MAC Cleanse Off Oil - Tranquil

3.9

Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Zostera Marina (Sea Grass) Extract, Eriobotyra Japonica (Loquat) Leaf Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Water / Aqua / Eau, Citros Junus Peel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Gevuina Avellana Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Squalane, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Bisabolol, Alcohol, Pentasodium Pentetate

I really enjoy using this product (which is SO strange to me to type, because I typically don't trust makeup lines to do skincare very well...). I bought it to give the oil cleansing method a try, forgot about it for awhile, and then brought it out to try to start using up the massive catalogue of products that I own. I have been very pleasantly surprised with how much I like this. I use a couple of pumps in my hand, put a few drops of water in it to make it in to a creamy, milky substance, and rub that on my face - and it dissolves ALL of my makeup. It even gets deep in to the root of my lashes, where my eye makeup remover misses. It has not broken me out, it smells really nice (but not an overwhelming scent whatsoever), and it is free of mineral oil. This is a really great oil cleanser from MAC, and if I weren't wanting to try the Shu Uemura Ultim8 Cleansing Oil after I finish this, I would definitely repurchase.

I don't normally write reviews but this cleansing oil is the worst. Good thing I only bought the small travel size. I will continue to stick with my shu uemura. Just an advice don't bother to buy this.
It made me break-out, I did not like the consistency when I use on my face. It was not harsh and I tried it for 3 nights just to give it a chance and unfortunately, my skin suffered but nothing major, just a lot of tiny bumps.

I bought this by accident at the MAC store, but I feel that it works just as well!
However, I'm not a big fan of the smell. It's suppose to smell clean and such, but I personally don't like anything with fragrances

I have been using this for 3 months now and I love it. If I weren't so darn curious to try the regular MAC cleansing oil, I'd repurchase.
PROS:
Removes ALL makeup. Hardcore eyeliners, matte lippies, everything.
Doesn't cause break outs.
Lasts forever (one pump is enough)
I like the whole procedure of rubbing this before I go to bed, seeing how my makeup disolves.
Pleasant scent.
CONS:
There's no MAC in my country!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this oil as I was struggling to find a cleanser to take off my sunscreen but at the same time wouldnt irritate my skin. This oil is fairly light, and I massaged it onto dry skin and then added a tiny bit of water which helped the process along and then rinsed. It removed all my makeup and sunscreen easily! However, I found my skin was a lot oilier throughout the day than it usually was (even though I only used the oil at night) and also I found irritation patches on my skin looked redder and more angry. Luckily I only bought the small size as I will not be using this product any longer.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Like the previous reviewer, I prefer this over the regular MAC Cleanse-Off Oil. It leaves my normal-to-dry skin completely clean with no residue, doesn't leave my face feeling dry, and it's slightly less fragranced than the regular version. I'm a bit of a cleansing oil hoor (what can I say? I love how simple cleansing oil is to use, and how it removes every trace of makeup - even waterproof - easily & without excess rubbing or tugging) and in addition to the MAC oils, I've tried Shu (3 different formulas), BB, Shiseido, Origins, Boscia, DHC, & Fancl. MAC Cleanse-Off Oil Tranquil is my top pick. Bonus: You can turn your empty bottle in for Back 2 MAC :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this better than the origional cleanse off oil, it smells amazing gets all my makeup off and makes my skin super soft

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So happy I tried this...I purchased it in one of the Mac sized to go ones for $10 and I think it was a good way to try it. This is geared toward dryer skin types but I have oily skin and haven't had any problems with it and it doesn't leave and oily residue afterwards. I recently got a little sunbured on my nose and was so thankful to have this gentle makeup remover to get my make up off. My nose is very tender and dry right now and I feel like putting this on is helping and not causing any damage. I don't really notice the smell much when I use it but it does have light frangrance because of the oils used in it. I use it on my eyes and face and absolutely love this. If you are looking for a good remover and have oily skin don't be afraid and give it a go.