July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by nbedard

So first off I would like to say this face wash is not for everyone. I previously changed up my facial care routine due to the amount of money my previous cleanser cost. My previous cleanser was roughly $40 and considering I only paid about $8 for this I was a happy camper. First time I tried it I absolutely loved it, as I am a fan of aveeno products! The foam did a great job at cleaning my skin, leaving it smooth and touchable. After just three days of using this cleanser, I noticed my skin was getting very dry and believe it or not I now have blisters and burns all over my face. I immediately stopped using this cleanser and went to see my doctor to get a topical cream to soothe it, which hasn't helped very much as of today. I am really disappointed because I wanted to love this product! The packaging, price, and scent were nice but unfortunately, this cleanser did not like me at all. I have oily skin that is prone to acne and VERY sensitive and I am afraid to say I will be switching back to my expensive cleanser. If you notice your skin drying out due to this cleanser, I recommend you stop using it before it turns into something worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Kayqueen

Over the last year I've been battling cystic acne which has started to go away but I still get pimples on my face. I've stopped using makeup remover and I use this twice a day instead. I've noticed a difference with my face after a week of doing this. Less pimples and less redness. It isn't drying my face out but I don't have oily skin like some other reviews mentioned. Overall this is a pretty light and sensitive cleanser. So far so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really want to like this cleanser. I would definitely Not recommend it to anyone who isn't going through active acne because then this cleanser will dry your skin out and cause more. I'm currently testing it as my morning cleanser only. twice a day would be too drying. It does a good job to absorb oil! It is already good in my book. Smells really fresh which is nicer than no fragrance because sometimes you get a little bored from that. I like my skin to be natural after I clean it. I don't want it to feel "tingly". the way I see it, there must be an ingrredients in there, it could be the salicylic acid or what not that is causing the film,..I also suspect this product might clog my pores. it hasn't done that yet but you know when you first start using a cleanser and you think everything is going wonderful? I am skeptical about this one...I will update on whether I love it and the film continues, whether it helps with my acne prone skin....I am going back to clean and clear if this doesn't work out. Also, the pump is annoying and hard to use....

Update: not good. It works well at first but something about the ingredients will eventually clog your pores and break you out bad, also leave scars, so be careful. Nice fresh cleanser. I wish I loved this. what is going on with aveeno...LOVE the postitively radiant moisturizers and cleanser LOVE the clear complexion moisturizer and makeup yet this one made my skin react something terrible...this cleanser clogged my pores up it was awful...SO i tried the comfort cleanser and exact same problem o my

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by blackhalo

It strips too much oil off of my face and didn't make any difference at all in my acne or complexion. The pump is also a bit hard to push down and despite it being a mostly rounded plastic I actually sliced my finger on it once when it slipped off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Rummmy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dealt with acne for over 10 years and I have oily skin. I'm always nervous to try new cleansers, creams, etc because i'm scared to break out. This cleanser does not make me break out at all and my face isn't red anyone. It does not sting or make my face dry at all. When I first started using this my face never felt so clean, i don't feel that anymore but it could be becuase i'm used to using it. I would recommend this to people with acne, maybe not severe cases as you may need something from a dermatologist. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by brilliantbrunette34

I have acne prone skin, and this is one of the best cleansers I've ever owned. It immediately begins clearing blemishes and eliminates most, if not all, redness on my face. I can say I've literally tried nearly every product (from expensive to cheap) and this seems to be one of the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by SaraSmith44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this Cleanser!! I have dry skin and this cleanser doesn't dry my skin out too much, but I would definitely follow with a nice moisturizer. This cleanser fulfills all of its claims; evens out my naturally red skin and helps prevents breakouts! The price is totally worth the product and the packaging is just too cute! The pump is soooo convenient and the foam is lovely. This cleanser is gentle, but does the job and is a must buy! I love it!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ughh this stuff definitely dries my very oily skin out, and this causes breakouts for me. i dont know if i broke out from the drying or from irritation from an ingredient or the strong fragrance. either way it sucks and ive tried it enough times to be sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by jessicababebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I have ever owned. Granted, my skin has changed over the years and this may not have worked for me when I had more serious acne problems a few years back. But right now it is working wonders. I was using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil line for a while, and they were working alright. However, my skin was starting to break out a lot around my forehead, and then spreading to my cheeks. I was worried and I thought maybe the tea tree line wasn't going to do the job. I did some research and found that Aveeno Clear Complexion had received very positive reviews. I bought this and the moisturizer and my skin cleared up within a few days. Where it was always very oily in the past, my skin has looked matte throughout the day. It was irritated and red before now it looks calm. I don't even need to use foundation, just a dab of concealer and my skin looked great. It's fantastic! It also removes all my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by shells258

This product is AHHHHmazing.
I never tried aveno products and this was my first one. I used to use the clinique foaming cleanser, i liked that one too but this is a great dupe. I have tried a bajillion cleansers, this is my favorite. For those ladies out there who are skeptical, i hear ya.. been there,but im telling you GET IT will make your skin soft and refreshed. The packaging makes me oh so happy too.
Its affordable, Jennifer Aniston supports aveno :) its good for people with oily skin/combination/acne.
All around amazing product. I HIGHLY recommend it.