December 21, 2014 | 868 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Sashaaaa

It is nice when you apply it, skin looks radiant. However couple of hours later it starts to dry my skin and makes my makeup look cakey.

Update:Ok, after some creative application experiments, I found that overall makeup cakiness (and I normally use only concealer and a little pressed powder) decreases if I apply the Idealist OVER my moisturiser (Estee Lauder Daywear Lotion SPF 15), however I think theoretically this method defeats the purpose of the serum, since the moisturiser creates a barrier to all the serum's antioxidants and other good-for-skin ingredients. What I am left with in the end is a purely cosmetic effect which is not worth paying $92 - I can do the same with a nice highlighter.
ps. I do not dare to think of wearing it at nigth with all the silicone and glitter.

On a different note I can recommend Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate that is albeit a differnet purpose product (subtle exfoliation and skin turnover) but gives similar results in terms of overall radiance of face, goes nicely under my moisturiser and gives a nice velvet feel to my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Shh23

This feels so lovely on my skin and I notice a difference when I don't use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by natasjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Don't expect a miracle to happen when you use this, but it definitely helped to even my skintone. Acne scars are less visible, reduced redness, less/no break outs, just an overall better/fresher look. I must say the effects were better noticable the first 2 weeks than they are now (after using it 1,5 month) but I wouldn't stop using it. It's quite pricey though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

UPDATE: I have downgraded this serum because it seems to have leveled off, and stopped working for me. No additional lightening effect. Bummer. Maybe my skin got used to it? :(

---------------------------------------------------

I have been using this at night along with Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair (ANR first, then this on top), for about 6 weeks, and I have noticed that this combination does a good job of evening my skin of blotchiness and redness. My skin looks much more uniform and luminous. Pores are smaller. Fine lines are lessened. And it has helped lighten age spots moderately (maybe by 30-40%). But the age spots are still there - it hasn't removed them ......... Just lightened them. Overall, I do like the product and the positive effects on my skin, and will continue to use it. Maybe if I remember to, I'll check back in another month or so and let you all know if it has any further inprovement to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Mrslefondre

Fab!!! I'm shocked to see so many negative reviews if I'm honest. Only been using this product a week and I've already got the confidence to go make up free! Which is a miracle as I've not done it in 10years. Amazing as all EL products are :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has done a fantastic job of evening out my skintone over the past two months, so far I'm really liking this product.

I have combination dry, sensitive skin that is prone to irritation and break outs if I use the wrong products - very surprised I can use this. For the first half hour or so after a shower, my face is red and splotchy. As soon as I apply this (after my Clarins Liquid Bronze self tanner), my skin evens out almost immediately and them I'm ready for my foundation. No need for an additional moisturizer. It pairs very well with the self tanner because the product itself has a bit of a goldish shimmer that isn't garish, but looks more like a golden glow afterwards. I've noticed that since I started using this, my foundation stays on a lot longer too so for me, it almost acts as a primer as well.

To date, I've never purchased a full size bottle - I keep buying the samples off ebay, I just picked up 3 little bottles for under 20 dollars. I use quite a bit of the product every day and am still on my first bottle.

My big test of this product will come in the fall/winter when my skin is very dry and irritated - I will continue to use and update if anything changes but so far, this stuff has been fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had initially received a sample of this product as part of a gift bag and after a few weeks of continuous use, I had noticed a visible difference in the texture and overall appearance of my complexion. For the record, I do not have acne-prone skin. But when I do break out due to stress, the lone zit (cyst type eruption) that emerges can leave a lingering mark that takes some time to fade. It has taken less time in doing so since using this product. I had applied the serum SPARINGLY to the major areas of my face after makeup removal and cleansing (forehead, tip of nose, chin and cheeks) smoothing it over evenly, then finishing up with my usual layer of moisturizer and eye cream (both on mornings and evenings). So far, it has kept my skin smooth and even toned, as promised. Just purchased the full sized bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Dannigiirl

My biggest skin issue is my acne marks/scars. I heard so much rant and rave about Estée Lauder's Even Skintone Illuminator serum and read so many success stories, I figured I'd give it a shot. To start out I only purchased the 1oz bottle which was around $60 at the time just because I wanted to try it out. There were 2 other sizes; a 1.7 oz which was $90 and a 3.4 which was $140. They all were a bit pricey for me but definitely worth a try to help build my self esteem. This serum is more watery in consistency than "jelly-like", which I didn't really like at first. I feel that the silicone texture helps blur the look of my pores. I used this product for almost 9 MONTHS and didn't see any sort of improvement in my skin. The only good thing I could point out was that the redness in my skin diminished a little, but nothing involving my marks. When I applied the serum it actually stung and kind of burnt my face for about a minute, but I dealt with it. The scent is so strong and smells like cucumber citrus, which I don't mind but it gets overwhelming. It had a very luminescent glow that was sort of a yellow tint and the only upside to that was it gave my skin a glow but only before I applied my foundation. I also noticed that I started to break out from this even more due to all the dang fragrance and parabens in this product. I will never repurchase this product and other people I've talked to said they had similar side effects and no results. What a waste of money in my book!! In 9 months I had purchased over $200 (after I bought the 1oz for $60 which only lasted 1 1/2 months, I bought the 3.4oz for $140 that barely lasted me 6 months!) and using it day and night I ran thorough it like hot cakes! I don't recommend this serum and Estée Lauder, you need to step up your game and quit putting so much fragrance in your products!! It's sickening.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the idea of using a product that would illuminate and make my skin glow but this product did not do it for me. It in fact made my imperfections stand out and dried out my skin. I was not pleased with the results and will not purchase again. I would not suggest to people who have acne break outs, this will only make it worse and cause irritation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by tequila29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Basically this product does not live up to its claim. I used it religiously for several months and saw no difference on my cheeks. I have some splotchiness and unevenness but I can't say this product helped at all. I probably have 2/3 of a bottle left so I will use it on my navel to see if I can see any visible improvement in fading the dark line I have that runs from below my belly button down. I doubt it will work but what else can I do with this glittery cream?