October 25, 2014 | 1310 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Chubby Stick - Mega Melon

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Rth1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased two chubby sticks on a whim while shopping and mega melon is one of them. The color is hard to explain as it is a combination of light brown, peach and pink. I found that it is slightly similar to Mac Mocha only that Mega melon is much better for its good color payoff and for its moisturizing ability. The ingredients listed look good and it is a nice color to go with during the cold weather days. Keeps lips moisturized for few hours and would recommend a lip balm or re application after that. Not suited for hot summers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

GORGEOUS! This color is exotic. I love it. It works great especially when I have a tan and pair it with a coral blush. My lips are naturally quite pigmented and it compliments it just perfectly. Mega Melon almost has everything, like a faded red, a hint of pink, a gorgeous coral tone and a sexy goldish shimmer, especially in the sun. Feels very soft on the lips, balmy and smooth. Recommend it for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

I purchased this chubby stick online for $25 AUD. Buying this from a Clinique counter here in Australia will cost $35 (crazy mark-up considering it's $16 USD). So I suggest that if you live in Aus, try online first : ).

Anyway, I really like the colour of Mega Melon, it's a rosy melon shade. It's slightly lighter than my natural lip colour and since my lips are quite pigmented already, it just makes my lips look a little more polished because I've put some effort into at least wearing something - great for no makeup days!

The packaging is also great. I like how there's no need for sharpening so the product can just wind up at your convenience. This also makes it perfect to carry in my bag and reapply during the day. Since the colour is not super pigmented but just a tint, I don't have to worry about using a mirror.

The amount you get though, doesn't seem like very much. I wound up the whole thing and it's only about a third of the stick length.

Also, I don't find it to be as 'super-nourishing' as Clinique claims it to be. It's very much got that 'balmy' texture, so not much slip to it. I suggest for lips to be somewhat exfoliated and smooth before wearing this. It's not a lip balm that solves dryness too well so if you're someone who gets pretty dry lips, I'm not sure how moisturising you'll find this. One day when I was wearing this, mum actually commented that my lips looked kinda dry that day. A lot of the time I'll wear this just for the nice tint it gives my lips and not cos my lips need nourishment. In fact, there are days where my lips are feeling kinda dry and I'll put on another lip balm before putting this on!

Even though this is a nice product which I'd recommend giving a try, there are just too many other brands that are now making these sort of tinted balm sticks at a cheaper price. So I guess it depends on how much you want to spend.

I probably won't be repurchasing this after I'm done just because I'd like to try something new. Also, at how much AUD I'll have to spend, it just seems too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this product because I wanted to try a lipstick that's creamy, pencil like and not too too pigmented. I don't like heavy lipstick so I usually stick to the light and lipgloss type of products. I wasn't too sure about the color when I bought it but now I love the color. It's my go to lip color~ It's easy to apply and it goes on smoothly and I like how it makes my lips feel. It goes with any outfit which is a huge plus. Will purchase again! I want to try other colors too! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a mini version of Mega Melon in a gift-with-purchase kit. It's a warm peachy-rosy color in a cute little crayon-shape. It's decently moisturizing when it's freshly applied, but after the color wears off, my lips feel drier than before. Not a fan of that. The color's nice for when you wanna look fresh and natural, but I wouldn't pay $14 for a full-size once the sample runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I love Chubby Stick in Mega Melon, but mine ran out with regular use every other month, and I just couldn't justify $15 lipbalm purchases every other month. It is a pretty and natural pink color that works well with most skin tones. The "pencil" packaging works well for precise application.

The formula goes on smoothly, moisturizes lips without drying, and is not sticky at all (I absolutely hate sticky lip products and avoid most lipglosses primarily for this reason). It does not last long, just a couple of hours, but it's such a nice product that I did not mind re-applying throughout the day.

I found a decent drugstore dupe in the Revlon LipButters Berry Smoothie, except that the Berry S is a slightly darker pink, a bit more sheer w/little sparkles, and doesn't have the pencil application. I do disclaim that if MM is very coral pink on you, Berry S may not be an exact dupe (MM comes out dark pink on me). However, Berry S is similar to Mega Melon as a pretty pink color and most importantly, feels quite the same when applied.

But anyway, I would recommend the chubby stick in Mega Melon to try out or if you don't mind paying $15 on a regular basis for lipbalm.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Karliealexandra

Absolutley LOVE! This colour really suites fair skin, quite expensive considering that it is just a tinted chap stick and It doenst last very long but it feels great and looks great while it lasts!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by tabriasmakeuplife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

ABSOLUTELY in love with this specific colour for the chubby sticks. I like some of the other colours I have but this is by far my favourite everyday one! I'm turning 16 in may and this lipcolour is totally wearable for a girl my age. I just throw this on with some mascara and powder for school and it looks so natural and makes my lips look so much bigger and lush. For me, it's kind of like a "your lips but better" colour because my lips kind of have more red tones than pink tones in them. So this just looks perfect. If your lips are naturally a lighter shade and you want a naturally darker look to them, definitely pick this up. Sooo moisturing and so worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample size in my bonus box and I love it! The colour is perfect, a warming nude-coral which enhances my very pale lips. It's not too glossy either - it really is a coloured balm, and for me, really nice and moisturing on my lips.

I like the packaging and am glad it winds up - I wouldn't like it if I had to sharpen it. What I don't like is the price (you can get similar products for 1.99 from Superdrug) and also the smell. It is vile. That very waxy, L'oreal lipstick type smell. I've thrown away lippies with this type of smell before, this one doesn't seem so offensive - maybe because it is quite sheer?

I would still rebuy this though, I am hoping to get the bright pink one next. I love the finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by itztheshoe

This is hands down one of my favorite lip products of all time. Essentially a lip balm, it does what lip balms do: moisturize. Granted, since it's a colored lip balm, it's not going to compare to a Vaseline lip balm or any lip balm containing petroleum jelly. If you're looking for something that targets on moisturizing the lips, you're on the wrong page.
The color is, I agree with another reviewer, hard to explain. It's definitely not a light pink or nude color, but it goes on sheer so you don't have to worry about a dark, opaque color. It's kind of like a dark pinkish coral color. I have naturally medium-dark pink lips so when I apply it, it's just an enhanced version of my lip color, with a little shimmer. The color builds and no matter how many layers you apply, it still looks relatively natural.
I highly recommend this product.