April 16, 2014 | 1479 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by stls

Talk about edgy vanilla here. Neither snuggly nor cozy, Addict is a whole different animal.

Opens with an unusual green note which I couldn't pinpoint but now I agree, mandarin leaves of course. Sleek, green, refreshing, slightly bitter. I didn't get berries but they might just tone down the natural bitterness of the leaves.

It gradually gets more woody and smokey with noticeable floral undertones. There isn't a classic bouquet of them in Addict, the most prominent is the night blooming cereus which isn't common and that's part of Addict's mysterious aura.

Vanilla gently surrounds all the other notes but it never gets really sweet IMO, it's on the more abstract and woody/ floral kind of vanilla perfumes.

This is a great winter night scent, feels very modern and confident. High heels, sleek black attire and metallic smokey eyes required.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I don't like this perfume at all. It's strong and in your face in an offensive way. The notes hit me all wrong and make me want to take it off. Sorry Dior

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by MedeEa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This one is not like other perfumes, it has its own personality. When I wear it, I feel sexy, feminine, stylish and I must say that a little goes a long way. However due to it's high price, I decided to try other perfumes and wasted a lot of money thinking that I could find a fragrance that could make me feel like Dior Addict does, but not only that I failed, I also felt jealous everytime I smelled it on another woman. So I bought it again and from now on this is my signature scent. I agree it's not a fragrance for everyone and it's ok with me. Strong characters do not please everyone, but they stand out! And better to be loved or hated than totally ignored.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a delightful surprise this fragrance is to me. She sits close to me, yet stays with me all night and awakens with me, her delicate gourmand notes still intact. Dior Addict is a comfortable scent, boozy smooth with a headiness that wraps around me like an over-sized sweater that I reach for over and over to wear over my straight leg jeans and DVF boots. There's a sexy, lanquid feel going on, almost panther-like, so slow and sexy, cat-eye and all. A transformation begins whenever I wear this perfume. And wear it I do whenever I feel mysterious or playful.
The night blooming cereus and tonka beans intertwine to make this a creamy frag that boldly speaks for itself in an unassuming way that sneaks up on those around the wearer. The name says it all. This is a sexy Oriental that doesn't pack cloying sweetness into its delicious notes.
Top Notes: Blackberry, Mandarin Leaf.
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Night Blooming Cereus, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by here4themusic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I will start out by saying I'm a male who does happen to like certain fragrances for woman. I first smelled addict on a friend of mine and was never able to forget the unique, sexy smell of it. I recently purchased my own bottle of it and I have to say I'm not at all disappointed. Like many female fragrances, this is one that can be worn by men and women (I'd recommend that men use less of it - it is quite potent). The smell of it is hard to explain; I'd say there is definitely a hint of vanilla but aside from that it remains a mystery to me. It's a very comforting smell yet seductive and sexy. Nowadays, many fragrances smell alike and whenever I step into a store, I feel like I'm being bombarded with different scents, many of them very similar. I think many would agree that this scent stands out from the rest and isn't like any other perfume. It is expensive ($105 for 3.4 oz.) but well worth every scent. I'ts very hard to explain why the scent is so amazing - all I can say is that after I put it on, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It is truly "addictive" and is something you will either love or hate. Hopefully love! Anyway, my point is - go out and try it! You won't know until you do.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How could i give this iconic fragrance anything less than five lippies. It is simply superb. Addict is such a comforting, mellow scent. Slightly vanillic but not sweet. A little bit like a chocolate chip cookie but not syrupy. A little dash of incense is in the mix too. This is most definitely a scent that can be worn by both men and women alike. Addict is a perfume that tends to put me at ease and relaxes me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by ilovelavalamps

Absolutely love it. Got it in a miniatures set duty free on a plane nearly 10 years ago and have never looked back (3 large bottles later). I do understand why it doesn't work for some people. Plenty of my girlfriends perfumes I love smelling on them but they smell like toilet spray on me. I don't bag the perfume though, just doesn't work with my chemistry. The passion with which some people bag this perfume perplexes me....however. I LOVE THIS. Have worn it every day for 10 years. It is STRONG. One teeny squirt on one wrist is enough for both wrists and behind the ears. Lasts all day. Morphs as the day goes on. I'm also a chronic migraine sufferer and it doesn't affect that at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by haruhii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I initially tried this in my young 20's, I didn't like it as much because it seemed too old and the scent was rather strong. Now that I'm a bit older I've come to like the scent although it is still pretty strong. At least it makes it last all day. :). I still have the same bottle from around 6 years ago and the scent hasn't changed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by OfficialMS

I bought this fragrance about half a year ago. I first smelled it at a local store in The Netherlands. After that I was trying a couple more of different fragrances. I immediately run back to this one, picked the biggest package (100ml) up and payed it. Now the bottle is half full and haven't wear the fragrance for a while so I decided to spray this again all over me, not too much because it's such an overpowering fragrance but I fell in love immediately again. Last week I went back to the store and the lady that was helping me, told me that it maybe would be discontinued (maybe it was just a rumor, don't know. She told me) so ladies, if you got a bottle of this AMAZING fragrance, run to the nearest store and get a back up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become my signiture scent. I know it sounds cliche but I am in love and so is everyone that smells it on me. STRONG smell so go easy on it. Warm and delish.