Clinique Chubby Stick - Mega Melon

4.3

on 2/7/2014 8:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not a great balm, but I find most balms not that effective anyway. It's not a terrible balm either. It feels nice on the lips and has a nice sheer tint that isn't really matte but definatly not shimming. It is very nice peachy shade that looks almost natural. It doesn't last long but very I don't find other lip glosses or lipsticks do either. What is nice is the effect is subtle, and so it doesn't look funny half worn off. Ths is one of my favorite shades along with strawberry. You can wear them under a gloss or lip buter shine. The intense shades wear more like lipstick and are more pigmented. I like how this looks though, as I don't love lipstick most days and hate gloss on me. I hate the sticky feel of it. This isn't sticky feeling. Best of all there is no scent or taste, which is annoying on the lips. Teh colors are more tasteful the Revlon's lip stains and feel nicer, though don't last as long. Not for everyone as the effect is fairly natural, which to me is the point. The best is the crayon format which others do. My husband always says "you have your crayon". Tarte lip stains look brighter though. These feel nicer.

on 1/14/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nice peachy color, goes on smooth, like the twist up applicator. The lasting power is so short, gone within an hour on my lips. And the thinner formula leaves my lips dried out. So for the price, I prefer similar drugstore lip balms that last longer.

on 1/14/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Complex color, it is light coral peachy nude on me like a MLBB shade as well. It's simply lovely! I got it with a GWP but I would replace it. There are dupes out there from Jordana but they aren't as nice as the Clinique chubby sticks. It has a wonderful light & slippery, fine texture without any chunks of glitter. This shade would be age appropriate for all ages. I adore this!! (As opposed to their other GWP offering in 2013 which was an awful purple chubby stick I personally did not care for ;/ )

on 12/9/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this color.

I never thought I could wear peachy colors well (as I'm squarely comfortable with pinks) but gave this a chance in store.

Works amazingly well with my lip color without needing to layer it on too think

Love this combo with Kevyn Aucoin's tansoleil cream blush.

on 7/20/2013 8:10:00 AM

fabulous packaging and easy to apply I'm not sure the colour , mega melon was quite right for me though ( I was bought this colour as a present) Would I recommend as a good product definitely. Will I try another colour probably

on 7/13/2013 7:27:00 PM

I got this as a gift this past Christmas and was reallyyyyy excited to try it out. I liked the formulation, I just didn't dig the color. I'm sure this would look really good on someone with tanned skin.

on 7/13/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased two chubby sticks on a whim while shopping and mega melon is one of them. The color is hard to explain as it is a combination of light brown, peach and pink. I found that it is slightly similar to Mac Mocha only that Mega melon is much better for its good color payoff and for its moisturizing ability. The ingredients listed look good and it is a nice color to go with during the cold weather days. Keeps lips moisturized for few hours and would recommend a lip balm or re application after that. Not suited for hot summers.

on 7/11/2013 8:01:00 PM

GORGEOUS! This color is exotic. I love it. It works great especially when I have a tan and pair it with a coral blush. My lips are naturally quite pigmented and it compliments it just perfectly. Mega Melon almost has everything, like a faded red, a hint of pink, a gorgeous coral tone and a sexy goldish shimmer, especially in the sun. Feels very soft on the lips, balmy and smooth. Recommend it for sure.

on 6/10/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this chubby stick online for $25 AUD. Buying this from a Clinique counter here in Australia will cost $35 (crazy mark-up considering it's $16 USD). So I suggest that if you live in Aus, try online first : ).

Anyway, I really like the colour of Mega Melon, it's a rosy melon shade. It's slightly lighter than my natural lip colour and since my lips are quite pigmented already, it just makes my lips look a little more polished because I've put some effort into at least wearing something - great for no makeup days!

The packaging is also great. I like how there's no need for sharpening so the product can just wind up at your convenience. This also makes it perfect to carry in my bag and reapply during the day. Since the colour is not super pigmented but just a tint, I don't have to worry about using a mirror.

The amount you get though, doesn't seem like very much. I wound up the whole thing and it's only about a third of the stick length.

Also, I don't find it to be as 'super-nourishing' as Clinique claims it to be. It's very much got that 'balmy' texture, so not much slip to it. I suggest for lips to be somewhat exfoliated and smooth before wearing this. It's not a lip balm that solves dryness too well so if you're someone who gets pretty dry lips, I'm not sure how moisturising you'll find this. One day when I was wearing this, mum actually commented that my lips looked kinda dry that day. A lot of the time I'll wear this just for the nice tint it gives my lips and not cos my lips need nourishment. In fact, there are days where my lips are feeling kinda dry and I'll put on another lip balm before putting this on!

Even though this is a nice product which I'd recommend giving a try, there are just too many other brands that are now making these sort of tinted balm sticks at a cheaper price. So I guess it depends on how much you want to spend.

I probably won't be repurchasing this after I'm done just because I'd like to try something new. Also, at how much AUD I'll have to spend, it just seems too much.

on 6/5/2013 3:38:00 PM

I just got this product because I wanted to try a lipstick that's creamy, pencil like and not too too pigmented. I don't like heavy lipstick so I usually stick to the light and lipgloss type of products. I wasn't too sure about the color when I bought it but now I love the color. It's my go to lip color~ It's easy to apply and it goes on smoothly and I like how it makes my lips feel. It goes with any outfit which is a huge plus. Will purchase again! I want to try other colors too! <3

Popular Lipsticks