Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 8/6/2014 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I see why this received such low reviews. This stuff is for people who have little to no acne. My acne can be moderate to severe. I purchased this because my other cleanser was drying my face. My face was not dry while using it, but it definitely was NOT strong enough. Acne can not be killed with 0.5% salicylic acid, at least not mine anyway. Normally Aveeno products work well for me. Not this, if you have moderate to severe acne, don't waste your money. It's not worth it.

on 7/30/2014 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I needed a new facial wash so i decided to just grab this one because it seemed good.. After 1 use at night i ended up waking up and my few pimples were gone i didnt have to cover up anything i felt good for once i really do love this product i use it with the same mouisturizer but I think that some people that use it have sensitive skin thats probly half the problem which i do not have sensitive skin. But overall i love this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I use this after make-up removal.

on 6/26/2014 9:42:00 PM

No, no, no. I use Neutrogena's oil free acne wash and bought this as a replacement. This cleanser is terribly drying and I have acne-prone aging skin. I think this product might be acceptable for the oiliest or as a body wash for bacne.

on 6/19/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is amazing. It leaves skin smooth and soft after using it, and the smell is a great fresh scent.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am writing this review after my first use, which may seem odd, but keep reading and you'll see why.
My skin is oily/combination and prone to mild acne. After removing my make-up lastnight, I continued with this, instead of my usual cleansing scrub. I then moisturised as usual and went to sleep. Low and behold, in the morning, my skin felt tight all over, and even painful in some areas. And I always wake up with slightly oily-comfortable skin. I decided to put some of my day cream on my face to soothe it quickly, and it literally felt like my skin was absolutely gagging for the cream, and I had to reapply. This never happens to my oily skin. It is my opinion that this product is really not kind to skin and is to be used with caution. I will never use this again as a face wash.
However all is not lost, because I think this will work well as a spot treatment, to dry out active blemishes. I may also use this on certain parts of my body, like my back.
I wouldn't repurchase this and wouldnt recommend this to anyone.

on 1/24/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been using Aveeno's Clear Complexion moisturizer for over a year now and love it. So I wanted a face wash to pair it with. This just didn't work, at all. My face did NOT feel clean at all. The foam just sort of disappears and you can't get a good wash. Also, very drying. And to make matters worse- the pump broke. And once that pump is broke you are S.O.L! $8 down the drain, literally. No thanks. I prefer creamy thick cleansers than foaming ones. On a (good) side note: I do love the scent of the whole clear complexion line.

on 1/24/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been reading comments on it drying skin, it's suspose to be used with the matching moisturizer, without it if your skin is sensitive like mine it will dry it out. It also has SA in the moisturizer. I'd recommend once you wash your face pat it dry and put the moisturizer as soon as possible. Over all this product works well I have never found anything that completely clears my skin since I have a lot of small blackheads. I would recommend it as long as you have the moisterizer.

on 1/23/2014 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I use this every night and most mornings and I really see no difference in my skin. It doesn't feel any cleaner after using and doesn't prevent any of my breakouts. I think it does help a little once I actually breakout, but really not impressed. The only nice thing is when you rub it on your face it doesn't disappear like a lot of foam cleansers do. Will use until runs out because it doesn't break me out, but definitely will not repurchase or recommend.

on 1/5/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the only thing that makes my skin soft, clean and even. I've been walking pass this product for years trying expensive brands and harsh treatments when it was right in my drug store... who would have thought??!? I will differently recommend this product and will be using this from now on.