September 30, 2014 | 1774 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - E25 Blending (was SS217)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Scotiabelle

why did I wait so long to try Sigma. Fantastic brush and brilliant price Love Make up site in UK

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first got the short handle version of this brush as a free gift from Sigma. I was so impressed that I ordered the standard version. The brush is very soft and is good at blending. I have washed it and it did not shed and splay. I bought it as I was told that it is a dupe for the MAC 217, and it is a lot cheaper. So far so good, do not hesitate to get one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The E25 is for Sigma what the 217 is for MAC. This wide rounded blending brush is used for controlled blending and for fading out edges. The MAC 217 is a true blending champion, but the Sigma E25 does a pretty good job at blending too. It is almost identical to the MAC 217, although it does feel little bit softer.
The winner: As far as blending goes, both the Sigma E25 and the MAC 217 are great and itís hard to choose. For now MAC gets my vote because I know this brush so well, but the Sigma E25 is well on its way to becoming a favorite as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a ton of brushes, and this is one of my most favorite. I originally got the travel size one with a brush order, and I liked it so much I got the full size. It's great to have both. I have moderately hooded eyes, and this brush is the perfect size/shape/density to apply and blend out shadows in my crease. It's just a little bit flattened and fits right in the crease. The bristles are short enough so they are not too flimsy, but long enough to blend and apply perfectly. Sigma brush handles are really great; they are thicker than most of my other brushes and a bit heavier. They're really nice to hold. Like some of the other reviewers, I have noticed that the bristles do splay out a bit, but this doesn't seem to affect how well it works, for me anyway. I wouldn't be without it, I use it almost every day! And for the price you absolutely can't beat it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was a free gift with my purchase. I think its always the same if you spend $30 on the site, so I did my research and opted not to buy this myself. Is it a dupe for MAC 217, besides the color of the hair NO. It splays way moree after a wash & isn't as densely packed. Does it work in the crease? Yes, but if your looking for a DS/affordable crease brush I highly recommend the one by Sonia Kashuk & at times prefer it over my MAC even. This one doesn't blend the color out to nothing as I prefer, nor is it as fluffy and soft. Its also smaller than SK so takes longer in the crease, to do the same job.

I have found good use out of the E25 though, I use it to CONTOUR MY NOSE. It fits perfectly, I go from right below my eyebrow/tear duct area from dusting to the middle where i densely swipe all the down to the middle of my nostril on each side. I like the shape of my nose, its long & narrow already, I just contour to make it prominent & really highlight its structure. I like how I have a separate brush for this job, as before I would have to use my blending/crease brush & daily spray to clean off my eyeshadow color before getting to my nose. This saves time & the accident application of color/shimmer from my eyes to the nose, if I were to forget to clean in between.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I use it to deposit color on crease/ above crease and blending. It gives a beautiful soft blended look with not much effort. I wash it daily and have not experiened any shedding and it keeps its shape. This brush is one of my musts for my eyeshadow application. I know its been compared to MACs 217 I actually have owned it in the past but took it back because I didnt care for it. This brush I love.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank god I got a mini verson of this as my so called "$30 bonus gift". It takes so long to clean this brush and it shreds like no tomorrow.It doesn't blend as well as I hoped. I hate how everybody thinks Sigma is the perfect dupe for MAC.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great brush for the crease ! I use it mainly for that, but I sometimes use it to blend out edges and it works well too. It applies color wonderfully, its perfect for when I want a softer look. I would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this brush! I am so glad I got this one instead of shelling out more $ for the MAC version. It blends wonderfully and is so soft and versatile. You can use it to add color to your crease and then flip it haflway over to use the fat side to blend it out. I ordered the regular sized E25 and they send me the travel sized one as a free gift, so I gave it to my sister..she loves it, too! Shipping was fast as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this brush! i was going to purchase the mac 217 but at the last minute decided on this instead. i'm so happy i did. This works amazing for blending! the best brush i've tried for blending definatly! i have to say, i purchased the full sized from sigma but was send a free mini e25 as a gift for buying more than $30 of brushes. The mini travel one is NOT the same. It looks the same but it's not as soft (kind of prickly actually) and doesn't blend as well. So if you do want this, purchase the full sized instead of expecting thhe mini sized to be the same quality.