Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Moisture SPF30

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone,Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butyelene Glycol,Dipropylene Glycol,Cyclomethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium hectorite,Triethyl Citrate,Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phonoxyethanol,Glyceryl Behenate,Methylparaben,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Propylparaben,Fragrance,Xanthan Gum,Sodium Hyaluronate

on 11/15/2013 12:09:00 PM

This is my current favorite Korean BB cream. The tube is small, and I use a make-up sponge to apply it, I feel that the tube will last maybe a month. It's priced around $10 so I'm ok with buying more, especially because I'm not using anti-aging, sunscreen, moisturizer and foundation - just BB cream. I love how fast I can get ready for work now. I used to put on moisturizer and then wait 10 minutes before starting my make-up. Coverage is good, I'm pale skinned, freckles, covers most of my needs as a foundation. Love it!

on 9/17/2013 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

A pretty nice BB cream, medium coverage nice satin finish. The color is very very light but matched my extremely fair skin perfectly. Biggest problem for me was when trying to build up the coverage for more of a full coverage effect, it can get a bit cakey looking at times, especially around dryer, flakier areas. It can also start feeling a bit heavy and greasy throughout the day, even on my dry skin. So while this isn't a bad bb cream, once I started using the Holika Holika Aqua Jelly BB, I doubt I'll go back.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried my first BB Cream last year and I didn't like it very much. It was definitely more like a tinted moisturizer and didn't provide the kind of coverage I was looking for. My skin has been going through a lot of changes the last few years due to hormones and aging. I've been having more acne, fine lines, and blotchiness and I've really wanted to try to phase out of using heavier foundations as they seem to exaggerate these problems.

Over the past few months I've purchased about 5 different BB Creams but I had yet to find one that was right for my skin. I was looking for one with the right amount of coverage, that wouldn't break me out, had staying power, and doesn't settle into fine lines. I was reading positive reviews for this particular BB Cream, so I decided to try this out and Im so glad I did!

The little tube is super cute and small enough to throw in your purse.
I was a little worried when I opened it and the color seemed like it was going to be much too dark for my pale skin with yellow undertones. However, I was instantly surprised as I applied it with my fingers and it seemed to lighten up and blend flawlessly into my skin! The consistency is a bit more like a foundation than the previous products I had tried, yet it didn't feel as heavy as a foundation once applied, nor did it LOOK like foundation on my skin. The coverage is excellent and has a matte powder finish that doesn't look caked on. The result was baby soft skin!
I was happy to find that it did have a yellow undertone. Most of the BB Creams I've tried had pink undertones and made my skin more orange looking.

I set it with translucent powder and went out for the night. I was surprised that I didn't need ANY touch ups after hours of wear. I kept checking and my skin looked bright, clear, poreless, and hadn't settled into any fine lines!

I removed it with one makeup remover wipe, instead of the two (or sometimes 3) it takes to remove regular foundation completely, and my skin felt clean and soft.

I've been using it for about a week now and my skin is looking so much healthier. I also switched to a filtered shower head so Im sure that is also contributing to my skin looking healthier as well.

All in all, Im super impressed with this BB Cream!
I'd say the ONLY complaint I have is that it does contain parabens.
If I happen to find one that doesn't and performs like this one I may switch, but if not I will definitely be repurchasing despite the parabens.

on 7/8/2013 11:44:00 AM

Very light, nice to ware in summer, doesn't course any breakouts. I love it! The only disadvantage: it has just one shade, which is a bit orangy.

on 5/31/2013 11:54:00 AM

I purchased this (orange tube) on Amazon for $12. For reference, I'm combo skin w/ slightly oiler t-zone and drier cheeks, slight rosacea on cheeks, chin, nose (limited to redness only) w/ some melasma spots (fading thank god) and in my mid 40s. I wear:

MAC = NC 15
EL Double Wear = Desert Beige
EL Double Wear Light = 1.0
Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque
Rachel K = I can wear the pink tube + the black tube

This is my 2nd foray into the BB/CC cream arena, my first being Rachel K (see separate review.) In comparison to Rachel K:

1. this is MUCH cheaper
2. this appears to be the same color as the Rachel K neutral shade, but it first appears a tad lighter on my skin, but then dries/settles down to the same final color.
3. this takes WAY less product to cover my entire fact than the Rachel K.
4. provides a bit more pigmentation than Rachel K (as in covers my redness a titch better)
5. the Rachel K finish stays matte several hours longer than this - I have to apply powder mid day to cover the breakthru shine (and I am definitely NOT oily - I have a slightly oily t-zone and drier cheeks)
6. I have to apply powder over (same w/ Rachel K) because on its own, I don't feel its enough coverage for me (slight rosacea, melasma)

Even tho this claims to have beneficial ingredients (just like Rachel K claims to), I still use SS and a primer underneath = not sure how much of any beneficial ingredients are getting thru to my actual skin.

I apply this w/ my BB sponge (I absolutely HATE applying any foundation w/ my fingers) and using the BB works great.

