color or get ashy at all. It doesn't look cakey either, though I did use Smashbox primer underneath.

I would say if your in the NW20-NW30 range, this would be a great BB cream to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a very good product with a liquidish formula. It glides smoothly on my irritated and flakey skin (because of tretinoin) BUT the shade is a tad light for me :( NC 20-25 why?? I wish they would add more shades to their range.

Because of the shade I wont buy again...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well this is a revelation. This is now my 'go to' foundation every day. It matches my fair (NW15) colouring perfectly and gives a perfect dewy sheen, no glitter, just a healthy glow.

The coverage is quite full and it feels lovely on my skin although it doesn't quite last the day out.

It's lovely not to have to wear a sunscreen as this has such a high SPF too. Got it from ebay's bellogirl for about £6 so an absolute bargain.

HG for sure, it's just lovely.

UPDATE Nov 2011 - still use it every day, 3rd tube now, go grab it fellow palies, great for daily use at that price and save your really expensive foundations for special occasions.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No