I do set w/ my UD - otherwise I have shine after 2 hours. W/ UD, I get 4 hours before breakthru.

I put "yes" to repurchase, but I'm kind of on the fence. There are so many BB/CC creams out there, I may continue my search.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased the darkest shade on Ebay ( purple tube) and tried it on this morning.It's quit oke!Nothing more and nothing less The color could have been a little darker for me but overall it's fine.The price is excelent( les then $8)Overall a reasonable product but nothing that special.Will not buy again.Still on the search for the perfect BB Cream

on 4/26/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: Just bought my third tube of this, still love it, still upset that I even bothered buying normal foundation in the past. 1 tube lasts me 4-6 months with daily use.

DAAAAAAAMN this is good bb cream. I am swearing because why the heck did I waste all that money on foundation and primer for all these years??? I am genuinely very displeased at my previous purchases because they are such a waste compared to this.

I have very dry skin with some fine lines on my forehead and large pores around my nose. I am NC15 but am really a true neutral (no colors make me look sick or weird).

Color match is the best color match I've ever gotten in a makeup. It's perfect, completely dead on. It's also the only good match for my pale skin that warms my skin up without making me look like my liver is failing.

The finish is flawless, like second skin. Even where I put on too much, it still looked natural. You'd really have to be staring with a magnifying glass to tell I had on makeup. This brings me to another point, you do not need to use much of this! WAY less than I had thought I needed. Don't treat it like foundation and you will get a better finish. Less is more for sure.

This bb cream has spectacular coverage. It's up there with my Mac Fix + powder in terms of coverage. It's amazing. I barely had to use concealer.

Did not make lines worse. I wanted to give this a shot without primer first, to see how it performed. I found that this didn't make my lines look worse (which foundations all do without primer). However, it did settle a bit into pores. With primer it makes my lines look more invisible than without makeup and doesn't settle into pores.

Moisturizing power is great. It gives a gorgeous dewy finish and erases flakes rather than highlighting them.

Lasting power seems OK, I have dry skin so nothing really wears off on me. It has that feeling to it like it would not last well. I set it with powder and it was fine on me. If you have oilier skin, I imagine this wouldn't last long and I'd try the tea tree or essential instead.

Fragrance IS quite strong. It smells really nice, kind of floral. I have very sensitive skin and the fragrance didn't irritate me at all. No redness and no breakouts.

Cannot rave about this enough. Where have you been all my life when I wasted so much money on other foundations? :(

on 2/19/2013 1:26:00 PM

This review is for the Holika Holika Moisture SPF 30 (purple tube).
There are so many BB creams out there now, every single one of them different, it's hard to pick which is best, since many of them are only availible online.

This is one of the lower priced lines with not a lot of reviews but I was drawn to it because it's for dry skin.

The tube is slightly smaller than my Missha one, the texture slightly runny.
As with most BB creams, upon first application it appears somewhat ashy. There is no mica or glitter, the finish is somewhat dewy though. It doesn’t feel like there are silicones in it, but I didn’t check the ingredients. Missha in comparision has that silicone-y feel to it.

After about 5-10 minutes, it melts into your skin. I’m NC 30-35 for reference, and this is not too bad of a match. It has a yellowish base, which is perfect for me and I could get away with using just this in the winter. My pores disappear, it does not sink into my fine lines and after a light dusting of mineral powder, this is the perfect BB cream for me!

A tube is about $10 - you can't really go wrong with this.

on 12/8/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Though this is too dark for me (I mix some white MAC face and body foundation to lighten it, I'm NC10/15) I still think this is one of the best full coverage foundation I've tried, especially for the price ($7). The Essential bb cream is also a very good one, but I have to add white foundation and moisturizer to this to make sure it suits my skin type (I've finished accutane so my skin is still dry).

It doesn't cake up during the day and it has the texture of skin so it's hardly noticeable, even though I didn't sheer it out. It lasts all day without clinging to my pores I find myself reaching for this over my pricier foundations or bb creams. I would definitely buy all shades of this line except watery (too pink), since I've been so impressed with the two I have.

on 12/2/2012 10:13:00 AM

This is one of my favorite BB creams. It's difficult to wear it during the summer because the FL heat makes it slide off my face in under 3 hours even with a primer and a setting powder. But I would still use it on a daily basis because it's sooo creamy and blendable that it's super easy to slap on your face while still looking good. The coverage of this BB is unparalleled, I never have to apply concealer with this stuff and my skin certainly isn't the clearest. The finish of this $6 BB is a dewy gorgeousness that I previously thought only my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (I'm in the shade B10) could give me. The staying power when it's cooler out is a lot better than during the summer. Unfortunately, because of my skin tone, I can only wear it during the summer since I'm slightly more tanned. During the winter I'm slightly too pale and this BB only comes in one shade. Other than that I love it and it may sound crazy but the finish it gives is totally comparable to the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and it has SPF 30 while CVA... doesn't.

Some cons:
It transfers easily onto clothes, sunglasses, etc. so you MUST set it with a powder
Dismal lasting power (setting sprays might help)